It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betelgeuse going supernova?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
For those of you who smell a rat with this story, it's a cover up of what they are predicting to appear in our skies in the near future. To even mention that star going super nova now makes little to no sense if it can blow up from now to 1 billion yrs from now, absolutely absurd to even mention it now.
I really don't want to jump on the Nibiru bandwagon like the fanatics, but time after time NASA and the science community seem to validate this planet X BS with hokie stories like this. That star is in Orion, and so far away from us, to suggest it will appear to be a 2nd sun in OUR skies is ridiculous beyond comparison to any other anomaly we've seen in the night skies. If that star grew to the size they suggest it will during it's final days, it should appear no brighter than Jupiter does to us at it's brightest, period.

Now go drink some of Michu Kaku's kool aid and take a nap on it.

The moment I read this story I thought to myself that this could very well be a cover up story for something that will appear as a second sun in our sky. I hesitate to jump on the Nibiru bandwagon, but everyday I lean a little more toward believing it may very well be real.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
For those of you who smell a rat with this story, it's a cover up of what they are predicting to appear in our skies in the near future. To even mention that star going super nova now makes little to no sense if it can blow up from now to 1 billion yrs from now, absolutely absurd to even mention it now.
I really don't want to jump on the Nibiru bandwagon like the fanatics, but time after time NASA and the science community seem to validate this planet X BS with hokie stories like this. That star is in Orion, and so far away from us, to suggest it will appear to be a 2nd sun in OUR skies is ridiculous beyond comparison to any other anomaly we've seen in the night skies. If that star grew to the size they suggest it will during it's final days, it should appear no brighter than Jupiter does to us at it's brightest, period.

Now go drink some of Michu Kaku's kool aid and take a nap on it.

ELEnin is currently in the view of the constellation Leo.
ELEnin's path of trajectory is calculated to travel through the view of the Orion system.
When we see "2 suns" will we be seeing Betelgeuse or ELEnin?
We will know come September-November 2011.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Uh...I'm pretty sure that Elenin would not be bright enough to be viewed as a second sun unless it came burning through our atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well I watched a video about that object they say is coming our way, a dwarf star, and that when it nears Orion, just when it can be seen, poof they will claim betelgeuse, such an unsusual name and remind me of Beetlejuice the movie, will go supernova.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Ahh, can always count on someone to turn every single thing into a damn conspiracy.

Scientists predict our sun will explode billions of years from now. Is that a coverup conspiracy too? Maybe our sun IS Nibiru? ZOMG.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My point is, if "Beetlejuice" goes supernova, its probably a cover for something else.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was checking it out last night and Betelgeuse seemed redder.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Is this going to happen because of HAARP?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

ELEnin is currently in the view of the constellation Leo.
ELEnin's path of trajectory is calculated to travel through the view of the Orion system.
When we see "2 suns" will we be seeing Betelgeuse or ELEnin?
We will know come September-November 2011.

I was about to reflexively reply to your post with "rubbish," but naturally I had to check the ephemeris first. In later October, C2010 X1 reaches about 6 hours of right ascension, with a declination of -5, putting it in the constellation of Orion. I doubt that either the comet or the star will explode, however.
Ephemeris

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

why do you think its a cover for something else, why can't the star just go supernova, why does it always have to be a cover up or a conspiracy

like # bro loosen up

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
My point is, if "Beetlejuice" goes supernova, its probably a cover for something else.

Elenin won't get closer than about 17° to Betelgeuse, and that's not until June of 2012. It will be very easy to tell the two apart.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

The cover? Its been released somewhat that Betelgeuse will go and create a star explosion that will be size of SOL or sun. So if somehow a Star as big as sun/SOL (second) sun is seen. Some believe its fed to the public that what is believed to be Betelgeuse going sn is actually Flagship/NIBIRU.
THE cover!!!

edit on 3/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
• ELEnin was at an alignment with the earth and sun during the earthquakes and solar flares (SOHO) of Chile Feb. 27, New Zealand Sep. 4, and Japan Mar. 11... coincidence? Check JPL and SOHO.

• ELEnin's location is blacked-out on Google sky... coincidence?

• No person has talked to Leonid ELEnin, is he even a real person?

• Coded Name? (Leonid = Meteor in the area of Leo) (ELE = Extintion Level Event) (nin = NIN gene found in humans).... Meteor Extinction Level Event to Humans

• FEMA purchased 140 million MREs with a 36-month shelf life the next month after ELEnin was discovered.

• Deep Impact (movie) Comet discovered by LEO Beiderman, named ELE, during the administration of a black U.S. president. Real life comet discovered by LEOnid ELEnin, named ELEnin, during Obama's administration.

• ELEnin's next alignments and closest proximity to our Sun and Earth will be in September-October... Dr. Calleman calculated Mayan end times for October 28, 2011.

• ELEnin is predicted to be seen as a second sun in the Orion area during it's flight path, perfect Betelgeuse cover story.

I have NEVER been a follow or believer of Nibiru or Planet X. However, all of these "coincidences" regarding ELEnin are worrying the crap out of me. I hope, pray, and wish ELEnin is no big deal.
Say I'm crazy, toss insults, rebutt me, that's no problem. I WANT TO BE WRONG!!!

edit on 3/29/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Unity_99

Elenin won't get closer than about 17° to Betelgeuse, and that's not until June of 2012. It will be very easy to tell the two apart.

Easy to differentiate by astronomers and sky watchers. However, I think it's safe to say that the majority of average people couldn't determine this on their own. The majority of people I know could not even name and point out more than one or two constellation systems, let alone a seventeen degree variation to differentiate two lone stars/objects.

You can't fool everyone all the time, but it's best to fool as many as you can.
Betelgeuse is the perfect cover for the lay-person.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
You can't fool everyone all the time, but it's best to fool as many as you can.
Betelgeuse is the perfect cover for the lay-person.

What are you going to do about all of us amateur astronomers who would know if it's Betelgeuse or not? That's a whole lot of killing you're going to have to do in very, very rapid fashion. I think more than a few people would notice.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I'll be looking to amateurs to either confirm or rebuke the NASA story. So if/when we have two suns I will pay close attention to what non-officials say. I think seeing Betelgeuse in our sky would be awesome, but I still have ELEnin in my mind. Time and amateur sky watchers will tell....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

• ELEnin was at an alignment with the earth and sun during the earthquakes and solar flares (SOHO) of Chile Feb. 27, New Zealand Sep. 4, and Japan Mar. 11... coincidence? Check JPL and SOHO.

Yes, but newly discovered comet Jarnac was aligned for the 6.9 magnitude earthquake at Libertador O'higgins, Chile:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c37bd7027268.jpg[/atsimg]
JPL Small Body Database
USGS

So, either Jarnac is the real Nibiru, or it's all just coincidence.

• ELEnin's location is blacked-out on Google sky... coincidence?

No. Google Sky does not have real time imagery. You wouldn't be able to see it in the first place.

• No person has talked to Leonid ELEnin, is he even a real person?

Let me get this straight: you believe in the possibility of a phantom planet disguised as a comet causing earthquakes, but you scoff at the idea of a scientist named Leonid Yelenin. Here:

21.09.2010 11:22:00 НТА Приволжье SMI10B/ntapri_20100921_33F6537D/fq79Xf5FHx1W+4it4BZQwg==
Юпитер в ночь на 22 сентября приблизится к Земле на самое близкое за 10 лет расстояние
Самая большая планета Солнечной системы - Юпитер - в ночь на среду по московскому времени приблизится к Земле на самое близкое за десятилетие расстояние и на какое-то время станет одной из самых ярких звезд на небосводе, сообщил РИА Новости астроном, сотрудник Института прикладной математики имени Келдыша Леонид Еленин.

Digester.ru[/url

Forgive please the google translation:

21/09/2010 11:22:00 NTA Privolzhe SMI10B/ntapri_20100921_33F6537D/fq79Xf5FHx1W +4 it4BZQwg ==
Jupiter on the night of Sept. 22 approaches the Earth at the closest distance in 10 years
The largest planet in the solar system - Jupiter - on Wednesday night, Moscow time near to Earth at the closest distance for a decade and at a time will be one of the brightest stars in the sky, told RIA Novosti astronomer at the Institute of Applied Mathematics Keldysh Leonid Yelenin.]

[url=http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=%22+%D0%9B%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B4+%D0%95%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BD%22#q=%22+%D0%9B%D0%B5%D 0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B4+%D0%95%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BD%22&hl=en&safe=off&pws=0&prmd=ivns&ei=TYKTTcSeIoOCtgeHkYBg&start=20&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r _pw.&fp=a445e974b90b3339]More here.

• Coded Name? (Leonid = Meteor in the area of Leo) (ELE = Extintion Level Event) (nin = NIN gene found in humans).... Meteor Extinction Level Event to Humans

Leonid, as in Leonid Brezhnev. Yelenin, as in Еленин.

• FEMA purchased 140 million MREs with a 36-month shelf life the next month after ELEnin was discovered.

Hmm, I guess the batch they bought three years ago must have expired.

• Deep Impact (movie) Comet discovered by LEO Beiderman, named ELE, during the administration of a black U.S. president. Real life comet discovered by LEOnid ELEnin, named ELEnin, during Obama's administration.

You do realize that movies are just make believe, don't you?

• ELEnin's next alignments and closest proximity to our Sun and Earth will be in September-October... Dr. Calleman calculated Mayan end times for October 28, 2011.

Any three bodies in space have alignments of one sort or another at all times. If Dr. Calleman is right, we'll all have to tear a few pages out of our Great Count Page a Day desk calendar.

• ELEnin is predicted to be seen as a second sun in the Orion area during it's flight path, perfect Betelgeuse cover story.

I think you just made that one up.

I have NEVER been a follow or believer of Nibiru or Planet X. However, all of these "coincidences" regarding ELEnin are worrying the crap out of me. I hope, pray, and wish ELEnin is no big deal.
Say I'm crazy, toss insults, rebutt me, that's no problem. I WANT TO BE WRONG!!!

Relax... you're wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join