It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with non-ATSers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
No matter what you do or what you said is always people that their minds can not accept deception, believe or not some people are groom and brought up to think that certain things should never be question, example of this are.

Never question your government
Never question religion
Never question your elders
Never question authority and so on, I had a very dear friend that was a teacher, she did not believe in dinosaurs, I know it is funny but this grown women with education did not believe in dinosaurs, one day I ask her why? and she said that her religion did not believe in that because it was not in the bible, I asked her but you had seen the skeletons in the museum, and she very convinced told me that those bones were made by men trying to discredit the bible and the word of God. That day I decided that her friendship was too dear to me to fight her beliefs and I let go.

Sometimes it may see unbelievable but is lots of people like that in the world, and this people will follow their leaders to death if the leaders ask them to die for them

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
dinosaurs are really cool. holy crap wth i cant believe that everyone i ever meet has no idea wat is really happening to this country. the internet is an intriqet puzzle, through research and exploration can you fit all of these peices together. any logical problem solver can see the truth for themselves just find the pieces and put them together. people are too dependent on talking heads from television land telling them wat they should think, feel, and beleive. spoon feeding them irelevant facts will please the masses for eternity. every person i meet is either completely ignorant to todays current lack of justice, or they are so noble and knowlegable that they see no reason to take me seriously and disregard me as nonsense. wat a shame, humanity has come to a point where we cant think and believe things on our own, conformity is an evil thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
you cant force a blind man to see, but eventually he will open his eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't really have a problem dealing with AtSers or non-AtSers. Some people call me crazy for believe in some conspiracy theories and others call me crazy for not believing in some. I doesn't really bug me much either way.

I will say that I have noticed that some "conspiracy nuts" who claim that everyone else is "blind" are just as dogmatic as those they deride. Some of the 9/11 conspiracies are such tautologies that I can't believe they haven't collapsed under the all-encompassing weight of the theory itself. Of course the same could be said of the theory "everything to government does is good"

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Not all of them open their eyes... I am just a teen but when my friends are saying i am weird and crazy and stuff like that I just go along with them. I have some friends that are like me but they dont go to this site, yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just because you believe something to be true, does not make it so. Isaac Asimov (can't remember what book or was it Piers Anthony? hmm)

Regardless, as many other ATS members i'm willing to bet that we are among the most active "readers" that there are. Of my many friends I think I could count maybe 3 that are regular readers. IMHO people that stop reading or have never developed the "itch" to read, are fairly close minded. There are exceptions, in both camps, but honestly books open the mind to new ideas/viewpoints etc.. If your future roomate refuses to listen then let him be. You really can't force someone to be curious, if they don't tick that way so be it, but remember, you could be wrong about a great many things so don't forget to "really listen" to his opinions as well. If his opinions are sufficently narrow then that should afford you the opportunity to reason with him using "logic" and common sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join