It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to strip Obama of Peace Prize.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I emailed the Nobel Committee. I agree that this man is fully undeserving of this prize and asked them if they aren't writhing in shame for having given this war-monger a peace prize.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I emailed the Nobel Committee. I agree that this man is fully undeserving of this prize and asked them if they aren't writhing in shame for having given this war-monger a peace prize.

And if you receive a letter back...you WILL share it here. Do you hear me?

lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh, I surely will. [smile]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If anyone's to blame it's the norwegians and swedes for not taking the matter seriously and selling out the peace prize.

This is Nobel's will:

En del åt den som har verkat mest eller best för folkens förbrödrande och afskaffande eller minskning af stående armeer samt bildande och spridande af fredskongresser.

Giving it to the norwegians was a bad idea..

edit on 22-3-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I still dont know why they awarded the prize to him to begin with? What was it for, best empty suit?

I can't think of the trade term when an advertiser comes out with ads that pat you on the back AFTER everyone's bought it, but there is an action they take to do it, to make you feel like you made the right choice. Same thing here. I'll try to think of the term.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is all a joke, the nobel is now as crooked as a lightning bolt, (actually has been for a while) But then give it to a guy like Obama? Sheeesh! (
) He should have had it taken away when he sent more troops to die. In fact he never should have gotten the dang thing to begin with. The whole thing is just for show, for ratings, he should be stripped of this prize, and his title as president for all the B.S.
especially with what is going on in Libya right now...
edit on 22/3/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Even Arafat received one and I'm still waiting for it to be returned.

As for Obama, I can not think for the life of me why he received one......and he did nothing to earn it

The Nobel Peace Prize has lost it's intigrity now

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I haven't read all the posts, but when Obama was awarded the NPP, I was totally stunned.
I asked miy friend what he did to receive the prize, and he wasn't able to answer the question.

I told him that there are people that dedicate their entire lives to a technology or research and might qualify for the NPP if they are lucky.

I never understood how obama was awarded such a major prize, then I just chopped it up as propaganda.
so sad when politics invade science and higher learning.
one less vote for the US...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Why not? He didn't deserve the peace prize in the first place and he dosen't deserve it now. How often do you hear of Nobel Peace Prize winners launching air strikes? Well, it may soon become common place.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I know I'VE never launched an attack. Have any of you? Why doesn't every person who hasn't crafted war receive one of these awards? They are absolutely pointless...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So many other people deserve the prize for actually bettering the communities and the people that inhabit them, I could give you a 10 page list of who deserved them more than Barrack "The Bomb" Obama.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with these people! Don't they know War is peace? Slavery is freedom? Haven't they read 1984? Doublespeak BEOTCHES! The Nobel Peace prize is now the Nobel War prize, but we call it peace to confuse the Proles! Any more complaining and someone will be going to the Ministry of Love! Room #101.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Arafat, the only man in history to have permanent 4 days growth of beard!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The truly Peaceful don't get recognised . Im going to slaughter his name and he is deceased but does anyone remember Prapbupadah? I know I raped that,but he spoke true peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Playing the Devils advocate.
Let me first say I do not believe in war.
For whatever reason the UN decided to attack Libiya we must remember the holocaust and the inaction of many Nations doing nothing. Gadaffi had stated he would show no mercy. I have seen multiple videos of the cleansing Gaddaffi has done of his own people. If you think its ok to do nothing in the face of this sit behind the safety of your computer and go play another instance of world of warcraft and leave the safety of your fellow man to those who would defend it you keyboard generals.

Okay well there's close to a hundred of other countries and states in the world where such atrocities by leaders are common place.

I can give Obama a big list of places to invade. But he won't. And there's a good reason he won't... Because this is not some sort of Democracy-loving humanitarian mission! This intervention has been undertaken to secure oil and control of Libya. Effectively we're killing Libyan Democracy, not supporting it.

Why don't you go read a book. You pretend left wing Obamadrones would get beaten in any other country for spewing such vulgar propoganda.

The people of Iraq were pretty happy when you took out Saddam. Ask them what they think of your intervention now, a few years down the line. It's a charade and everybody but you can see it.

Sir you either have selective reading skills or you did not read my full post I clearly state that oil is one of the variables. My point being is that to stand by when one has the power to intervene is as bad as those who have done so during the holocaust. One cannot do this on every occasion because for some protection of human life does not matter.

However by playing the humanity card and the oil card you can get more support for action.
Perhaps you should pick up a book called the art of war. There is an easily digestible English translated audio book available net wide.By playing the humanist card and the oil card they have the support to intervene and prevent the massacre of a city which most people on this thread are conveniently forgetting. Gaddafi stated he would show no mercy to this city. Is it better that the city was massacred to protect a countries sovereignty which is just a human construct? What is more important here.

Personally my view is that the protection of human life takes precedence even if a lucrative oil contract is the motivation for some of the interests. Freedom is the right of the human soul and those who would imprison or destroy its potential do not deserve my respect.

Whos human lifes have been protected? The nations involved are destroying the human soul. They're actively preventing the Libyan rebels from taking control of their own government. There will be no freedom when this is over, only pawn government working in the interests of the West. Like any number of pawn dictators working in the interest of the West that have been installed throughout the region.

You accept this is about oil for the government, but your mistake is thinking that anything good for the Libyan people will come from this.

Time will prove you to be a fool.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Why don't we intervene in Bahrain. Why didn't we intervene in Egypt. What about any number of African countries that have seen genocide?

It's quite peculiar that your government can only be arsed to tow the line of Democracy and human rights when there's natural resources and control of pipe lines involved.

1. Its not my government. I do not live in America/France/Libya all titles of human mental constructs I do live on planet Earth which is my home.
2. I agree we should be intervening. You have to understand governments and army's are corporations military industrial complexes. The will not intervene unless it suits the PR and the profit. Lets be clear we the people no longer control their countries military. This is an illusion.
3.Gaining peace cannot always be done by eloquent words Ie. Casey and the Bully body slam.
4.Keeping this on topic somtimes you need the help of your fellow humans when being stomped on. I do not think he should lose his nobel peace prize over this.

Then if that's the position, these countries should live up to the standards they're sitting. That they don't, that makes them groce hypocrites. You can sit here and pretend they're bringing about Democracy and Freedom, unfortunately every country helped by the West knows differently. The honeymoon period will soon be over.

And I agree gaining Democracy and freedom cannot be achieved with just eloquent words, even Ghandi recognised that, which is why I support the Libyan rebels.

Obama shouldn't have had the nobel "peace" prize in the first place, because he's a Capitalist war mongrel who's continued the fascist ways of Bush. But most sane people don't care about the Nobel Peace Prize, after all Henry Kissinger once received it.

It would however bring me great joy to see Obama and the American agenda humiliated infront of the global humanity in the way of having the peace prize revoked. It's probably the only action that could even begin to bring back credibility to the prize.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

yeah, i was flabbergasted to see him get the thing in the first place. He didn't do anything to promote world peace at all, let alone more than anyone else in the world at the time. Just the mere fact that he got it tells me that they probably won't take it away. This guy is a farce, a liar, a...wait for it...POLITICIAN. Seriously though, he'll probably be hailed as the savior of the Libyan people. Obama does the same crap as Bush, he just gets awards for it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

nice reply, though seeing the nation humiliated in this case also means American soldiers being put in harm's way, so I have do disagree with you there. The post to which you replied brings up a good point in that they referenced the casey and the bully video. Everybody assumes that they know the whole story there, but isn't it probable that the fat kid did something to get punched in the face in the first place? Now we all hail him as this great hero because of an act of violence. The true hero would have taken the abuse and walked away, but he lowered himself to the other boy's level, and still is the "good guy." It's the same for Obama. Bush starts illegal, unconstitutional wars, he is a war criminal. Obama starts illegal, unconstitutional war shrouded in far more secrecy than Bush's, and he is the peace giving savior figure. America cannot just dole out peace and stability with bombs and missiles. Casey didn't solve any problems that existed between the skinny "bully" and himself, he just ended a temporary conflict, increasing the odds that another, more severe one happens in the future. What if another tape came out showing the boys right before skinny bully takes the first swing. what if it showed big fat casey calling the other kids mom some racial slur based on skinny kid's skin color? just the tiniest amount of perspective can completely alter what we think we know. but in the mean time it' fun to watch the big fat white kid body slam the skinny little brown "bully."

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
War is Peace.

Oh yes, he earned the prize..because to the elite, it means something completely different.

Another blaring example of cognitive dissonance.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join