It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens would you accept them ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Interesting conversation.

I have to admit that I would be absolutely terrified at their arrival, especially if they came in giant spacecraft, and it would take quite a bit of convincing for me to finally feel at ease with them. I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone else feeling this way initially, and I think that calling such a reaction 'war-like' (ignorant maybe) is wrong; fear of the unknown is normal to the human animal, it's our ability to adjust and make the best of new situations that defines us as human beings.

But if they have a holodeck I'll be the best damn buddy they ever had.

-Chris.
edit on 29-3-2011 by crispy66 because: wording

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown21
if we did get told there was aliens out there would you accept them here on earth ? maybe the goverment think alot of people wouldnt and this is why were not getting told about them. lets see how many posts this get and how many people would accept them. if you looking at this post and are not registered to ats then sign up to put your view on this
edit on 22-3-2011 by unknown21 because: few grammer mistakes lol

If they've been here doing their own thing - and leaving us be - not hurting or damaging our enviroment/world - why not?

Hell, i'd even be up for it if they looked like slugs with tentacles and big teeth. Becuase they more than likely wont give a damn about all the little things that seems to set us off so. IE war's starting over differences of opinion, because people look different, or live different lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hmm, wrong question, it should be:

Humans, would aliens accept them?

alien rookie : "OMG, did you see that?, they're killing eachother!"
alien commander : "Yep, been like that for ages, must be something wrong with their brain, this is the most agressive species we've ever seen."
alien rookie : "can't we help them?"
alien commander : "well, we're doing some medical experiments on them from time to time", "we tried to contact them but they keep shooting at us, in 1947 they shot down my uncle in Roswell an cut him up in little pieces."
alien rookie "Waw, So, what now?"
alien commander :"mehh, let's wait a little longer, at this rate they will exterminate each other by the end of the century, I'm thinking of moving in here with my wife and 1253 kids."

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Textreply to post by Morrel

Nice -

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It would be very interesting to speak with a friendly alien of course, it would be brilliant for us I should imagine it would be quite boring for them
like having to explain the theory of relativity to a 3 year old
but i doubt it would work out well. Who is to say the will be any different in character to us, they have had to become the dominate force on their planet, top of the food chain. People presume they will be "advanced and benevolent" Yeah right

But I do get funny pictures in my mind thinking about it
Imagine if they landed in America
would they have to go through TSA and a full body scan or pat down every time they wanted to get back on their ship?
Imagine if it was the Niburu and they demanded gold, the Rothschild's would really * it then lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would accept them with caution at first and see what their intention is at first. After I see what they are all about then yeah most def would like to speak with them and learn from them. I don't think they need to come to our planet and help us with our problems but they can sure come and show us things that would perhaps make things better. It def has to be our choice tho. So im just waiting and seeing what they gonna do.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown21

I think one thing we are not considering here is not acceptance of one alien race but perhaps hundreds maybe thousands i mean look at life on earth so many different species and walks of life not only in the animal kingdom but with humans too we have many different cultures here, so i think the problem with disclosure at the moment might be the complexity of all that is going on in the universe. We might have alien races battling one another and who are we to say whos right or wrong what side we would be on should we vote or let our world leaders decide? so many questions it boggles the mind. If an alien culture was advanced enough to cross galaxys to reach us would acceptance be an issue or a givin out of fear I think the latter.

I cant wait till were out of the dark but i dont fear death i embrace it as a part of life so whatever may come good or bad i just desire to know and understand.
edit on 30-3-2011 by takemetourleader because: typo

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
some of these replys are very intresting but most of the people that have commented on this thread would accept them as long as there intensions were good the good thing to come from it is if we were told there here and we was in contact with them i think the world could become a better place and cleaner because there smarter than us so they could teach us how to be cleaner and better in the world it is quite obvius they either care about us or this earth

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown21
if we did get told there was aliens out there would you accept them here on earth ? maybe the goverment think alot of people wouldnt and this is why were not getting told about them. lets see how many posts this get and how many people would accept them. if you looking at this post and are not registered to ats then sign up to put your view on this
edit on 22-3-2011 by unknown21 because: few grammer mistakes lol

Accept them? Unconditionally? without knowing a thing about them? and let them move in?

Nope, not for a second and neither should you.

Life is the way it is on Earth because we have learned that everything has a vested interest in its own survival and if said survival comes at the expence of others, so be it. I doubt any of our stellar neighbors are that much different from us in that regard.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nah we already got too many bloody foreigners here in the UK, last thing we need is people coming here from other planets too. Mind you if they are anything as stupid they wont find us, will probably crash into the moon or land in swamp and get stuck.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I would have said yes, long ago. But seeing how immigration is handled worldwide, we would be on the brink of seeing our civilization change in ways unexpected, and not at all for our own good.

It happened to all small civilizations that met a bigger one right here on Earth...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Depends on what they look like, how shady they and their methods are, ETC. If they pull a 'When mars attacks' on us, I'll have my shotgun ready.

(for those of us not up to date on our 90's sci fi flicks, the aliens in WMA displayed signs saying WE COME IN PEACE then pull lasers on the crowd.)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm afraid if aliens are out there "acceptance", "friendship", "faith" and all those other petty beautiful human concepts are not gonna be a useful tool. Precisely because they won't be human and they might have developed other "ethics"...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Would we except them? In which way? All I can think of is "Guess Who Coming For Dinner?"
I mean would you let them marry your daughter?

If the Space Aliens moved next door would the property value go down?

Seriously, would I trust them ..."No" Would I be curious about them "Yes"...but I am starting to think disclosure will never happen in my live-time...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Would I accept aliens if they just showed up on Earth? I'd more than likely almost have a heart attack first. I think it all depends on the why they're here, honestly. I find images of grays highly frightening and even friendly grays (if those were the ones showing up) would take a while before I'd be able to accept them.

Now, I think the more important question is how we, as the human race, accept them? Friendly or not if they get here and want to be friends and we end up attacking them, I don't assume that they'd stay friendly very long.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i accept them/us by default...we are family

all souls are from/of God

remember?

you will

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I would, I'd be terrified regardless of their intentions personally I think a little fear of a superior being is healthy.

Looking at it objectively though. I really don't think the population as a large entity could. We can;t even accept our fellow man yet, we live in a world of prejudice and judgement. While I understand not everyone is like that I can't help thinking it'd cause a problem. We have to move beyond this current state and come together as a singular race with common purpose before we'll ever be near ready to join other civilisations.

Just my view

Thanks by the way I never tire of talking about this subject!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Seeing that they have/had the technology to travel to other planets and galaxies, I would have to say that it would be in our best interest to accept them. We are a primitive species.

There are an infinate amount of stars and other galaxies, some of those stars and galaxies are probably billions and billions years older than ours, any life form in these other galaxies would probably have technology that us humans have not even began to think of.

Any kind of uprising of man would be quickly smashed and our leaders destroyed before our eyes. Resistance would be futile.

IT WOULD BE WISE TO ACCEPT THEM.
edit on 6-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
if they were peaceful then why not? it would be time for humanity to grow up and accept that were not alone.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I would accept them, purely because of the knowledge they may hold of our solar system and the universe and the posibilities that may arise with technological advance (if they provide). But, if they are "real" then i'd most likely want to meet them wearing a radioation suit of sorts. We all know what happened when Britain settled North Amerca, bye bye most the natives. I dont want there viruses :\

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join