It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin slams West for 'medieval crusade'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by centurion1211

Not to speak of their little adventure in Georgia - I don't see how that was any different from the Western intervention in Libya.

Excellent point. I'd already forgotten about that.

Clear and recent illustration of russian hypocrisy.

you make it sound as though what happened in Georgia was the same as what is happening in Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq but Russia has not launched a war thousands of miles from their homeland.

It's a stupid strawman argument designed to deflect and discredit rather than address the issue at hand - which is that western countries ARE on a crusade - a crusade to control the oil so that they can keep themselves in the style they have become accustomed to.
It's all about GREED, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Not to speak of their little adventure in Georgia - I don't see how that was any different from the Western intervention in Libya.

you make it sound as though what happened in Georgia was the same as what is happening in Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq but Russia has not launched a war thousands of miles from their homeland.

It's a stupid strawman argument designed to deflect and discredit rather than address the issue at hand - which is that western countries ARE on a crusade - a crusade to control the oil so that they can keep themselves in the style they have become accustomed to.

What does distance have to do with the issue? That's the strawman issue and you brought it up. You saying a U.S. attack on mexico would be OK - just because it's closer?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I'm saying that there is a huge difference between protecting your borders, and launching a war of aggression on the flimsiest of pretxts, as the US has done time and time again, just so the military industrial complex can feed off the public teat.

If a burglar comes onto your property, you have certain rights - if you walk across town and shoot someone in the face you have none.

The US is in the business of walking across town and shooting people in the face - Putin has it absolutely spot on.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'm saying that there is a huge difference between protecting your borders, and launching a war of aggression on the flimsiest of pretxts, as the US has done time and time again, just so the military industrial complex can feed off the public teat.

If a burglar comes onto your property, you have certain rights - if you walk across town and shoot someone in the face you have none.

The US is in the business of walking across town and shooting people in the face - Putin has it absolutely spot on.

I'm missing something huge then.

Wasn't aware that either Afghanistan or Georgia had come across Russia's borders. Wasn't aware that Hungary and the other Warsaw Pact countries had either.

But that didn't stop russians from going across those countries borders ...

Your original argument is spurious. And you can't rescue it with posts such as the above.

Wise old saying; if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yes, as usual, you are missing something huge.

Even more laughable is your WW2 allusion, which was under a completely different political system - notice how under the current system the warsaw pact no longer applies? Or did you miss that one on fox news

Like I said, Putin is spot on - certain western countries behave as if they have the right to do anything they want - they might dress it up under different guises, but it's all about OIL and GREED.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree. It IS a religious conspiracy; nephellim versus elohim.

Mainstream religion does NOT make it clear that both the nephellim and elohim are alien entities, invoked by lucifer and adonai respectively, either to control the universe or as some higher experiment done by god.

That is in large part because these accounts are fictional and don't represent the greater truths regarding life and the universe we live in.

For starters the planet itself is a living entity with a life force and conscious of it's own and we are frankly nothing but parasitical working parts of it.

While to a certain extent there exists a perennial battle between light and darkness, nothing and something, life and death, etc., etc., the fables woven by man for man, are all about some men controlling other men through getting them to accept their interpretation of life and the universe.

Prophecy, astrology, religion all work hand in hand to create and construct a reality to act as an organizing back drop and to a certain degree a prison to capture the spirit, imagination and heart in, to effectively create a false path that leads to service for those who construct and concoct these wild tales, but also to place blinders on us from the much larger truths that surround us we have been taught through these constructs to be numb and oblivious too.

In the end it's all designed to make the individual feel week and small, confused, in need of guidance and direction, and tragically doomed to some utter and abject failure if they fail to adhere to the path created and constructed for them by men who simply understand the vagaries of the human condition and emotion.

If you want to know the nature of our universe you won't find it looking externally in books and sermons and relics and icons and symbols, you will find it safely tucked away inside your own mind.

The very one place they don't want you too look, the very one place you have been taught not to trust, the very one place you have the least faith in and hope for at all.

I love this planet; it's a mental health workers wet dream!

edit on 22/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Yup.. Medev does... Surprisingly, Medev took Putin to task for his comments..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No it's you. I'm exposing a HUGE example of hypocrisy by putin.

Even more laughable is your WW2 allusion, which was under a completely different political system - notice how under the current system the warsaw pact no longer applies? Or did you miss that one on fox news

Aren't you one of the people posting here that misses the old "glory days" of the soviet union? Hint: no one else misses them.

Like I said, Putin is spot on - certain western countries behave as if they have the right to do anything they want - they might dress it up under different guises, but it's all about OIL and GREED.

I know it says otherwise in the Communist Manifesto, but repeating false information does not make it true, no matter how many times you do it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is Putin paying 4 dollars a gallon? No i did not think so. Screw it i say we bomb them into the stone age and take their oil that was supposed to be the plan for Iraq but that turned out to be ANOTHER bad conspiracy theory. And besides if we bombed them into the stone age that would be a huge leap forward for them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It's actually a very simple premise, you can't control people, but you can control their environment and that is what a handful of people are effectively trying to do and do.

Make us all dependent upon their systems for food, commerce, energy, and all the things you need to sustain modern urban life.

Control the infrastructure and distribution networks and control the resources that flow through them down to the people.

Create the rules and the systems in which they can obtain some of these resources.

Rid the world of independent farmers, energy sources, and communal systems that can self sustain themselves, by making the systems global, and acquiring everything any nation might need to self sustain themselves.

Their control is based on control of the resources, it's not about the wealth that they create, in order to make a functioning system where you can then after following their rules and laboring at the things they want you to obtain some of those resources.

It's about the dictatorial process of being at the top of the food chain and ordering the world and controlling it to your liking and satisfaction.

Make everyone dependent, give them less and less, demand from them more and more, sieze the day, rule the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No it's you. I'm exposing a HUGE example of hypocrisy by putin.

Aren't you one of the people posting here that misses the old "glory days" of the soviet union? Hint: no one else misses them.

I know it says otherwise in the Communist Manifesto, but repeating false information does not make it true, no matter how many times you do it.

I miss nothing - I expect the world to move forwards, not backwards.

I don't give a stuff for the USSR, or russia particularly, but tell me how many unwarranted wars of aggression has Putin engaged in, in the last 10 years?
Georgia doesn't really count, if you are honest with yourself,as they were protecting not only their own borders, but also russian citizens - although I doubt that will be the case. Your type tries to spin everything to your own agenda.

And let's not forget that your favourite russian medvedev also backed the retaliatory measures, saying:

"In accordance with the constitution and the federal law, I, as president of Russia, am obliged to protect the lives and dignity of Russian citizens wherever they are located," Mr Medvedev said in televised remarks. "We won't allow the death of our compatriots to go unpunished."

source

Again, Putin is spot on - we are now engaged in acts of war against 3 mideast countries, rich in oil and resources - coincidence?
I think not - but you go right ahead and climb on the faux news bandwagon...
edit on 22/3/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Georgia doesn't really count, if you are honest with yourself,as they were protecting not only their own borders, but also russian citizens - although I doubt that will be the case. Your type tries to spin everything to your own agenda.

So, using your logic, the U.S. would be justified to attack mexico because American citizens have been killed there.

Again, Putin is spot on - we are now engaged in acts of war against 3 mideast countries, rich in oil and resources - coincidence?

And the purpose of the russian invasion of Afghanistan was to move russia closer to its historical goal of getting "warm water ports". Still hypocritical for putin to say this, especially considering putin's own offer to send troops to Afghanistan.

I think not - but you go right ahead and climb on the faux news bandwagon...

And finally a reference to Fox News? I must be winning this debate.

edit on 3/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

East vs West is a false dichotomy my friend. In reality we had two eco-political systems EACH trying to influence its own member states and the opposing member states and each claiming to be "the best for mankind". Neither communism nor capitalism works because both are EXTREME systems of control.

Since the fall of the soviet union and the Warsaw Pact, both russia and china have become capitalists themselves. Now its no longer a "battle of systems" rather it has emerged as a "battle of resources" between friends and enemies alike. Since both russia and china are super-powers they continue to team up against "the west" probably because they feel inferior to america and need all the help they can get...at least that is the mainstream version of history.

You would be suprised to find out that all three world wars have been planned out at least one hundred years in advance. You might say how is that possible? Well if you believe in secret societies, such as the illuminati, it makes perfect sense that everything is indeed controlled:

From www.threeworldwars.com...

Very few outsiders know about the intimate plans of Albert Pike and the architects of the New World Order. In the 19th Century Albert Pike established a framework for bringing about the One World Order. Based on a vision revealed to him, Albert Pike wrote a blueprint of events that would play themselves out in the 20th century, with even more of these events yet to come. It is this blueprint which we believe unseen leaders are following today, knowingly or not, to engineer the planned Third and Final World War.

It is no coincidence that darkness thrives in secrecy, just like its no coincidence that the illuminati is an extension of masonry. Masonry provides the foundations for the great babylonian conspiracy and for many other conspiracies as well. I suggest you read about Albert Pike and Giusseppe Mazzini.

You might say its terribly complex: aliens, god, satan, masonry, illuminatti, nephelim, elohim, reptillians, draconians, zionism, mainstream religions, greys, pleadians, rome, etc. Yes and no. You just have to realise what role each plays......

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Russia didn't attack afghanistan, the USSR did - is that so very hard for you to understand?

Now, remind me again, how many wars of aggression RUSSIA has launched in the last 10 years.

Putin is right on the money - the fact that you think he's not, pretty much automatically means he is.

Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya - it's not about democracy, human rights or freedom, if it were, there are many other places under much harsher regimes that need attention.

It's about OIL and MONEY - the 2 headed american neo-con god abbetted by the major deity that is the military industrial complex.

Anyone who puts their contributor status in their sig, has a serious ego problem - so you go right ahead and think you've "won" something if it makes you feel better.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I understand your reasoning, and your points - I just don't buy into that particular NWO conspiracy.

If we are to move forwards as a species, then a single world government is inevitable at some point - the only argument is about the political system it works under.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Russia didn't attack afghanistan, the USSR did - is that so very hard for you to understand?

No one really sees much difference. the same people that ran the soviet union are the same people running russia.

Now, remind me again, how many wars of aggression RUSSIA has launched in the last 10 years.

It only takes ten years to wash away the russian/soviet crimes against humanity perpetrated for almost a century? No.

Putin is right on the money - the fact that you think he's not, pretty much automatically means he is.

Foolish statement. I could easily be reversed to say: the fact that you think he's right, pretty much automatically means he isn't - and so proves nothing.

Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya - it's not about democracy, human rights or freedom, if it were, there are many other places under much harsher regimes that need attention.

Your one factual statement so far.
Under the current plan, the U.S. should also be showering Syria, Yemen, Bahrain and Iran with missiles and bombs for killing their own people for peacefully protesting.

It's about OIL and MONEY - the 2 headed american neo-con god abbetted by the major deity that is the military industrial complex.

Even if I were to accept your premise, and I don't, then you are in effect saying war for oil is bad, but war for warm water ports is good. It's still about MONEY.

Anyone who puts their contributor status in their sig, has a serious ego problem - so you go right ahead and think you've "won" something if it makes you feel better.

Clear sign you are losing is when you start the personal insults. It means you are now intellectually bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No, what it's about is the west constantly taking the moral highground when acting in exactly the opposite way.

I care not a jot what the USSR did in the past, nor very much what russia does now.

What I care about is the blatant hypocrisy of those in charge of MY country and those in charge of our alleged allies, going around the world starting wars simply for the enrichment of the relative few, and using tha tazpayers money to start wars that the people do now agree with.

I care nothing for what other nations or their allies do, I care only about my nation and her allies.

The rank hypocrisy is sickening, and even more sickening is that warmongering idiots support it, thinking it is a "good thing" that hundreds of thousands are killed in the name of democracy, when the actual reason for their deaths is western GREED.

Your strawman argument about what did which to whom at which point of history is absurd, solves nothing and just paints a picture of you as someone who will excuse ANYTHING done in your name, as long as a bit of pathetic flag waving or "patriotism" or "defending freedom" is bandied around.

What the USSR or Russia did in the past is immaterial, it is what my country is doing NOW, right this very minute that is the issue, and all the silly strawmen in the world won't change that one iota.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No, what it's about is the west constantly taking the moral highground when acting in exactly the opposite way.

I care not a jot what the USSR did in the past, nor very much what russia does now.

And so when I do an ATS search with the words "budski" and "soviet" (or "russia"), how many pages of matches do you think I'll get?

Answer: at least 10 pages ...

So if you start out your post with, shall we just call it an "untruth", what should we think about the rest of your post?

Answer: Not much ...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
USA doesn't give a rats ass about libya. The only reason they went along with the plan was to repay the brits and french the favor for helping them attack iraq and afghanistan. The american president did not say this directly but it is taken for granted imo and that is why they are playing a supportive role rather than a leading role.

Nevermind the fact that USA has a $12+ trillion deficit. Wake up people and stop blaming america and Israel for everything. It has nothing to do with nationalities and everything to do with money, money, money AND CONTROL!

How are you going to sell weapons if peace becomes reality? Isn't that why the ATF allows mexican drug lords to be armed with ak-47s...to maintain instability?! Crazy world we live in and the insanity will continue until we leave this wretched planet to settle somewhere else.
edit on 22-3-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

OOPS! Make that a $14+ Trillion National Debt. Gross Debt to GDP about 97.3%
The National deficit is about $1.5 Trillion.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It looks like Putin knows the "buzz word"......Crusade.

Nice try Vladimir. It won't work.
I wonder why he is causing trouble over Libya? Did Qaddafi cut him a check?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join