It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Still Proud to be AMERIcan!!!! Are You???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Im starting this this thread to share the way i feel and ask how you do...I have seen countless threads directed at talking bad about Americans and our flaws and our government...im just here to say that no matter what is said about America im still as proud as I ever was and will be of our great country..I guess its more that im proud of the idea of the real America and what I know that it really means...Americans shouldnt be judged by their government,their eating habits or what we like to spend money on. Or even what we like to do for fun.every country has its flaws not just America....Nor should we care what people say about us. Unless its fellow Americans doing the talking. Yes you can be sick and tired of the way the government treats us but like i said they arent our country we are..we cant control what our government does. really they "the gov" has nothing to do with what the real America is. real America is the blue collar,middle class or even lower class citezins that live here. We are the true blood of this country. not these corporations that are only here to smudge our great nations name with their influinces on our government..the real America is young men and women past and present that have fought for our way of life. that have sacrificed everything in order for us to be here now on the internet..without them we might not even have the internet. we could be like N.Korea. but were not...because those same men and women believed in something and that something is America..they werent or arent fighting for the gov they were and are fighting for us the people...the real America...im am so proud America and of being an American and i hope that some out there feel the same...so for everyone who wants to keep talking bad about Americans then remember that youre talking about all who have sacrificed for the love of the real America to get us here..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The people of any country are generally fine, it's the governments which are corrupt and ignorant, like the Americans.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xamonymous

so are you implying that Americans are corrupt and ignorant?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

edit on 22-3-2011 by Xamonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The government is

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Civil war in Libya, Devastation in Japan, Still MANY homeless in Haiti, Expressing your opinion in many parts of the world can still get you killed, and yesterday, just YESTERDAY, I was having new carpet installed in my home. God Bless the USA.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

yes i know this but the government isnt America...we dont have any say in who our government officials are...maybe local but anything above that its more than likely that they are placed there...the real America has nothing to do with those liars...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So, what's the real America then?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23

yes i know this but the government isnt America...we dont have any say in who our government officials are...maybe local but anything above that its more than likely that they are placed there...the real America has nothing to do with those liars...

Therein lies the world's problem with Americans. You yell and scream about how it's your governments fault, and to leave the American people out of it, yet who elects these governments? You say that they are "more than likely placed there" and that the people have no say - isn't that what your Constitution protects against and gives the right to the people to overthrow said corrupt government? And yet you don't, you sit in your homes bitching about what the rest of the world thinks about you and DO NOTHING to change things. Where's the Constitutionally driven rebellions and revolutions? You whinge about gun rights which the Constitution gives to you to repel this corruption and yet you do nothing.

If the United States currency wasn't the world's reserve currency and the US didn't poke it's nose in everywhere it's not actually wanted, then this would not be an issue for the rest of the world.

Therein lies the crux of the matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The same could be said about ANY country then...there are people like you in every country who are proud to be from it...but at the end of the day it is the government that represents and controls their country.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

the everyday people that live here...the people that dont believe in the government and that know what America once was,what it is and will be in the future...the place we can be proud of...if you tske away the corrupt government then this country would still be in everyones eyes the best place to be...it still is in mine because the idea of America overtaked what they are trying to do it...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well I can say that I'm glad not to be American

Going to war with all these countries is going to have some sort of backlash, and when it does it will make 911 seem like minor event...

A country cant go out and make tons of enemies and not expect a retaliation, lets just hope for all the American people, that its not a big retaliation and is stopped in time before thousands die

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The American Govt and their ilk within it's doors are corrupt and so balantly arogant.......

The American people are ignorant because their Govt LIES to them time and time again!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
if we all came together to revolt they would find ways to make it stop in a hurry...just recently protesters at white house arrested...they use scare tactics so people wont stand up against them..were not ignorant we just know better...people have families to support and need to feed their children...how would we do that if we were in jail? and about the back lash on us that we didnt bring on ourselves...they did and wont have to face what happens to us...theyll be sitting on top watching everyone else fall...i see that you that youre proud not to be American because what may happen to us for something we didnt do.how can you say that when you dont even know what being American is?..well i know you have heard the saying that ##it runs down hill...what do you thinks gonna happen where you live...your country is prob part of the mess but i bet youre proud to be whatever you are?
edit on 22-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

the everyday people that live here...the people that dont believe in the government and that know what America once was,what it is and will be in the future...the place we can be proud of...if you tske away the corrupt government then this country would still be in everyones eyes the best place to be...it still is in mine because the idea of America overtaked what they are trying to do it...

Let me start of by saying that I'm not an American. But what you are saying applies to most other countries with a rotten government: African countries, Middle East countries etc etc.
The big difference with America and countries run by dictators is that you have a voice. You can, or even must vote.

You feel sorry for yourself, your country and your fellow Americans. You are proud of what you have achieved, and you should be. Just stop telling everyone how great you are.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

if you dont mind...where are you from? and im not going around saying how great we are...im trying to get not just others but Americans to see that there is still something to be proud of...that they dont need to wish they were from another countrry...so if they realize that there is still a America that maybe theyll stop giving up and start to do something about it...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

if you dont mind...where are you from? and im not going around saying how great we are...im trying to get not just others but Americans to see that there is still something to be proud of...that they dont need to wish they were from another countrry...so if they realize that there is still a America that maybe theyll stop giving up and start to do something about it...

I'm from the Netherlands. I was not making a comment directed at you personally. It was a general comment.
From where I stand Americans should be more modest. Somehow Americans need attention wherever they are, and whatever they do. You always try to be the biggest, fastest, meanest or whatever, at any cost, to any extend.
I get annoyed by that. I've been to the US many times (work and vacation) and most people I've met were really cool and not bragging. But there's something lurking in all of you to be better than any stranger. Just saying
No offence!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

thats what makes Americans American...insteas Americans could just say its good enough when they do something...but youre right...Many Americans striv rto try and be the best at what they do...I would think American or not thAt it would be the everyone would want to be no matter what flags hanging off the porch...whats wrong withwanting to be the best at something? thats what made America what it was to begin with...people not just born here but people who came here to be the best they could be...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think I didn't get across what I meant to say. English is not my native language so I lack expression in my sentences.
It's a good thing to be the best at what you do, there's no doubt in that. Yet, somehow, Americans (like Germans btw) will almost start a fight if they can't win. And if they don't win it's always someone elses fault.

Just the other day on TV here, with some crap show called the X-Factor, where future stars *cough* are being discovered there was an American guy amongst the Dutch, forgot his name, that had alot of things going for him. He did get voted out for not being good enough and all of a sudden, the show sucked, the judges were corrupt, he was forced to do a different song, the moon went red, the grass was not green enough etc etc. He, and mom, were pissed, not disappointed as he should be, but truly pissed.

If you can't beat them, ignore them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

the real America is young men and women past and present that have fought for our way of life. that have sacrificed everything in order for us to be here now

Not enough are willing to sacrifice anymore - that is why we have lost control over our own government.
Yes, the principles embodied in our Constitution and Declaration of Independence are a great gift from our forefathers and need to be protected. We have failed miserably.
What would an American from 100 years ago think about our country today? They would ask "what are all these police doing in schools, airports and Federal buildings?" "why do I have to go through an xray machine to travel?" "Why am I being searched without probable cause?" "why was I arrested for refusing to provide identification to a police officer when I committed no crime?".
I could spend all day writing these hypothetical questions.
An American of past generations would not recognize the America of today.
I love my country as much as anyone but am I proud of it?
No, I'm not. We commit far too may international crimes and repress our own population too much for me to say that I'm proud of America.
Freedom in America has never been for everyone - ask any Native American or Black person but contained in our founding documents there has always been the promise of freedom implied. We have made many steps towards universal freedom yet in the last 10 years we have made giant leaps backwards.
How can it be that we were attacked on 9/11 "because they hate our freedoms" yet the response by our government has been to lose more freedom?
We cannot allow government to tell us what our rights are. They didn't give them to us, they are supposed to protect them for us. I say we stop paying their salaries as they are obvious failures.
Pride should be given to those who deserve it; some of the people and very, very few of our "public servants".

Star and flag for speaking straight from your heart,
Too few have the conviction to do that.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

top topics

<<   2 >>

join