It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. fighter jet crashes in rebel-held Libya: Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

U.S. fighter jet crashes in rebel-held Libya: Photos

A U.S. Air Force F-15E fighter jet crashed in Libya overnight after a mechanical failure but its crew was safe, a spokesman for the U.S. military Africa Command said on Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.calgaryherald.com...

"Libyan rebels rescued the pilot after he ejected from the warplane, which came down near the eastern city of Benghazi, Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its website. U.S. spokesman Vince Crawley declined to give the location of the crash and also would not say how the rescued crewman was picked up or where he was taken."

As much as a I hate to say it, but this being the place if anywhere to mention it, but this screams conspiracy.

Trillion dollars army's, don't normally have too many defects.

I am aware of the US stealth shot down over Bosnia in the 90's, via a commanders smart idea to use short-wave radios to detect the craft. [Later selling the technology to China]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If I was those guys I would not be standing there by the jet, you know the US wants either the jet back or the technology destroyed before it ends up in the wrong hands. Incoming.... Glad those guys made it out ok.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"Equipment Malfunction" eh?
That's what they always say when a plane or helicopter gets shot down.
I think I counted them saying that at least twenty times regarding helicopters in Iraq and Afghanistan.
At some point, when every aircraft in a war zone that goes down is said to be pilot error or equipment malfunction, you just have to realize you're being lied to. It's a war zone - planes get shot.

The point is to perpetuate the mythos of complete invulnerability.
edit on 22-3-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm glad the pilot is safe. It's just a plane, we can make more. All hail our celestial ministers of death liberating the Libyan people from oppression and tyranny. Let us bath in their oil fields and reap the rewards of our labor.

Amen.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
would they tell us if it had been shot down? not as easy to sell this to your public if they think your gonna have fighters droping out the sky and potentially pilot's M.I.A. this could well of been a fault. just wonder if there trying to make gaddafi look weaker than he is?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

It is important more than most others on this plane in particular.
There are no official reports of an F-15 ever being shot down, so it would be a blemish on it's record.
Here is a video testament to the strength of this particular jet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join