It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam files new complaint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
July 22

LAWYERS for ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein said today they had filed a complaint with the European Court of Human Rights calling on France to make the United States respect the Geneva Conventions.

The complaint is based on article one of the Geneva Convention, which calls on all signatories to "respect and to ensure respect for the present Convention in all circumstances", said Emmanuel Ludot, one of Saddam's lawyers.
news.com.au...

Anyone a Lawyer

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
While I believe the US was trying to give Hussein's victims a chance to see justice done by trying him in court, I feel that this will be a long drawn out fiasco, much like the Milosevic trial.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better to have found Hussein dead and the closure for the victims would have already happened. Sure there would be stories and rumors of stories on how he died but at least he would have been dealt with.

I could be wrong on this one but I just get steamed when murderers, rapist, vicious brutal dictators are afforded the opportunity to use the law to keep them alive and in too many cases, are actually not convicted by the use of "technicalities" in the law, not that they haven't done anything. At the same time knowing they did not afford these same opportunities to their victims.....

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe he didn't get his commisary list

new topics

join