It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Plane Crashes in Libya, Crew Safe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

LONDON (AP) - A U.S. military jet crashed in Libya after an equipment malfunction but its two crewmembers ejected and are safe, the U.S. military said Tuesday Vince Crawley, a spokesman for the Africa Command, says both sustained minor injuries and were separated because they used parachutes to eject from the F-15E Strike Eagle jet at high altitudes, ending up in different areas.

This could spell bad news as it was stated that mechanical failure was the cause of the crash! They are very lucky they got away from that! Thanks to the rebels they are now safe!

www.myfoxphoenix.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Here is the pic

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Thanks to the rebels they are now safe!

Which Rebels ? Al Qaeda?

Libya: the West and al-Qaeda on the same side

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Here is the pic

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Thanks to the rebels they are now safe!

Which Rebels ? Al Qaeda?

Libya: the West and al-Qaeda on the same side

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Thanks for posting the pic
I couldn't because I'm using my phone! And the rebels are everyone who is against Gadaffi

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Old 1970's jet. Can't be too surprised.

Why didn't the ECM work though? Hmmm.

Probably those SA-5 Gammons the Russians sold them. I don't know of the Libyans having anything better.
Wiki SA-5

And check this out, an detailed run down on Libyan Air Defense. IMINT + Analysis

Although we should have expected the limited SAM batteries would have been taken out by the first wave of strikes. So it could be a personal portable SAM system like the 9K32 Strela-2 aka SA-7.

BUT, Rumor is that Libya may have gotten a hold of some SA-20 systems from Russia, although I have not seen any confirmation of these claims. S-300PMU -1/2

War is no joke. Especially when your enemy may have some behind the doors purchases of things like that S-300 system. Maybe this is the confirmation they indeed have a few S-300 systems? It's possible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I just saw on the MSM they are claiming this was due to "equipment malfunction" and trying to hide the fact it's most likely a win for the Libyan Air Defense systems.

I can't believe the arrogance and cover up. It's an old jet (F-15) it's not that big of a surprise, especially if they have a few S-300 systems operational.

It's not like we lost a B-1 or any stealth jets (B-2, F-22 etc). I don't see the need to attempt and downplay or lie about this really.

Anyways look at it like this.

100's of jets fly in and bomb you, and you knock down 1 or 2 jets. A small victory perhaps, but overall you still lose the war dismally. A Pyhrric Victory...
edit on 22-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
No match for those slingshot camel launchers .
At this rate the war could end early as America goes broke .

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join