It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Underwater Anomalies: Florida, Cuba, Japan!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very interesting.

Starred and Flagged, plus you have me thinking deeply too.

Underwater stones that appear to be cut away's are interesting
edit on 22-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sorry but we have wackos suggesting straightlines underwater are evidence of what? Human habitation under water? Human habitation when the sea bed was exposed? Now, those being the only two explanations means you all need to wake up from your dreamtime and stop seeing stuff which is natural and unnatural.

Oh, and wheres the equivalent on dry land where we've been ,so some say, for millions of years? Nowhere!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Lower the lights and light the candles.

Lets all join hands around our computer monitors.

Wait a second. I feeel the presence of Phage taking over.

Yes. He is with us now.

THESE ARE ALL THE WORK OF EROSION AND TECTONIC ACTIVITY.

it is over.

the spirit of Phage is gone now.'

edit on 22/3/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

They could be roads or trails or even sea breaks at one time, I believe that. Remember over 18,000 years ago the Ocean's where alot shallower due to the Ice Age. In fact the seas may have been 150 to 200 meters lower than today (but I believe they where 300 to 450 meters lower, heck the ice sheets located where New York City is where 1 mile thick and deeper into Canada it was 2 miles thick, thats alot of water locked up). If you drop the ocean levels that low, you will see how much land pops up around continents and undersea mountains that used to be islands.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

The spirit of Phage.......too funny. It is nice to have a balanced discussion..........where is the real Phage will he stand up.........
............. I feel a NASA tv conference on this......to explain the lines. Wonder what the future will think of our IPADs......
Plates.......ha ha ha.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Interesting S&F, but as far as we know, their might be whole civilizations sunk underwater, we may just now have the tech to actually find them. And of course there might be some people that have known and kept it hushed, cuz how do you explain to people that they might end at the bottom of the ocean without causing panic? Earthquakes tsunami's we've seen time and again, but what if we realize that WHOLE continents can just sink? Atlantis and Lemuria as far as a common joe is concerned are myth, impossible to happen, right? But if we start finding that it's not...in fact it that it might be even part of some cycle..well then, the picture changes, no?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
95% of the ocean is unexplored, or so we are taught to think. The keys to our past do not lie underground on land but deep in the sea my ATS brethren....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This definitely piques my interest. I do believe I have something better to do tonight other than sitting and watching my room mate play video games. My thoughts are leaning towards ancient civilizations, though that might change.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

They could be roads or trails or even sea breaks at one time, I believe that. Remember over 18,000 years ago the Ocean's where alot shallower due to the Ice Age. In fact the seas may have been 150 to 200 meters lower than today (but I believe they where 300 to 450 meters lower, heck the ice sheets located where New York City is where 1 mile thick and deeper into Canada it was 2 miles thick, thats alot of water locked up). If you drop the ocean levels that low, you will see how much land pops up around continents and undersea mountains that used to be islands.

That's fine in it's context. However there are the same effects on land at sea level in the same Japan case, which the experts are adamant are a natural process. The rock is Basalt, with possible angular splitting, like in this example not as well known as the Giant's Causway but perhaps more appropriate for this thread.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-3-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think you might be seeing gas and oil pipelines (probably leaking).

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Here are a few interesting satellite images as seen through NASA Worldwind and Google Earth. These intriguing patterns lend credence to the theory that thousand of years ago, many coastal areas and cities that once existed there were submerged due to natural disasters like Earthquakes, Tsunamis, and tectonic shifts that forever obliterated them.

Here are a few images that you may find interesting. Seeing the monotonous regularity of disasters now sweeping the planet, will history be repeated where many coastal areas would sink and new ones emerge from the depths of the oceans?

Enlarged….

Are those lines roads or walls?

The linear anomalies above are underwater, approximately 80-110 feet below the surface and cover an are approximately 16 miles wide by 7 miles long..

Here’s more. This one taken by the Space Shuttle (STS090-751-059) of Florida Bay in April 1998…

Color enhancement reveals what appear to be road-like features. Also seen is a tube-like feature towards the lower right of the image. The darker colors contained mostly in the upper right of the image are sea grasses.

The ‘tube’ structure, contrast
and color enhanced.

Here’s a map of Cuba in relation to the Gulf Coast.

Now let’s check out what’s below the ocean here…

Google Earth image

Is this is a photographic glitch in Google Earth? But it shows up in NASA’s World Wind image too!

NASA World Wind image

A linear, gridded area can be seen in both the NASA and Google Earth images of the Cayo Santa Maria off the coast of Caibarien, Cuba. The gridded anomaly area is approximately 2.8 miles long by 3 miles wide. The areas within the 3 red ovals may be possible sub-surface anomalies. Notice there seem to be nodes where many of the lines form intersections suggesting sub-surface anomalies at the intersection areas.

Google Earth Image Color Enhanced

NASA World Wind image

Enhanced contrast/brightness….

Are what we’re seeing vestiges of sunken cities or a small continent (Atlantis/Lemuria) that disappeared into the depths due to some catastrophe?

And here are some underwater photographs of ‘constructions’ near Japan. Remember, Japan and the Gulf coast lie in the "Ring of Fire" where most fault lines intersect. Did something catastrophic occur in ancient times that caused the land to drop below the ocean?

The Ring of Fire

The underwater 'constructions' off the coast of Japan.......

The underwater complex stretches for kilometers with a central pyramid, which Professor Masayaki Kimura is 100% certain could not have been formed by natural, geological processes. He estimates that it is 10,000 years old; twice the age of the Giza complex in Egypt.

All images except as mentioned courtesy: Satellite Discoveries

www.satellitediscoveries.com...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
tommytoy.typepad.com... ncredible-.html

edit on 22-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kove400

Perhaps during the last ice age there were warmer regions of the earth where there still liquid water, after all they are all located in relatively temperate areas. They would have been the most obvious place to build cities and its been the best place to be hidden from us because we've really only been able to see the bottom of the ocean for a pretty short time..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thanks smurfy for that interesting link! This is one image that says it all!

Yep! It sure looks like part of an underwater construction. Doesn't look natural by any stretch of imagination!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Why would you say that? that is completely not true. 90% of the oceans and seas have not ever been explored. The depth of the Atlantic is so vast even the most current subs can not reach it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

And your point would be?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Lower the lights and light the candles.

Lets all join hands around our computer monitors.

Wait a second. I feeel the presence of Phage taking over.

Yes. He is with us now.

THESE ARE ALL THE WORK OF EROSION AND TECTONIC ACTIVITY.

it is over.

the spirit of Phage is gone now.'

edit on 22/3/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

Your killing me, please continue, (ROTFLMBO)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A while ago on this site I came across someone talking about the discovery of Atlantis. I think this link will fit in quite well in here: maps.google.com...,-24.202881&spn=2.562561,4.938354&t=h&z=8 Off the coast of Gibraltar there is this grid. According to Plato, past the pillars of Hercules was Atlantis that was then consumed by the ocean in one day and one night. Check this. Seems to fit the bill

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That's fine in it's context. However there are the same effects on land at sea level in the same Japan case, which the experts are adamant are a natural process. The rock is Basalt, with possible angular splitting, like in this example not as well known as the Giant's Causway but perhaps more appropriate for this thread.
This quote did not copy right, but to who said this here is my reply:

Are you seriouly saying you believe the images off Japan are naturally made? Please, be a sceptic that find, but dont be ignorant. No stone is cut in angles like that unless man or machine did it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by mesle123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I noticed some anomolies on google earth some time ago, I made a thread about them (in the Carribean btw).

Atlantis on Google Earth?

Your pics are much higher quality, I hope we can distinguish whether these images are actual structures or just digital glitches.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by Aprch

well those ancient books contain computer code... I find that extremely interesting.

And this 'computer' found near a shipwreck under the sea...

Fragments of the Antikythera Mechanism, an ancient astronomical
computer found near a shipwreck by sponge divers in 1900. Its exact
function still eludes scholars.
New York Times

Applying high-resolution imaging systems and three-dimensional X-ray tomography, experts have been able to decipher inscriptions and reconstruct functions of the bronze gears on the mechanism. The latest research has revealed details of dials on the instrument’s back side, including the names of all 12 months of an ancient calendar.

By the way, no month names on what is called the Metonic calendar were previously known. Such a calendar, as well as other knowledge displayed on this 'computer' was used by civilizations like the Babylonians from at least the early fifth century B.C. Probably much much earlier!

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join