It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of bringing our troops home, Obama starts yet another war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I know I am preaching to the choir with most of the people on this site, and I normally avoid political garbage, but this is just too clear of an example that Republitards, and Dems are exactly the same.

They both lie to get in office, and then they stick to the same agenda. Two sides of the same coin.

It is the same as having a dictator when you have an unwavering, unchanging agenda that just gets a new spokesperson every 4 or 8 years.
edit on 22-3-2011 by downtown436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thats exactly what a president is...a spokesperson. They have no power, its all just fluff to make the people feel like they matter. What TPTB want, they get. It doesn't matter who is president, or what party they are in.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Right on, brother. I voted for this joker and every time I think about it, I feel like an eskimo who just bought an icebox. He just does and says whatever he has to to further his own professional political aspirations. He doesn't shive a git about We The People.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If you look closely you can see the fingers at the back of his throat.

On a more serious note: Financially, America is going backwards at an increasing rate, how long will your soldiers fight if they aren't getting paid? What will they fight for if there is nothing to gain? Why fight at all if all you need is Shelter/Food and health care?

Greed(Money) is the root of all evil.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Obama did not 'start' a war. He is responding to an international situation. If you don't like it, then lobby your lawmakers to get out of all your military treaties and pacts...then give up your seat on the Security Council. If you don't want to lead, then get out of the way!

Further...you might want to look at the world without wearing your anti-Obama glasses. You'll find things less one-dimensional.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
He is on record multiple times blatantly lying.

Hes just like the countless other politicians who will lie and say whatever it takes to get elected.

But what surprises me is that there are still people who don't see Obama for what he really is.
And that is an Illuminati puppet president. Just like Bush Sr. Bush Jr., Clinton, Reagan.etc.

Even people on this site actually believe the fairytale they try to make us believe.
edit on 22-3-2011 by larrydavid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The only reason he did what he did was because Qaddafi duck has oil and everyone knows it. That's old news. There have been human rights atrocities in Africa for decades now, but do we step in to help the others? No. Why? They don't have anything we want. It's that simple. For the President or anyone else to stand there and say otherwise, as if we're going to believe them, is idiotic at best. The good news is that we are already done over there, BP is firmly entrenched in the Mediterranean and, from what I understand, the French and English are taking over from here.

It's all pretty pathetic really. Big bullies taking lunch money away from the crazy wimp.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just to clarify, Obama did NOT start this war.

The UN resolution enforcing the no fly zone setup an international coalition which the USA has simply joined. This was NOT a war started by Obama.

If he had NOT have joined the coalition, likely Republicans would have slammed him for standing idly by.

He can't win with either position with his critics.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Obama had no choice, he stalled, dithered, stood cowering in the corner, filled out his NCAA bracket, until the UN gave the OK. Hardly Presidential material. What a joke.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

If you don't want to lead, then get out of the way!

What exactly do you want to lead?

Nobody should lead. Leading is like ruling.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I wish we had nothing to do with the U.N. at all.

I don't want to be in it, pay for it, or house it in my Country.

And, yes when you send guys with planes, bombs, ships and missiles to some country that isn't yours and start killing people, you started a war. There was some kind of revolt going on, but yeah now were are fighting the Libyans.

edit on 22-3-2011 by downtown436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It is my suggestion that you begin to research a topic in full before creating a thread that involves half assed opinions and inaccurate information. Thank you for your time sir, and please, do enjoy ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Two sides of the same coin.

As the posts replying to this thread will likely demonstrate, the same applies to their respective supporters.

Each will dispense with all manner objectivity, performing mind bending feats of spectacular rationalization to 'excuse' the outrageous behavior of their guy.

Bush's supporters did it for him.

Obama supporters will do the same.

It's how most Banana Republics work.

Shameful.

:shk:

edit on 22-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

So you are saying that Obama brought our troops home, and in fact we are not dropping bombs on Libya right now?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Just to clarify, Obama did NOT start this war.
The UN resolution enforcing the no fly zone setup an international coalition which the USA has simply joined. This was NOT a war started by Obama.
If he had NOT have joined the coalition, likely Republicans would have slammed him for standing idly by.
He can't win with either position with his critics.

And Hilary Clinton just happened to be speaking to officials in France just prior to them announcing they were heavily involved..

Nah, the US/Obama had nothing to do with this war..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

As the posts replying to this thread will likely demonstrate, the same applies to their respective supporters.

Each will dispense with all manner objectivity, performing mind bending feats of spectacular rationalization to 'excuse' the outrageous behavior of their guy.

Bush's supporters did it for him.

Obama supporters will do the same.

So true.

The ONLY ones who ever "win" the wars are the BANKERS who loan the governments fake fiat currency and the CORPORATIONS making war and "critical" supplies during the conflict and rebuilding the bombed out areas afterwards.

The civilians of both countries are the losers because they get stuck with the bill, financially and in terms of lives and devastation.

War is the nastiest method of transferring wealth from the poor to the rich but the blind supporting their TEAM (RAH RAH) never see that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Sorry Johnny, I'm with Downtown on this one. I voted for Obama too. I've sat back and watched him make one bad choice after another. I didn't like the healthcare he slammed through congress somehow, but I still would not bash him. But time and again, he has made the wrong choice on each situation. From continuing the war in Afghanistan to now this military action that would have been a good one for the democratic party to take a stance on, and say we will not get involved, or we will come to aid only if necessary. The President should have asked the opinion of his congress on this also. This Libya situation seems contrived and it happened quickly and in the shadow of a great earthquake and tragedy which also seems like the UN took a great advantage with this!

I don't care two hoots if the we are part of the UN and this was somehow our "duty". If that is the case there are plenty of countries we should be declaring genocide and invade.

Edit to add, and please don't tell us about trying to get our representitives out of office if we don't like them, this won't happen until the citizens are truly hurting and nearly destitute. The reason being, our voices do not count, and only in desperation will we fight, which is what we will have to do to change anything.
edit on 22-3-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Politics, especially at the Presidential level, require excellent adaptation skills. Unlike the mundane that may be going on in some of your worlds, US Presidents have to deal with an ever changing National and Global agenda/climate.
Its like standing on the edge of a cliff and saying, "there is no possible way I will jump off this cliff into the water below," And then jumping off the cliff 2 minutes later to save your brother who fell off the ledge. Circumstances happen that require you to adapt your way of thinking. In a perfect world, you could say let there be peace and there will be peace, but we should all be well aware by now that we do not live in a perfect world. The only thing we can do at this point is adapt, be steadfast and honest in your own convictions, and let yourself be heard when the opportunity arises.

If you are so blind in your own political biases than you will never understand both sides to a story, you will only be another sheep in the herd. Be your own, love your own, and prepare for the inevitable.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
Politics, especially at the Presidential level, require excellent adaptation skills. Unlike the mundane that may be going on in some of your worlds, US Presidents have to deal with an ever changing National and Global agenda/climate.
Its like standing on the edge of a cliff and saying, "there is no possible way I will jump off this cliff into the water below," And then jumping off the cliff 2 minutes later to save your brother who fell off the ledge. Circumstances happen that require you to adapt your way of thinking. In a perfect world, you could say let there be peace and there will be peace, but we should all be well aware by now that we do not live in a perfect world. The only thing we can do at this point is adapt, be steadfast and honest in your own convictions, and let yourself be heard when the opportunity arises.

If you are so blind in your own political biases than you will never understand both sides to a story, you will only be another sheep in the herd. Be your own, love your own, and prepare for the inevitable.

That sounds nice, but we can see, looking at history, there is little change for the better and a clear agenda that is followed. Our complacency has been bought with HD televisions. Policies are not brought about by the wind blowing, they are planned carefully in secret. People looking at the visible politics are seeing a filtered shadow of backroom deals and unspoken allegiance...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join