It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of bringing our troops home, Obama starts yet another war.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Sorry Johnny, I'm with Downtown on this one. I voted for Obama too. I've sat back and watched him make one bad choice after another. I didn't like the healthcare he slammed through congress somehow, but I still would not bash him. But time and again, he has made the wrong choice on each situation. From continuing the war in Afghanistan to now this military action that would have been a good one for the democratic party to take a stance on, and say we will not get involved, or we will come to aid only if necessary. The President should have asked the opinion of his congress on this also. This Libya situation seems contrived and it happened quickly and in the shadow of a great earthquake and tragedy which also seems like the UN took a great advantage with this!

I don't care two hoots if the we are part of the UN and this was somehow our "duty". If that is the case there are plenty of countries we should be declaring genocide and invade.

Edit to add, and please don't tell us about trying to get our representitives out of office if we don't like them, this won't happen until the citizens are truly hurting and nearly destitute. The reason being, our voices do not count, and only in desperation will we fight, which is what we will have to do to change anything.

I'm pretty skeptical myself...what about fighting for the rights of people whose tyrants are on our side (Saudi Arabia) or who are just plain screwed (Ivory Coast...hell, the whole rest of the continent)?

But this is not 'Obama starts another war', and it's...dare I say simplistic?...to think so.

And it's up to you to make your voices count.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

We no doubt agree on many things, but "It's up to you to make your voice count" is far easier to say than to make happen.

What have you done to change your world? Not that easy is it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Whilst i actually agree that politicians (from pretty much every country) all end up the same, i genuinely believe that the vast majority enter for respectable reasons (make things better et al). Clearly power corrupts.

Obama's biggest issue has been winning the election when he did - he clearly has no chance of pushing any reforms through in the current global financial situation and is therefore appearing weaker and weaker on a daily basis.......

On a side note, The USA has not led the way on action in Libya, that has been undertaken by France and the UK with Arab backing. Whilst the USA has been heavily involved, the French and British already had aircraft in operations before America joined in. Fort once in recent times, USA has been led rather than being the leader and this is entirely to the benefit of the USA.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

We no doubt agree on many things, but "It's up to you to make your voice count" is far easier to say than to make happen.
What have you done to change your world? Not that easy is it?

I challenge my lawmakers on a regular basis. They all know me, and respect me whether or not we agree politically. I work on several levels to help shape my community, and being a party member of the current government, I get to squawk to cabinet ministers about what they're doing wrong. And they listen. I learned a long time ago that in a civilised society, you have to work from the inside to effect real change.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Well it must be nice to have such a close working relationship with your government. I make my calls and send my emails to my representitives, and not once has it produced the desired effect. I live in a state with over 30 million people, more than the entire population of Canada, and it's just not possible to be known in this crowd. And quite frankly, our reps could not possibly listened to this many, so they listen to the few. The lobbyists.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well it must be nice to have such a close working relationship with your government. I make my calls and send my emails to my representitives, and not once has it produced the desired effect. I live in a state with over 30 million people, more than the entire population of Canada, and it's just not possible to be known in this crowd. And quite frankly, our reps could not possibly listened to this many, so they listen to the few. The lobbyists.

I hear ya...sad state of affairs, and I'm not impugning your efforts. One does what one can.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Whilst i actually agree that politicians (from pretty much every country) all end up the same, i genuinely believe that the vast majority enter for respectable reasons (make things better et al). Clearly power corrupts.

Obama's biggest issue has been winning the election when he did - he clearly has no chance of pushing any reforms through in the current global financial situation and is therefore appearing weaker and weaker on a daily basis.......

On a side note, The USA has not led the way on action in Libya, that has been undertaken by France and the UK with Arab backing. Whilst the USA has been heavily involved, the French and British already had aircraft in operations before America joined in. Fort once in recent times, USA has been led rather than being the leader and this is entirely to the benefit of the USA.

Well time will tell if you are correct. From what I've seen so far, the US is in the thick of it. Now if we are out of there in a few days, maybe your views will be proved true. I have major doubts. There's oil in them there hills!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join