It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya - "the most important development of the early 21st century"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
William Hague Just said this...

www.bbc.co.uk...

"We are only in the early stages of what is happening in North Africa and the Middle East. It is already set to overtake the 2008 financial crisis and 9/11 as the most important development of the early 21st century, and is likely to bring some degree of political change in all countries in the Arab world."

Kinda sounds like he knows something, huh? We're only in the early stages? This is a very alarming statement, in my opinion. I think we're heading for a region wide war. Alliances are being formed (US+EU+Arab League) and there are troops from Saudi Arabia and UAE in Bahrain.........the Med/southern Europe is being turned into a giant military staging area......there are so many flashpoints over there it's hard to keep up.

How will Russia and China play this? Will they get involved or sit back and watch what happens?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Naa, Tunesia was actually the most important development..that was the spark that got the rest of the regions to quirk their eyebrow and decide enough is enough...if they can do it, so can we kinda thing.

Libya is just another firecracker on this line...egypt went easily (comparatively)...the issue will come when places like iran and eventually saudi arabia start going up, but none of this would truely be possible if indeed the intial spark wasn't lit...

The difference is, they lit their own spark. I hope the neo-con's are taking note...you can't force democracy on anyone...when they had enough, they will stand up themselves. Democracys (democratic republics, whatever) need only take note and support the process, not try to force it.

(neo-cons here are the ones that follow the PNAC followers whom want to force democracy all across the middle east by the gun to install american puppets..not the real conservatives...Chaney, not Paul)

One slight amendment to this may be unique places like North Korea (only one that truely comes to mind) where the flow of information is completely stopped and the public are kept as feudalist serfs more than people...but the rest of the world will sort out their own problems.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
How will Russia and China play this? Will they get involved or sit back and watch what happens?

Oh, and Russia...meh, I doubt they care much...perhaps somewhat helpful. China I highly doubt will help due to their unfair conditions. They try to play down discussions or mindsets involving revolution..I however see neither of them really engaging in the process so long as it doesn't effect their economy buildup...actually, China may see a more democratic middle east to be a better deal for their crappy knock off products...more freedom = more luxury items

I don't think Russia has anything to lose..they already fail at attaining favor from the dictators, they might do alright to help out democracy, then do business with them as the "alternative to the west, but without the crappyness of the far east"

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
William Hague Just said this...

www.bbc.co.uk...

"We are only in the early stages of what is happening in North Africa and the Middle East. It is already set to overtake the 2008 financial crisis and 9/11 as the most important development of the early 21st century, and is likely to bring some degree of political change in all countries in the Arab world."

Kinda sounds like he knows something, huh? We're only in the early stages? How will Russia and China play this? Will they get involved or sit back and watch what happens?

Much much more important than the common masses will ever realize. Humanity's freedom is at stake, and finally, the showdown is at hand, if stupid China and Russia pursues its delusion and continued hold to power and domination/slavery of its own masses.

new topics

top topics

join