It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Still Proud to be AMERIcan!!!! Are You???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

maybe after eading through your post i think that love of my country seems to be where i meant to take this...but either way im still proud of everyone who risks their lives not for the gov but for us. that made this country the best to begin with before the evil people started tearing her apart...and thanks for letting me voice how i feel without criticizing me...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Patriotism is overrated and outdated.

It's time for humans to start sharing a sense of GLOBAL community.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

i dont like that thought very much...a global community? im American and i never want to be labeled anything different...what would you call us globalans? just doesnt sound right...myself personally believes in patriotism and there are alot of americans i hope that do also...see im gonna start looking at our situation like the New England Patriots team..they were down and out for so long and they were the laughing stock of the football world. kindsa how America is becoming.. then the people in places where it mattered decided to wake up and start making the right calls...they turned it around and realized what they had to do to win...i just hope that the corrupt in our government will wake up to see what they are doing to this wonderful country and her people in the same way they did. so this mess can get turned around so we can start to climb out of the gutter before its too late
edit on 22-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: vvi

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am not proud to be an American, because I believe the US Government has changed to where it is no longer for the upliftment and security and safety of the American people. The American people are just now it's pawns, as they create division and discord and abuse their seats of power, stripping all the jobs away, nothing is made in the USA anymore, the welfare nation has created masses of no-class people who just breed more, and the crime rate is out of control. There are no standards of citizenry, and the bad people get rewarded for not doing the right things and there is no impetus to push people to better themselves, so much easier to just get a government check, in fact, that's become the American dream now, and illegals have more rights than citizens, and then we imperialisticly bully the world and start wars and occupy, exploit and oppress. It seems the US was a nation a to be proud of in the 50s and before, now it's so corrupt and dengerate, it's failed it's people.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

America hasnt failed its people. the leaders have done this..if people think of it as bring "Americas" fault for the situation that were in now. then why would people stand up to fight for it? thats why youre not seeing more people stand up to fight for her it is because people are thinking like you. thinking of America as being in control of the actions done with Americas name attached to it..America is just a name or an idea. thats what people need to realize...there is still an America..people just have to realize the it wasnt her fault so they start to be proud of what she stands for again so they will get up and defend her and our people once again against the evil powers that be...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Derek you hit the nail on the head - people today should be proud of other people in the world and be proud as a global race, rather than just be proud of their country...we are all human beings after all. My wish is that one day we all represent a country called EARTH...it would be nice if an alien invasion wakes us up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Sacred Ignorance powerofnarrative.blogspot.com...

The Indifference and Denial that Kill thesacredmoment.blogspot.com...

The Honor of Being Human: Why Do You powerofnarrative.blogspot.com...

No, I Do Not Support "The Troops" powerofnarrative.blogspot.com...

The Blood-Drenched Darkness of American Exceptionalism powerofnarrative.blogspot.com...

the latest relating to Mannings treatment, also supported by most of my fellow americans.
Kingdom of Evil powerofnarrative.blogspot.com...

here you go, instruct thyself.

my grandparents, all 4 were immigrants
they gave their allegiance not just in word but in their deeds.
they all refused to speak the languages of the old countries, getting by with pidgin or to teach their children about the old countries.

"what do you care about that, you are American!"

they slaved away and saved their pennies and paid for their homes
and when the system couldn't squeeze anymore out of them left them to rot
from cancer, diabetes and all sorts of things that could have been prevented or cured, but where would the profit in that be?

where were you on July 4, 1976? i know where i was: Washington D.C. watching the fireworks and believing that being an American was the greatest thing in the world.

i am older and hopefully wiser now.

WAKE THE F UP!!!!

the republic died a looooong time ago.

it's folk like you who don't see any problems who have allowed the greed-heads, nazi's and the psychopaths to destroy our once great nation.

like the reasonable facsimile of a human being who's happy cause it's got a new carpet.

hopefully this land will be cleansed.

time will pass and the american dream will pass into legend.

and at some point in the far future the dream will become a reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

ok lets all forget about the american dream and about the way america should be so it will never have a chance to be again what it was intended on being..ther will be no hope left if we all just gorget about america...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

please read the essays I've linked to, the answers to your questions are there.

if i didn't give a crap about my country/my people why would i bother even posting on your thread?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Of course I am proud.
Proud of what we CAN, and Have done in our history.
Also ashamed
Ashamed of what we CAN and Have done in our history.

I am not so proud, that some people still care more about the IPOD that stores 10million songs.
or anything more than the 4 block radius around their "hood"

However.
WE have a voting problem.
Not enough people vote locally, I am ashamed of that, was we go around the world "promoting" Democracy by Explosive devices..then show a purple finger to the world as our victory.

Our other voting problem. Special interests...Lobbyist. That needs to go...Zero tolerance.
Then we may begin to feel again, that OUR VOTE MATTERS.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

sorry...assuming is a flaw of mine...ill make dure to read hem

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join