It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin slams West for 'medieval crusade'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Doesn’t this guy have some journalists to kill or mouthy FSB agents to poison?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by centurion1211

No, what it's about is the west constantly taking the moral highground when acting in exactly the opposite way.

I care not a jot what the USSR did in the past, nor very much what russia does now.

And so when I do an ATS search with the words "budski" and "soviet" (or "russia"), how many pages of matches do you think I'll get?

Answer: at least 10 pages ...

So if you start out your post with, shall we just call it an "untruth", what should we think about the rest of your post?

Answer: Not much ...

If you'd care to look, you'd see I have no love for the old USSR, or modern day russia - they simply matter very little to me unlike my OWN government and my countries allies who are in fact on a crusade for OIL to support and perpetuate the greed they have made prevalent in our societies.

Nice try, but that option is available to everyone, and they will soon see the lie and attempted smear for the pathetic attempt it truly is - after over 4 years on this site, I've replied to a few posts about russia or the USSR. So what?

I don't notice russia taking the moral highground, talking about freedom and democracy, and then going and murdering hundreds of thousands of people under this very thin pretext.

What I notice is my own countries leaders doing it, and believing that the people they represent are stupid enough to fall for the lies and rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Some people love to use the little bit pregnant argument.

They honestly feel if they can find worse examples of similiar behavior that it makes the bad behavior they are trying to minimize by comparison good behavior!

This is something that doesn't work to well in a court of Law "You honor unlike Jesse James I only robbed 1 bank and not 16, and no trains at all"!

Yet here on ATS combined with a
or a
some imagine this turns a bad argument into a good one.

Go figure.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Now, remind me again, how many wars of aggression RUSSIA has launched in the last 10 years.

Putin is right on the money - the fact that you think he's not, pretty much automatically means he is.

Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya - it's not about democracy, human rights or freedom, if it were, there are many other places under much harsher regimes that need attention.

It's about OIL and MONEY - the 2 headed american neo-con god abbetted by the major deity that is the military industrial complex.

Anyone who puts their contributor status in their sig, has a serious ego problem - so you go right ahead and think you've "won" something if it makes you feel better.

Russia intervened in Georgia, in support of Georgian break-away provinces which stood in solidarity with Russia, but now it comes to Western intervention in support of Libyan separation movements, it suddenly is a crusade? Crusade is per definition the wrong word to use, but the double standards Russia maintains are simply pathetic.

Even more pathetic is your personal anti-Americanism by insinuating Putin is right in saying the West is on a crusade. Russia is the last country that should morally judge others when it comes to these matters.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Nice try, but that option is available to everyone, and they will soon see the lie and attempted smear for the pathetic attempt it truly is - after over 4 years on this site, I've replied to a few posts about russia or the USSR. So what?

The stats ... don't lie ...

I don't notice russia taking the moral highground, talking about freedom and democracy, and then going and murdering hundreds of thousands of people under this very thin pretext.

Only because you are choosing to focus on a very narrow period of history. Likely the only period of russian history you could say that about. Russians have probably killed more of their own people than all the deaths hitler is responsible for.

What I notice is my own countries leaders doing it, and believing that the people they represent are stupid enough to fall for the lies and rhetoric.

And people that idolize other leaders that hardly deserve it. Yep, as they say, there's one born every minute ...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

One question. How is the US playing a "supporting" role. We fired 110 missiles on the first night. Great Britan fired 2.
edit on 22-3-2011 by obelisk2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Nope you lie - it's very easy to talk about "stats". Try reading the threads.

Like I keep saying, Putin is spot on, in this regard.

It's a crusade about oil and greed - it really is that simple.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Only because you are choosing to focus on a very narrow period of history. Likely the only period of russian history you could say that about. Russians have probably killed more of their own people than all the deaths hitler is responsible for.

Moreso when you consider that the 1932 riots in Ukraine led the largely Russia Soviet government to deport ethnic minorities from places like Ukraine, Lithuania, Lativa, Kazakhstan etcetera in order to drown out nationalists movements and put local ethnically Russian burecrats in charge. A number of the more dramatic regional conflicts, including South Ossetian war, have their roots in this ethnic friction.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Now, remind me again, how many wars of aggression RUSSIA has launched in the last 10 years.

Putin is right on the money - the fact that you think he's not, pretty much automatically means he is.

Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya - it's not about democracy, human rights or freedom, if it were, there are many other places under much harsher regimes that need attention.

It's about OIL and MONEY - the 2 headed american neo-con god abbetted by the major deity that is the military industrial complex.

Anyone who puts their contributor status in their sig, has a serious ego problem - so you go right ahead and think you've "won" something if it makes you feel better.

Russia intervened in Georgia, in support of Georgian break-away provinces which stood in solidarity with Russia, but now it comes to Western intervention in support of Libyan separation movements, it suddenly is a crusade? Crusade is per definition the wrong word to use, but the double standards Russia maintains are simply pathetic.

Even more pathetic is your personal anti-Americanism by insinuating Putin is right in saying the West is on a crusade. Russia is the last country that should morally judge others when it comes to these matters.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

OK, what about ALL those countries where intervention is needed, but not forthcoming?

How is it that there is only intervention in countries with oil or other resources?

Putin might be a thug and an idiot at times, but in this instance he is spot on.

I haven't "insinuated" anything - I have come straight out and said it - if that in your mind equals your usual "anti-american" strawman, then so be it, but that argument is older and about as meaningfull as bush's claims of WMD's in Iraq.

It's a typical and rather stupid argument of those who think their country can do no wrong - I have stated WESTERN governments on several occasions, and I include my own - but hey, just cos you're paranoid, it doesn't mean someone ISN'T out to get you

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by budski

Some people love to use the little bit pregnant argument.

They honestly feel if they can find worse examples of similiar behavior that it makes the bad behavior they are trying to minimize by comparison good behavior!

This is something that doesn't work to well in a court of Law "You honor unlike Jesse James I only robbed 1 bank and not 16, and no trains at all"!

Yet here on ATS combined with a
or a
some imagine this turns a bad argument into a good one.

Go figure.

As I posted above, Putin might be a thug and a bit of an idiot at times, but this time he got it spot on.

I'm not overly concerned about what other countries do, it's up to their electorates to judge, but I do care what is done in my name and that has to include our alleged allies as well.

Georgia, as well know here, was a completely different kettle of fish - but some will use anything to deflect, deny or simply spread disinfo.

Sometimes, I am ashamed of my country's leaders, especially when it comes to resource grabs.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I understand your reasoning, and your points - I just don't buy into that particular NWO conspiracy.

If we are to move forwards as a species, then a single world government is inevitable at some point - the only argument is about the political system it works under.

edit on 22/3/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

You have been on ATS for at least one year more then me, yet say "I just don't buy...."

What exactly do you buy? Here watch these videos and then thank me:

Granted a one world government may be inevitable but why would anyone want a SATANIC NWO

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

There's your problem.

You actually believe ATS thread content (especially your own
) over statistics and documented history.

You're not in charge of anything or anyone or running for elected office are you? God, I hope not!

And psssst! I'm not the one caught in a lie in a previous post on this very thread ...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I've seen those vids before - and I still don't buy it.

No offense, but I don't really believe in mythical biblical figures either, given that the bible has been re-written on more than one occasion, not to mention editted to suit those present at the various ecumenical councils of constantinople.

Nor do I believe that the queen of england is a reptile, the devil, the head of a stanic cult or behind the bankers - most of that bull came from david icke, with no proof.

Membership of ATS does require that I believe everything that everyone else does.

No offense man, that's your thing, and I don't really have any issues with it, I simply choose to follow a different path in my time here.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

There's your problem.

You actually believe ATS thread content (especially your own
) over statistics and documented history.

You're not in charge of anything or anyone or running for elected office are you? God, I hope not!

And psssst! I'm not the one caught in a lie in a previous post on this very thread ...

Yeah, you are.
You're also a troll who has done his best to derail this thread.

BUT, I repeat, Putin is spot on this time - he may not get it right very often, but this time he was right on the mark.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Membership of ATS does require that I believe everything that everyone else does.

^^^^^

Further evidence for what I just posted above ...

2nd - or does this count as the 3rd?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

^^^^^

Further evidence for what I just posted above ...

2nd - or does this count as the 3rd?

Further evidence of what?

That I don't buy into that particular conspiracy theory?

You really have to stop trolling, and get back on topic - this isn't about me, this is about what Putin said.

AGAIN, Putin was bang on the moey this time.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Putin slams West for 'medieval crusade'

www.news.com.au

"To me, it resembles some sort of medieval call to crusade when someone would appeal to someone to go to a certain place and free someone else."

That's called lending a hand in today's parlance...

what an ass
edit on 22-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Honestly I think Putin is just being an ass...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Fair enough - I happen to think he is spot on.

I don't really care about his motivations, or choice of words - the fact is that despite people being slaughtered all throughout Africa, and some eastern countries, western allies only ever choose to intervene when there is black gold at stake.

So forgive me if I take all this nonsense about "democracy" and "freedom" with a pinch of salt - if that were truly the case, then Saudi would not be the wests biggest ally in the area, and it is, despite it being the source of one of the most extreme forms of Islam, and having one of the most repugnant judicial systems on the planet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by budski

Honestly I think Putin is just being an ass...

Yes, and like Putin often does - likes to yell, "Hey, remember me (russia). We're big players, too." whenever he thinks the world has forgotten about russia and moved on to more relevant issues. Taken with Putin's posed photo ops, etc. it could be some some sort of macho thing.

In this case, Putin is also being quite hypocritical considering the russian/soviet track record of invading other countries and killing their civilians - even if they've been too poor to do so much of it over the last 10 years.

edit on 3/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join