It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to strip Obama of Peace Prize.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
Everyone who hates Obama obviously hates black people. They just want another old white man telling them lies instead of a black man.

Are you kidding?

Black, White, Red, Yellow or Green....Does not play into this.

It doesn't take a color to lie.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
This years nominee's for the Peace Prize

Joseph Stalin: for his peace work in population control.
Bernie Madoff: for his lifelong work in economics.
Al Gore: because he believes he deserves another one
BP: for their environmental contribution
Nancy Pelosi: if Al gets another one, then I want one.

Classic!

You forgot:

Condaleeza Rice for her warmth and kindness.

RACIST! Can't a BLACK woman be "professional"
great replythough Jude11 ("pelosi")

edit on 23-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

His case is interesting. However, he supports Gadafi. And therefore, he's retarded. In ergo, he should not be talking from that glass house of his.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If there was a prize for empty promises and bogus statements he would surely win. However the Nobel is not for that. So I say take it back!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He did NOTHING to get such an honor. I didn't think he should have gotten the peace prize from the beginning. Now with the Libya fiasco everyone is again rethinking it? Too late.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
Everyone who hates Obama obviously hates black people. They just want another old white man telling them lies instead of a black man.

This is the most offensive thing that I have read on ATS to date. Your comment is racist and inflammatory. Try sticking to the issues and not bring the man's race into the discussion. His race has nothing to do with this war.
edit on 23-3-2011 by woghd because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
He never should have gotten it to begin with. He should not be stripped of it, if he's a man of honor he should just hand it back, although I'm sure people still in Gitmo (which he was supposed to shut down) would like to see him stripped of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The way i see it is, if they want the prize to actually mean anything, they would take it back. And think real hard about who to give it to next time, maybe, i don't know, someone who has actually accomplished something important for humanity (for example, anyone other then a politician, would be a good start
)

Otherwise, i feel this prize, at least in my own view, is irrelevant. Might as well give it to Darth Vader at this point.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So, from what I gather from most of the replies here, what it amounts to is Obama made people "feel good", right? He "inspired hope"? Really? Warm fuzzies? Seriously? My friggin' DOG does that, too.

Hell, the movie Rocky was inspiring as well, but it was an act, just like this empty suit presidential impostor. He got an award essentially because he made people feel warm and fuzzy. What have we come to? That is the most leftist notion I've ever heard. Take the award back and incinerate it so it doesn't pass any bad juju to the next winner.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

If he had handed it back on his own, i would have actually gained a lot of respect for the man. Imagine that, a mega-politician such as himself, humbling himself in such a way.
As it is, he is just like the rest of them in Washington (well 99.9% at least), self serving snakes.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

ITS sad whats going on if he woudnt of did nothing,then he would of been called every name in the book,they would of loved to call him a muslim lover,he cant win for losing.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by jude11

ITS sad whats going on if he woudnt of did nothing,then he would of been called every name in the book,they would of loved to call him a muslim lover,he cant win for losing.

Um, he *is* Muslim...

I've seen video where he is talking to Muslims and describing himself as a Muslim, but what does his religion have to Do with anything? Why do his supporters keep bringing up his race and religion? The issue is whether or not he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. In my view he does not, and the reasons have nothing to do with his race or religion.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Obama should have never received the Nobel Peace Prize. Period. He won the election on hopes and dreams of the lower and middle class and ever since he's done nothing but ruin the United States by lying to it's citizens and playing the blame game with other leaders around the world, then he's gone on to allow the national deficit to explode and nearly triple since he's been in power. The United States needs NEW leadership as soon as possible, one thats driven by their own personal convictions and the betterment of the people, not only of the US, but of humanity in general. Someone who is ready to put American citizens at the forefront of their minds and commit to them and allow other leaders around the world to focus on their people on their own without interference from the US. Someone who pays attention to people with opinions and people with true passion for this country and what it stands for TO AMERICANS and not what it means to OTHERS. Someone who will spend money correctly to benefit and protect the US instead of buy friends overseas who already hate us and will continue to hate us after the checks start to bounce.

American's need to educate themselves on what true leadership is and hold their leaders accountable for their actions. Not just in court either, because then they can turn around and spend their coveted millions happily after the dust settles. Instead, that same leadership should be held accountable for their actions outside of court...court is designed for civilians and when you take an oath to protect those civilians and uphold the laws that they are asked to follow...I feel you should loose the right for fair and just punishment if you willingly or knowingly go against that oath....such is the case.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by jude11

Well that catch 22 could have been averted if he had Leon order the CIA out of any and all non anti terrorist related activities in all Middle East, and through executive order removing energy price insurance trading from the N.Y. Mercantile Exchange when he first got into office, and nationalized energy, it's trade and banking.

The only thing that makes sense being traded on any commodities exchange is weather sensitive products. Have Lloyd's of London underwriters cover the risk. Lloyd's workout well for the whale oil biz during it's heyday. It and other insurance companies like it can cover oil, gas and crude deliveries. Their are enough would be inverters to cover the underwriting. But I bet energy producers would cover their own risk as they know how little there is involved.

But he refuses to shutdown the energy protection racket that has been created between the DoD, intel agencies AND energy producers and the central petrodollar banking system, the FED, that is mostly owned by them through being the biggest depositors in the 12 member banks that make up the Federal Reserve System. Making it illegal for energy producers or the FED to purchase T-Bills would be a start in the right direction, and encourage average people to buy government savings bods to help make up the short falls that would be created from such a law being enforced.

Power to the people, it's not hard to obtain, if the President really wanted to deliver power to the people instead of maintaining a power and control apparatus operated to hold the common people powerless perpetrated by big oil and their banking system.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i didn't understand back then why he got the nobel prize. I always thought the nobel prize was awarded to peace groups running all over the world helping people out or even charities with the most helped people count. Not to a
president with " would like to" talks of disarming the world of nuclear arsenal.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would like to posthumously reward peace prizes to the following recipients:

Ghengis Khan, for uniting the warring tribes of ancient China
Gaius Julius Caesar: For his leadership in the Roman Empire
Adolph Hitler: For his tireless assistance to the German people, correcting their economy, and for his promotion of a United Europe.
Frederik Willem de Klerk: For his vanguard work attempting to gain more rights and priveleges on behalf of minorities in South Africa.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This may be a double post but don't care! First off, I am not a supporter of Obama or 4 out of the 5 last presidents but the thing is, Obama never asked for the nobel nor do I think he expected recieving the nobel. He said himself that he was not worthy! How can you bash him for recieving something he never asked for? What, should've he turned it down? Then people wanted to criticize him for not doing anything about Libya at first, but then when he does step up and do something about it, he gets hammered again! I believe it really don't matter what the man does, he will be slammed either way. I don't think anyone has a reason to bash him over Libya until we find out exactly what his plan is there and how long we are there! Who knows, maybe he has a short term plan or a long term plan but doesn't want to release details on the mission due to element of suprise against Gaddafi! I don't know about you all but I heard him say Gaddafi has to go, so obviously that is what he expects from the nation he turns the power over to. As of right now though, we don't know how long we will be there. It could be another week or another decade. If Obama deserves the Peace Prize to be revoked, then Bush and Chaney deserve to be prosecuted. I am an American Soldier and no matter how much I dislike any president, I will always stand behind him (even when he is wrong) because he is the leader of my nation and my family's nation! Any American Patriot would do the same, because we as Americans need to have each others backs and I would expect that any civilian would feel the same about their nation! Go ahead and bash this post, I don't care. I will still defend any American person despite political views

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Write the Nobel Peace Prize. They're on the net. Tell them their prize has become a joke. Tell them to redeem themselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

For what its worth Barry O has said it is his and he's keeping it...

Obama is keeping his peace prize

President Obama defended his Nobel Peace Prize on Tuesday, saying that Americans “don’t see any contradiction” in him ordering an attack on Libya to make sure “people aren’t butchered because of a dictator who wants to cling to power.” “When I received that award, I specifically said there was an irony because I was already dealing with two wars,” Obama said in an interview with CNN from El Salvador. “So I am accustomed to this contradiction of being both a commander-in-chief but also someone who aspires to peace.”

I dunno - I'll admit I've not read all 6 pages of this thread - but it sounds like lots of you guys do see a contradiction.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Frogs because: I can't count how many pages are in a thread

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by uscitizen859

Ok, Devil's Advocate here.

Suppose the award was all a ploy by TPTB to instill confidence in the new POTUS? People around the World saying, "He Must Be a Great Man!" He won the award after all.

And then he goes on Global TV denying his worth and that he will give the 1.4 million award to those in need. Great movie plot huh?

What if it was all a plan?

Yeah, I know. Crazy right?

Perfect timing though.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join