It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bullies! I'm sick of them

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Hey man don't feel bad. I cannot help but to notice that you know how to put an avatar in your profile and how to originate a topic. I've not been able to figure either of these out and the tutorial is no help. Take it as a compliment that people even pay attention to you. Whenever I post something the mods find out and I get cremated.

Want to make a big contribution? Tell me step by step how to do a friggin' avatar and make a topic and I, for one, will never give you any verbal nuggies.

edit on 22-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

right on...i know that everyone that has made a thread on here has had some type of remark they didnt like or something to try disprove or discredit...hell i have been called an idiot...but when they push you push back and thus far for me we usaully come out of it on equal terms...it seems like hes trying to push people in the wrong way....he needs to more intelligent...more witty and usually things will work themselves out...i have seen some of his threads and it does seem like he trys jumping on the wagon of other threads and then gets mad when they get closed...i had one closed today because i posted something ten min after someone else did even though i had no idea it had already been posted...i didnt go off like this i just moved on from it...its not the end of the world.dude...life sucks sometimes,##it happens deal with it bro...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by kid_cudi

Hey man don't feel bad. I cannot help but to notice that you know how to put an avatar in your profile and how to originate a topic. I've not been able to figure either of these out and the tutorial is no help. Take it as a compliment that people even pay attention to you. Whenever I post something the mods find out and I get cremated.

Want to make a big contribution? Tell me step by step how to do a friggin' avatar and make a topic and I, for one, will never give you any verbal nuggies.

edit on 22-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

LOL!! Hey, I hear you... they couldnt have made it any more difficult to get an avatar up and clicking "set as avatar" doesnt work

Okay.. go to TOOLS... its in the bar at the top. Choose PICTURES. Upload a pic into your album. CLick on the pic and see the thing that says " use as ATS avatar". Copy that. Go back to tools... and you will see your account and paste it into the box that says " avatar URL"... and then upload. It should work. Dont shoot me if I left out a step... Im trying to think of it from memory! Try it and if it doesnt work right.. I can walk through it u2u. Oh and they changed the rules for the size of the avatar I believe.. so no honking huge ones.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
*Clicks home page, tries to find notifications, game invites....*
HEY!? I thought I was on Facebook? Oh wait.... *sigh*

Come now children, play nice. Or no jelly and Ice cream for any of you, got it?

OP, it is frustrating but please just ignore anyone who outright picks on you as a person. BUT make sure you don't do the same as them

edit on 22-3-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If somebody doesn't agree with your opinions or ideas, they should just click the back button and find something else to read about.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I recently had a few days away from ATS and found it of benefit. Recommended.

People act out of impulse on forums and sometimes forget themselves.

Think of dealing with them as you would with a drunk....walk away and get a kebab.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Go to the search bar and type in avatar! It gives you guidelines!
to make a thread go to a forum and click on t and then click on new thread! You may want to check of the thread for starters! As I have been told the same thing many times. Or you can ask one of the mods! They are friendly and are always around to help if you respect them and aren't rude to them!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why do i keep reading his threads arggggg!!! Maybe facebook might be a better website for u?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow entertainment at its best ... a one - sided internet fight!

Really, I read the whole "where'd the moon go" thread and like many others I saw no bullying. Now there might have been a wee bit of "yer being daft" in the thread, but if you can't take a bit of good natured joking or you think people are bullying you because they don't agree with you then you shouldn't be posting on forum, anywhere.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
How do I block him?
edit on 22-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

IMHO That's the worst thing you can do, again IMO having read through a few of your threads you're not being bullied but being challenged .

This is the internet no one can hurt you other people can only say things which you choose to read and have a choice of whether or not to reply.

To my mind if you feel bullied in a forum then you seriously need to take a long hard look at your self esteem and your ability to defend whatever position you take.

Dude internet bullying is for pussies at school if you can't handle a few criticisms and perhaps the odd
then perhaps you should reconsider posting threads until you get to grips with responding.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've only read one of your post,your latest one about the moon not being there when you wanted it to be.
It seems that this was the reason that you 'spat your dummy out' and wrote a thread about 'Bullies on ATS'.
I thought you was just having a bit of fun when you said you where worried because you cant see the moon and you thought it had vanished!
I would say that you attracted these so called 'bullies' because of topics like that.
And ,seriously,you call them 'BULLIES'!, stop being a kid and grow a PAIR!!!
I personally detest 'real' bullies and would intervene if i saw any bullying, but what you are descibing as bullying is more of a complex disorder

edit on 22-3-2011 by mespen because: needed to add a bit more

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
First off OP, what is your signature supposed to mean? You missed one or two words.. Alright, now as for the thread topic; I understand some people are hypersensitive, and may take attitude-driven replies very personally. But you shouldn't. Unless you were born yesterday, you should know that the Internet is full of insulting, trolling, and people who think they are never wrong. Almost everybody at some point acts this way, because behind a computer you remain essentially anonymous and with complete freedom to speak, free of most repercussions. The difference is that these are words, ideas, and opinions. Nobody is in your face, calling you a dumb *****, or physically assaulting you, or making you afraid for your life. Point is, if you can't handle a couple borderline-demeaning digital statements come from other individuals, you probably shouldn't be on this forum, or many others.Nobody is here to hold your hand and punish those who may have made you mad, or hurt your feelings. Unless the post are blatantly racist, violent, or vulgar/offensive, you can't expect mods to go around dropping banhammers. Goodluck.....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's okay. Don't take it personally. Sometimes DISINFO comes to threads, and shreds them. Just breathe, and let it go. I wish I could take my own advice, I teel you.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Get a grip and grow up. Next you'll be saying he started it, oh wait...

Is anybody still counting exclamation marks?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

Opinions are one thing, but stating something that clearly is not occuring as a fact is another. It's not about letting it slide and ignoring it because you don't agree with it.
Ignorance breeds ignorance and should not be encouraged, it should be made known to people when something being stated is untrue. There are many impressionable minds around here and and it is I feel a responsibilty for members to present people with the facts and not some uneducated paranoid delusion.

So yeah, people can have their opinions, but that's different. And it's not about not liking what they have to say either, you can leave that kind of petty bickering to the political forums.
The simple thing is you can't make stuff up and expect people to go along with it and not challenge it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ficargul
Wow entertainment at its best ... a one - sided internet fight!

Best. Quote. Ever.

To the OP, dude, man up. It's the internet. By coming on here you have to accept that from time to time people may harrass you. It's all apart of the e-life. And yes, I have read some of your threads before I registered. I haven't bothered to read your profile but you strike me as 15 at best. Maybe you should re-think coming online if you think some of the replies on here are 'cyber bullying'. Just unplug the modem and back away slowly. Save yourself the headache of being 'bullied' as you put it and save others the time of having to 'bully' you.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
It's okay. Don't take it personally. Sometimes DISINFO comes to threads, and shreds them. Just breathe, and let it go. I wish I could take my own advice, I teel you.

So... using that old chestnut eh? DISINFO.

Right... So who was the disinfo? The person relaying false and misleading information or the people trying to help him?

Yessss??

I thought so...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sorry....No S or F for you OP, even if it is in the Rant section. I haven't seen any real "Bullying" going on here.... I've seen allot of whining and complaining.

If you are going to be on ATS and start your own threads you need thicker skin than that. Know what you're talking about before starting a thread, otherwise you are only inviting ridicule.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sir, I have read some of your threads, and honestly, you seem to get angry about anything, even when there was no disrespect, or even a directly conflicting opinion.

Maybe you should take a break from ATS for a week, cool down, and come back with a fresh look?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join