It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Underwater Anomalies: Florida, Cuba, Japan!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

What does this have to do with the topic?

Let's not get political here.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
With due respect global warming is not a political issue just because a prominint politician stuck his neck out and is currently getting his eyes Gore`d out because of recent weird weather trend,if thats what it is or a indicator of other changes in climate not associated with the global warming model,hence sunken civilized locations ,when there was no cars,etc to contribute co2?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
only one way to find out. suit up men.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Someone said earlier that these are the results of trawler shipping nets and if that was the case, there would be no order to the lines and would appear as indiscriminate lines, hashes and random crosses. These lines appear to have manufactured / engineered junctions and cul-de-sacs.

These also cannot be a natural phenomenon as there are NO straight lines in nature.

Some bang tidy pictures there squire, plenty of food for thought.

x

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Very very interesting, S&F for you

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Good thread. I don't know if this was mentioned before but sea levels were anywhere from 100 meters to 120 meters lower during the last ice ages about 12,000 and possibly 21,000 years ago. 120 meters lower would mean the sea level was about 400 feet lower than today. Many of these underwater structures and underwater pyramids (I don't know if you talked about that here.) are not that deep. I remember seeing one underwater pyramid in some murky water on a video. It looked like it had been preserved in pristine condition but you could only see the top of it. They did manage to go inside and see an inner chamber. This was in the Caribbean.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have to throw this in.

Giants Causeway.

Some things that look unnatural really are natural.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Here's an interesting image which shows what seems to be a sculpted 'face' like the one on Mars, off the Cuban coast! Far fetched but intriguing all the same. The 'believers' needless to say, would contend that there always was a connection!

Off the Cuban coast

Here's the face zoomed in....

Courtesy: mikesingh

edit on 23-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Reminds me of that movie Water World. So let's say a civilization created this.......what happened, with its current location beneath the water?!?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
excellent thread, there are so many places in our oceans yet to be discovered. i cant wait to hear about what they find near the cuban shores.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Courtesy: mikesingh

they look similar, nice pointing out!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kove400
There is one explanation that I can give you. If you believe the Scriptures(Bible) after the time of the flood there was a period of so many years(maybe 500 years or more) where the people had to repopulate the world and lived near coastal areas like we do now. I don't know any exact dates but after the time of the Tower of Babel when the languages were confounded and people were scattered around the world the water levels of the Earth were much lower. Possibly 1000 feet, and this is where the story of Atlantis may have come from, a city that was near a coastal area, then after time the water levels rose because the Ice caps were receeded quickly and they had to abandon. If you want a creationist's point of view with more information look up Kent Hovind - The Hovind Theory on Youtube or download your own dvd from www.arrivalofthefittest.com...

Its a nice explanation I have never heard from school, cause all we are taught is evolution, Big Bang, meteor etc.
Hope this helps!

Why bring the bible into this. During the last Ice age the oceans were much lower so quite clearly land that is currently submerged would have been habitable. Given that man tends to congregate near river esturies for access, food etc it seems blindingly obvious that past civilizations (if they existed) were submerged after the ice melted and sea levels rose.

Plain old ordinary science of man, no need for god. The problem with science is entrenched views that during the last ice man was a hunter gatherer and there were no centres of civilisation. I don't believe that for one minute because even hunter gatherer tribes congregate!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kove400
There is one explanation that I can give you. If you believe the Scriptures(Bible) after the time of the flood there was a period of so many years(maybe 500 years or more) where the people had to repopulate the world

The word "replenish" is used in Genesis.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

The roads or walls you mention kind of reminds me of the Nazca Lines.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have been reviewing this phenomena with interest for some time.

I am surprised however by the negative reactions of some...
...which makes me wonder what they are afraid of.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow

The roads or walls you mention kind of reminds me of the Nazca Lines.

Like these? The below pics are off Bahamas.

This rectilinear feature has been spotted off the coast of NC,
22 miles SE of Harkers Island, North Carolina.
Source: Googleearthanomalies

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ooops!! Double post!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Incredible stuff,its amazing whats under the ocean,I would love to know what civilization got ruined like this,who they where or what.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Halfway to Nowhere
Those lines are likely the result of a fishing practice called bottom trawling. Bottom trawling causes devastation to the ocean floor, however while it's frowned upon in the fishing community, it's a common practice.

More here: Treehugger.com

That was the first thing to come to my mind when watching the lines.

They seem like arbitrary scratches .. as if something had been dragged over the ground.

As much as I'd love to discover a sunken civilization ( Check out the Thread with the Tamil people, it's really interesting too ) I don't think that's what we've got here.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The anomalies off NC look weird and got me checking out the surrounding area closer.

I'm not 100% sure, but they could be mapping anomalies, since the surrounding area is full of them.

Examples:

Linear anomaly 33°18'10.92"N 77° 0'3.78"W

Linear anomaly 32°59'56.00"N 77° 9'37.13"W

More "dotted" straight lines 35°14'54.06"N 74°55'28.59"W

Actually it goes on for miles and miles 35°50'49.50"N 74°45'3.47"W

Certainly look like some kind of mapping articats to me 37°17'12.35"N 74°36'7.52"W

At this point it would be interesting to know, how the data that we see is created.

Certainly there is no way the images shown on google earth are the satellites view on the sea bottom, but a visualized depth map based upon sonar and other data, so it would be essential to find out how it was composed.

*EDIT* I'm referring to the artifacts off the NC coast when speaking about the images not actually showing the sea bottom as seen from space. I'm aware that there are numerous images in shallow water that actually DO show the real image of something below the water : )

edit on 23-3-2011 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join