It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Bacteria Turns Out to be Iron Deposits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It was a discovery that scientists proclaimed was the oldest evidence of life on our planet. But researchers who thought they had found 3.5 billion-year-old bacteria fossils in Australian rock have been left red-faced after U.S geologists debunked their findings. A team from the University of Kansas said the microscopic structures are nothing more than tiny gaps in the rock that are packed with lifeless minerals.

Source

So, as was thought Hoover's claims were completely unfounded. This explains why he had to resort to publishing in an online journal of ill repute despite having this hypothesis for years. So, despite all the people claiming Hoover was right and that NASA was lying, we get proof that he was wrong from independent researchers that aren't even in the field of astrobiology.

EDIT: I don't know why the link isn't working. The URL is formatted correctly, so something must be up with the site right now.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-22-2011 by Springer because: fixed source link

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You mean to tell me those iron deposits in my toilet are alien lifeforms. oh dear

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm just trying this one,

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's okay now. Take out the extraneous bits of info at each end of the URL.

On the subject there are other specimens that have been evaluated which are promising. I'll look for the links.

edit on 22-3-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is smear.

Read the Reply to the smear campaign here (link is down):

journalofcosmology.com/Life100.html

These are the facts as we know them. We believe the data is real. The implications profound.

We have to consider if a mountain-sized chunk of this planet was sheared from the surface and tossed into the abyss, only to land billions of years from now on another planet, that this chunk of expelled Earth would be peppered with the fossilized remains of various organisms. Hoover found fossils of microorganisms which had lived in the parent bodies which may have included planets older than Earth.

Check out this part:

We have been concerned that Richard Hoover might be forced to recant. He has not done so yet. However, it is also clear he has been under enormous pressure at NASA by powerful forces which wish him to disavow his findings.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Make sure you closed all other tags before the url, that will make a correctly formed one show up wrongly sometimes, just fyi.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice! Let's see what those people who were claiming that NASA was lying to us about this have to say to this.

top topics

join