It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feds Push Banks to Spy On Legal Marijuana Dealers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yup.

Once upon a time...

This organic, naturally occurring substance was packed into what was once known as a "peace-pipe."

They can't eliminate the pipe, but they can eliminate the peace.....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Well it has been criminalized. It is a crime to possess in most US states. Maybe you are in another place where they are not so I don't know witch hunt prone.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

Well it has been criminalized. It is a crime to possess in most US states. Maybe you are in another place where they are not so I don't know witch hunt prone.

You are clearly missing the point. No legislature has the lawful authority to invent crimes. Crimes come with victims and if there is no victim then there is no crime. Murder was not criminalized, it is unlawful. Theft was not criminalized, it is unlawful. Rape was not criminalized, it is unlawful.

I don't know what planet you live on, but on the planet earth laws are a natural phenomenon, and legislation is not law, merely evidence of law. If it is actually law, then it describes a natural phenomenon. The crime of murder describes the abrogation and derogation of a persons right to life. Smoking pot does not abrogate or derogate anybody's rights. So, you can keep selling your propaganda on the beauty of legislation and its "power", or you can choose to see the light.

You can get down on your knees and beg legislatures to do what is your right to do, or you can stand tall and demand legislators begin obeying the law. That choice is entirely yours.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Reply to sirjunlegun

you can't tell a plant it can't grow. Atleast, it's very hard.

Who do you arrest when a hemp plant grows naturally? Nature, or the plant?
edit on 5-4-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

thats where i disagree with you jean; there is a law being broken when someone abuses something. but "mj" isnt a thing anymore than your dog or pet dolphin is a thing. it is criminal to love your things outside of the context of the things they are.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar

thats where i disagree with you jean; there is a law being broken when someone abuses something. but "mj" isnt a thing anymore than your dog or pet dolphin is a thing. it is criminal to love your things outside of the context of the things they are.

It is a giant leap to go from smoking pot to abusing pot. Further, legislatures have not attempted to legislate against abusing pot, they have simply prohibited it.

If someone abuses sugar this is as unlawful as it would be to abuse pot. When someone abuses sugar the consequences are often recognizable. Diabetes would be an example of abuse and the consequences of breaking that law. Do we want to authorize legislatures to regulate our sugar intake, or do we want to grow up and learn to govern ourselves?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

while being a smoker studying medicine and the history of scripts as a form of pharmacology and the supposed history surrounding "weed": the abuse of "mj" would be consuming (or reading a script not written for yourself) the plant itself. in the mythos of "mj" the plant was given as a gift from one god to another, the therapeutic benefits comes from how the plant supposedly came into being as an unwanted gift.

i suppose im toeing the line. if in your script it is your destiny to consume "mj" it is your fate to know you are abusing "mj" because the scription process entirely; was not accepted, and the plant was given as a gift in light of this sentiment.

the abuse is the act. and to circumvent this making it possible for a person to consume the plant is made illegal.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Everybody has some kind of lame brained excuse as to why it is perfectly okay for government to intrude into the private lives of individuals and treat them as if they were children. I used to have faith in humanity. Each day that faith wanes little by little, as I watch, listen, and read the things people say and do to justify their need for tyranny.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

it should be illegal to consume a sacrament to the unholy. i would expect a catholic man to find it illegal for me to consume the bread and wine of christ if i was not catholic and in his temple.

the fed has every right to make sure coops are not circumventing the economics of their business, that seems unholy to myself; by forcing the banks to check them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar

it should be illegal to consume a sacrament to the unholy. i would expect a catholic man to find it illegal for me to consume the bread and wine of christ if i was not catholic and in his temple.

the fed has every right to make sure coops are not circumventing the economics of their business, that seems unholy to myself; by forcing the banks to check them.

Just look at your own words and read them over and over again. You would expect a Catholic to find it illegal for you to accept communion with Christ? For God's sakes what other intrusive acts of legislation do you advocate?

Sycophants of tyranny come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and they are just too many. Why waste your time trying to convince a small minority such as I? The majority is with you, and they crave their tyranny. Don't let a single flickering flame surrounded by darkness scare you, man. You have the majority on your side. Your mob rule has the power of brute force. I am just a wisp of smoke and unnoticed flame in the night.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

my communion with "christ" is different; "christ" didnt tell me to eat his flesh but to the catholics he did: thus their relationship being of a sacrament to them i would hope that as i still comune with "christ" differently that they would find me consuming "his body" illegal. regardless of the benefits i may receive in the catholic community for doing so.

regardless of how you portray yourself in the light or dark; coops need oversight, and if that means using the muscle of banking to do it then good.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

That's it sport, keep praising brute force as a means by which to suppress the people. You're a real saint. A true patriot. Heck, maybe those white slave owners had it right all along and some people need to be held as slaves in order to regulate them. While your at it, why not advocate changing Pi to an even 3.0 to make the math easier? Maybe you could lobby Congress to criminalize asteroids and comets from crashing on the planet. Let's just invent as many laws as we can.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Ausar

Everybody has some kind of lame brained excuse as to why it is perfectly okay for government to intrude into the private lives of individuals and treat them as if they were children. I used to have faith in humanity. Each day that faith wanes little by little, as I watch, listen, and read the things people say and do to justify their need for tyranny.

Profound statement JPZ, I make no excuses for what isn't right, nor do I have to justify the fact that I make no excuses.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Profound statement JPZ, I make no excuses for what isn't right, nor do I have to justify the fact that I make no excuses.

I was being too hard on humanity and too cynical last night when I included everybody in the defense of tyranny. I apologize. I am fighting a cold and grouchy and this elevates my level of disgust with government sycophants to uncomfortable levels.

I know you are one who does not support tyranny Aquarius. I, for one, am glad you are here, and proud to know you.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
**REMINDER**

This appears at the beginning of all Alt Sub Threads:

Alt. Sub. Conspiracies: This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

Please discontinue discussing legalization, decriminilization or advocacy of Marijuana use, your posts will be removed as T&C Violations, as opposed to off topic.

No other warnings will be given, this thread will be closed.

~Keeper
ATS Staff

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

We DO NOT discuss "personal use" and "legalization" here at ATS.

Your post will be removed and you may be post banned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join