It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sky Anomaly For Aircraft To Follow & Spray Chemtrails?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

You know what...................... I Agree 100%.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.atoptics.co.uk...

The explanation from the above website does seem possible for this "line". I dont know my clouds i will admit that but i didnt know that there was clouds that we actually cant see (that sounds like the conspriacy here haha
) . Cause there is none visible on that pic above or my day of viewing this "line" but if its true about these clouds being the answer then so be it i suppose.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kelmi
reply to post by weedwhacker

O.K well this kinda looks alot what i saw, Thanks

www.atoptics.co.uk...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Kelmi because: (no reason given)

The contrail crossed the sun and its needle-like shadow extrended well across the sky towards the antisolar point. The shadow was cast onto a smooth layer of cirrostratus cloud beneath the aircraft. November 2nd 2002, sun 20° high. Photo ©2002 Les Cowley

looks like it's a natural phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yeah ive been looking into this more today and have came to the conclusion that its sadly just a shadow and no cover up here for the "black line" but still not 100% if am honest.

Although the chemtrails discussion will continue

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

I've always rolled my eyes when I see talk of a "black contrail". It helps me separate "chemtrail" sites that look at least a bit credible. The way I've always explained it was by thinking about what it cannot be. You just can't project a black line into a sunlit atmosphere. You can only block light, creating a shadow.
To project a black line, you would need something to actually remove light, and the only thing in the known universe I can think of that is able to "suck" light is a black hole. It would take an incredibly small and agreeable black hole, and someone who is able to control it on and off at will. That would be a really big conspiracy. But the chances that this is what is happening.....not so good.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Yeah looking back now i feel abit silly about what i thought it could have been. But hey thats what websites like this are for i suppose so the information is now out there for any1 else who thought like myself

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

Hi Drustew

I live near Manchester in the UK and I and a group of friends witnessed a similar thing back in July of 2006.

It was such an unusual sight that I pointed to it and said to the group of people with me "look at that" and about 20 of us looked at it.

What we saw was a Jet flying very high. It was a very clear bright sky about 9:30 in the morning. We could hardly see the jet because it was so high but the 'Cloud trail' it was leaving behind it was spreading out very wide and was first thing we noticed. The jet itself was much harder to see, which gives you an idea of the height I am talking about.

This in itself is not unusual, I'm sure everyone has seen this sort of thing many times. What was unusual and caused me to draw everyone attention to this jet leaving a trail, was a Black line ahead of the plane which went in a perfectly straight line from the nose of the jet and off into the distance as far as the eye could see. this would be many many miles.

People were saying... wow what is that? I said at the time that it looked to me like some sort of laser which I assumed was being projected from the jet. Some of those present said it might be some form of new military technology that was not yet widely known. None of us had seen anything like it before.

I don't know what it was. But I do know what it was not. And I can tell you it was NOT a shadow. Of all the suggestions and ideas put forward not one person who saw it said that it could be a shadow of the 'Cloud trail'.

As I said the line from the nose of the jet was PERFECTLY STRAIGHT for as far as the eye could see, and also maintained a uniform 'Thickness' along it's entire length, which is why I thought of a Laser.

However the cloud trail was not only getting wider, it was also drifting towards us... meaning that the cloud trail was NOT any where near straight and not of a uniform 'thickness'.

I notice Drustew that you described it as the plane following the 'Line', while I felt that the Jet was projecting the 'Line'. Your account is so similar to what We saw that it could have been the same thing.

Thank you for posting this. I very rarely post on ATS but I read most threads that interest me just about every day as I have for the last... well several years and I have never come across any mention of anything similar to what I and several others witnessed back in 2006... until now

Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MickC

Fascinating story.

But, since there is no such thing as a "black laser beam" then you can immediately toss that concept out the window. (It would also be informative to study and research lasers in general. The "beam" of a laser is generally NOT visible, unless it is being projected through some medium...some sort of particulates suspended in the air, for example, to make it visible).

And, in any event....airplanes do NOT "follow" lines in the sky. A bit of aviation and aeronautical knowledge would come in handy, too. (Sadly, that is completely lacking amongst the myriad of "chem"-trail websites online....they are rife with absolute nonsense that seems "plausible", I suppose, to the layperson. That's how "snake-oil" salesmen ply their wares, too.... of course).

Your "black line" could have been nothing else but a shadow....your description makes that clear. Where the confusion arises is a matter of perspective. The shadow did not represent the entire length of the contrail....as you pointed out, the portion of the trail first formed, and well behind the airplane was spreading, as contrails will do. You were seeing the "newer", "sharper" part just being made, as it continued to project a shadow.....the shadow was "following" the airplane, not the other way 'round....

Perspective of being on the ground, viewing at just the right angle, gave an illusion of a longer shadow....what was the time of day, and Sun angle? Consider that....it's important, too.

Remember how shadows work....they can be MUCH longer than the object that is casting it (Earth-bound examples):

Those, cast against the ground, and seen from about the same level...compared to being cast against the expanse of the SKY!

And, of course, you know of the other illusion, with contrails? Seen at the right angle, they appear to be vertical..."As if" they are rising from the Earth's surface,upward. When, in fact, they are not.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MickC

Hey there good sir, thank you for your story about what u seen on that day. I have spent most of the day researching about this topic of 'black line' vs. Shadow argument and am siding with the shadow way of thinking due to various post I have seen here and relevant google searchs I have conducted. Now am not sold 100 percent on the shadow but it makes the most sense. There is no doubt about chemtrails in general however and I find it hard why some people will just outright laugh at the idea even with certain pics and vids that clearly show something odd in the skys. But again thank you for ur input

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hi weedwhacker

First of all I would say that anyone who would “immediately toss out” any concept is a fool.

You should not dissmiss things simply because you don't understand them.

By the way, I never mentioned a "black laser beam" … you did.

in fact most of your reply does not address anything I actually wrote... but that obviously did not stop you from spouting off your opinions about your pet theories.

I said : What was unusual and caused me to draw everyone attention to this jet leaving a trail, was a Black line ahead of the plane which went in a perfectly straight line from the nose of the jet and off into the distance as far as the eye could see. this would be many many miles.

To borrow a phrase of yours "rife with absolute nonsense" just about sums up your pathetic reply to my post.

If you want to debate some of the things I actually wrote then please refer to something I wrote and not what you think I wrote.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

Don't worry about people laughing at you or your opinions my friend.
As I said I don't post very often but when I do I write the truth. If some people have a problem with that it is fine with me.

ATS is a great place to find out other peoples views and opinions. I like to see what everyone thinks even if I don't agree with it, I want to hear it.

I have read all the reply s to your post and all the opinions. My position and my opinion on this issue is that, what I and the people with me at the time saw was not shadow

As I said I do not know what it was, but I have seen the arguments for this possibly being a shadow and the references for those opinions.

If I thought that this could be a possible explanation for what I saw then I would say so.

What I am saying is that the shadow explanation can not explain what I saw, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MickC

That's fair play my friend. I believe what your saying about it not being a shadow, maybe ur viewing could be in relation to something completely different and the fact 'chemtrails' were involved was just a bouns. The way I've seen how some people react to chemtrails is kinda like some people with UFO's. We say I just seen a UFO and they reply its a plane, u then say but u weren't there and. they say its plane, u then show them that no planes were registered to be in that area and they finally reply with 'its a plane'. Its just how some people act that's all. I go with but what if it wasn't cause look at the situation and then its laughed at ignored. I know we have to prove things on websites like this but sometimes all the prove in the world still can't change peoples minds.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

Very true.

However I am always open to the views of others and I have changed my mind on occasions where different points of view indicated other possibilities.

That is not the case with the 'Shadow' theory here though.

While this theory has a great deal of merit in some cases, it does not stand up to scrutiny in the occurrence that I witnessed, for the following reasons:

The jet I mentioned was flying due North (towards Dundee by happy coincidence). As I stated, the month was July and the time was 9:30 in the morning. So if you were to stand facing North at this time in the morning the sun would be quite high on your right side. The jet was to the west or high on my left side and travelling from the South to towards the North.

Now if we look at those pictures of shadows that Weedwhacker kindly posted links to (not sure why... I mean I've seen shadows before!?) we notice that the sun casts shadows in the opposite direction. Surprise surprise!

So when the Sun is on the right of an object the shadow will be on the Left or to put it another way, if the Sun is to the east of an object the shadow will be to the west. But as I said the 'Black line' went from the nose of the plane towards the North (This could not happen unless the sun was to the South, which would be around 12:00 Noon around here and The jet was long gone by then).

Just wondering... which way does your window seat face and can you remember the time and date and which direction the plane was flying?

Regards
MickC

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickC
reply to post by Drustew

That is not the case with the 'Shadow' theory here though.

While this theory has a great deal of merit in some cases, it does not stand up to scrutiny in the occurrence that I witnessed, for the following reasons:

The jet I mentioned was flying due North (towards Dundee by happy coincidence). As I stated, the month was July and the time was 9:30 in the morning. So if you were to stand facing North at this time in the morning the sun would be quite high on your right side. The jet was to the west or high on my left side and travelling from the South to towards the North.

Now if we look at those pictures of shadows that Weedwhacker kindly posted links to (not sure why... I mean I've seen shadows before!?) we notice that the sun casts shadows in the opposite direction. Surprise surprise!

So when the Sun is on the right of an object the shadow will be on the Left or to put it another way, if the Sun is to the east of an object the shadow will be to the west. But as I said the 'Black line' went from the nose of the plane towards the North (This could not happen unless the sun was to the South, which would be around 12:00 Noon around here and The jet was long gone by then).

Given that you were a long distance from the plane the shadow could easily appear to be coming from the nose if it was being cast close to the aircraft in question.

and since the sun is southwards of the UK (even if to the "east" or "west") the shadow would invariably extend north of the aircraft.

Also remember that the aircraft is high in the sky - so for it the sun is in a different position than where it is for you - I won't pretend to know exactly what that position woudl be on the day in question - possibly there is a Google Earth tool or simlar that can show you - nor do I know what effect that might have on the shadow.

But it means things are not necessarily as might appear "obvious" at ground level.

Without some good photos it is obviously not possible to explain it adequately for you, however teh short section on Edge Shadows at contrail science explains how they can appear to proceed in front of the aircraft, and shows an example.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MickC

Thank You for further details on your viewing. It really does sound like you witness something that cannot be simple explained as a 'shadow'. My view from my window will be due north but the plane would have been heading due east. It was last thursday and it would have been around 1pm so I would imagine the sun would have been directly behind the plane and contrail so that's how in my viewing can more than likely be written down to a shadow. Just gotta keep a look out for this again cause they are always spraying and the sun is always there, well maybe not much it is scotland after so I should see this again if the shadow theory is correct and next time I'll think about other factors at that time and hopefully have something that can't be claimed to be shadow we shall see.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I had also seen this same situation here in the U.S. recently. You're not alone.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Hi Aloysius the Gaul

Thanks for the links, some interesting photographs there. (I found the space shuttle one particularly interesting and thought provoking)

As far as the occurrence I witnessed though, I would have to agree with your statement :

"Without some good photos it is obviously not possible to explain it adequately for you"

That about sums it up for me too. Thank you for your input.

Regards
MickC

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I can assure you that Chem-Trails exist. They are needed to assist with creating the correct atmosphere for HAARP-related Project Blue Beam testing. Don't believe me? Go here and scroll through all the posts from April through May. There is one on Fukushima, Chem-Trails, and HAARP "black ops" (illegal) Tectonic Weaponry testing. This is real. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We need to wake up. And fast.

thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Andelise

UTTER rubbish!!

I can assure you that Chem-Trails exist. They are needed to assist with creating the correct atmosphere for HAARP-related Project Blue Beam testing.

What a load of BS.

Those blogs you linked? Insane ramblings from know-nothing nobodies....wouldn't know real science if it bit them in the butt......

There is no such thing as "Blue Beam" (except in the fertile imaginations of those crackpots who write about it).

The sorts who believe this nonsense have been so immersed in fantasy, from popular Hollywood sources, that they can no longer discern reality from hype and schlock....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Your entire attitude is dismissive and condescending. Maybe you are a close-minded autocrat, but perhaps other readers here are at least open to actual documentation and evidence. For example, have you seen documentation from the Army Research Laboratory on Holographic Projection, and the ideal environment that is created when mixing Chem-Trails with Nuclear Fallout? If not, go here:

To simply say all of this is "bull#" is very short-sighted of you. How about the following documentation regarding the activity at HAARP days prior, and just through, the Japan earthquake? Interesting how the entire HAARP web-site was taken down once this got out - without explanation. Video here:

Forums are to encourage debate and the sharing of various perspectives and ideas. You seem to be a bit of an autocrat - Gosh, now that I think of it:You are just the sort of person that NWO would like. - Ande

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join