It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surge of reported aviation accidents in North America - RSOE now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I've never seen so many aviation icons on the screen in the years I've been peeking at the RSOE alert (my start page) map. Coincidence maybe, maybe not.

Consider this an FYI, I have nothing to add nor any theories. Maybe people, including pilots, are just worn out. Texting while flying? LOL!

RSOE SITE

edit on 22-3-2011 by Atlantican because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Your links dont work

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Try This

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Hmm,
If u click on details they all seem to be Fairchild A10's.

Interesting.

I wonder if someone overlayed the wrong map on the webserver?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If you look at the dates most are from the weekend. They probably just updated it, it's not current.

I dont think it's anything. Also airplane incidents could be anything, there was a thread on here a while back about these maps and someone posted to a site that tells you what the incidents were and could be..So it could be anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

I noticed that too. I think it just defaults as the first model on a list. A10 would probably be at the top of any drop down box.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Does anyone know if the US is using the Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt, and if the dates would correspond to the probable departure times, for/in the latest Libyn crisis?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I was looking at the site yesterday and there really wasn't much there. Perhaps the reporting is delayed a day or two before it is released. If so, It will be interesting to see what is reported in the next day or two.

Most of the dates are the 19th with some falling on the 18th.

Either way it's the most I've seen on screen in one continent in the years I've been gawking the site.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
I've never seen so many aviation icons on the screen in the years I've been peeking at the RSOE alert (my start page) map. Coincidence maybe, maybe not.

Consider this an FYI, I have nothing to add nor any theories. Maybe people, including pilots, are just worn out. Texting while flying? LOL!

RSOE SITE

edit on 22-3-2011 by Atlantican because: fixed link

I think their script or whatever goes out to read these reports is broken. Here is the NTSB list of aviation accidents this month:

www3.ntsb.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You may be right there,
The logic certainly holds up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

Haven't seen it myself but I do know that in other ATS threads the A-10 is normally listed as the plane in question on the RSOE site. Does seem to be their default...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

Based on those dates there is no more than a 2 day length of time, on average, between reported incidents. Now that's not carved in stone but something seems off trend since the 13th. Maybe their data is updated twice monthly and not taking any of these new reports into account?

add: I just peeked at that NTSB site again. It appears it's only commercial & private reports. Maybe these RSOE incidents are all military. The spike would certainly coincide with the surge of military action in relation to Libya. If so, is the fleet in that bad state of disrepair? Lol!

I'm reaching here I know but RSOE spiders and collects both automatically generated & manual reports as far as I can gather.

With that in mind something appears to be off trend on both sites.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Atlantican because: add

edit on 22-3-2011 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The RSOE site gets attention every time they update the FAA incidents. Theres a thread like this every few months. Here's the last one.
Is this normal???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Looks alot like this early map of odd sounds. Which coincidentally can match up to a lot of animal die offs, I think we should concentrate on forming a proveable -linkable odd event map or at least a section containing maps for various events, to be able to compare side to side or--at least within the same thread. I have no idea how to build a map though. (Oh and throw in the off-reading compasses also, just the majoriity seem to be located along these areas. Not all.

www.flickr.com...@N04/5547244510/

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Zero: Great find there mate. And it's good of you to bring it to our attention. Strong possibility indeed.

However if they are grabbing the data stream of the FAA, wouldn't NTSB have that same data? Or is it that the NTSB only reports their INVESTIGATED incidents vs overall incidents, including non investigated?

It might be a great service if we can clarify this data flow and "sticky it" somehow or make a thread regarding how this data from these various sources flows. It can scare the crappola out of someone if "misdigested"!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Heres a link to the FAA incident site. You just have to google the flight numbers from RSOE. You can always find the incident reports. Looks the same as it always does to me.
FAA incident reports

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
The RSOE site gets attention every time they update the FAA incidents. Theres a thread like this every few months. Here's the last one.
Is this normal???

The new report actually spans March 19 to March 20, with one incident March 18. So it is a matter of a couple of days rather than a couple of weeks as you stated in the thread which you linked.

Originally posted by ZeroReady
yes its normal. you can check them all at the faa website. its every little aviation incident thats happened in the last couple of weeks. they splash them all on the page at once when it refreshes.

Myself and ShaneR also posted about this
here
here
and here
in possible connection to the rumbles being heard, the magnetic anomalies, and possible volcanic or seismic activity.

So you are not alone, OP, in thinking that this could be linked to something bigger.
And now I see, from ZeroReady's post, that it has happened before, which is interesting. I will research that further and try to find those other past threads.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Theres another thread about this here www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is the reports that were made on the 21st but if you look at the dates of the incidents, they're from the last few days.
www.faa.gov...

and here, www.faa.gov...

you can see that there's usually 5 or 6 or so a day, and from my understanding these preliminary reports are where rsoe edis gets its updates for the airplane incidents, and they are just preliminary. Also, a lot of these incidents were with no injuries, and only 1 or 2 people on the airplane and it was mostly within landing. My guess is it's either private planes or pilot training.
edit on 22-3-2011 by ML8715 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join