It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens would you accept them ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yea, I have already pondered the questions about it though. Some people never think about extraterrestrials, so if they turned out to be real it would panic them when they started thinking about the ramifications of that truth.

"What? Mr. President your saying we are pretty much at the mercy of an advanced extraterrestrial civilization?"

A bunch of people immediately can't handle it and don't feel secure on their own planet anymore and there is a rash of suicides and then of course there's the whole religious freakout as the whole world grows up a little, frighteningly emerging from its little shell of a planet called Earth to very alive and very real universe. Growing pains.

Yea maybe it should be hushed up from those people a little.

edit: I'm not saying I believe it one way or another, but think about how staggering that is. Truly the most important question anyone here on this planet could ask.
edit on 22-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown21

Sadly humans are a violent and destructive race. It is in their nature to destroy what they dont understand or agree with. most humans assume that contact with an alien species would become hostile. when is the last time Hollywood put out a "friendly" alien movie? E.T? Starman?. Most species not from this planet are put in a most negative light. If you were an "alien" would you drive on up and say hello? Probably not.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown21
what do you mean by this i dont understand could you explain ?

Ok, will risk sounding insane I guess, but I can't say much because I've just been dealing with it recently and I'm not sure if it's more of a personal psychological problem or something that's common across many people.

Basically, altered states (not just drugs.) sometimes give access to parts of who I am that I'd forgotten. But sometimes it's really hard to get back to a normal state of mind with those memories/experiences/perceptions/awareness, etc. A conflict starts after the memories come back, or the part where I'm shown something by someone/something, then I usually remember the conflict instead of the important part. So it's like going into a different awareness and when I get there I know I've been there many times before, but getting back to a normal state without having my head filled with other crap is a struggle. (Occultists/people who do Magick, Shamanism, etc, should be able to relate to this as having to 'ground', or 'earth' the experience.)

So what's causing the conflict/struggle? It's either me having psychological issues (A thought that too many people in this field don't like to even touch with a bargepole, and which in turn causes massive amounts of confusion.) or there's different levels of awareness we can get to, or return to, but grounding that awareness back in reality is a struggle, either because we're not personally ready, or because some type of control system (which could be anything from Angels, Demons, Spirits, God, Goddess, Aliens, Karma, etc, etc.) decides we're not ready yet.

edit : sorry, I'm not wanting to derail the thread with this problem, am done with it for now. If anyone wants to go further into it maybe make another thread or something. I'll eventually make one myself I think, but have to do research first.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Putting aside all the "If's" and "But's" that could be tossed around in a debate like this, my baseline answer would be absolutely I would welcome them. I am fascinated by other cultures on THIS planet. Would love to know how things work on other planets. Of course you're asking a lot of a world still full of bigots against religion, sexual preferance, race... can you imagine if a species from another planet came on the scene ...?!

As an added thought, I wonder sometimes, if aliens have made contact and the government is hiding it from us, it concerns me that the people these aliens are doing business with are the people we trust the least

Or, if aliens have been here but have not made contact, can you blame them? We can't even accept and respect each other as human beings.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SalemsLot
Or, if aliens have been here but have not made contact, can you blame them? We can't even accept and respect each other as human beings.

Maybe think of it like this : if we're eventually going to be a part of something bigger, where there's all types of different species from other places in the universe, then in the back of our minds we know they're out there but we're cut off from them. So a lot of the problems we have might stem from us knowing on some conscious level (really faintly conscious.) that we're still in an early development stage, but not having the awareness yet to be able progress past that. So maybe it's doubtful that truly intelligent Aliens would see our problems as a reason not to contact us.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

if aliens have been here but have not made contact

This doesn't sufficiently say "Hello"?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I welcome them but have conditions.

1. They don't procreate with human females.
2. Their numbers will be controlled as to not to exceed a certain number.

Pizza and beer.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

if aliens have been here but have not made contact

This doesn't sufficiently say "Hello"?

Not sure about a full scale "hello", but in regards to all the sightings/pictures/videos I would say that our governments are working a lot harder to hide the aliens, then the aliens are trying to hide themselves.
Dammit I wish they would just say hello, or live long and prosper, or may the force be with you, or something! LOL

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I would have to start by saying that It depended on what they were here to do help or hurt us, if they were here to help us then i'll be here with open arms but if their intent was to cause some kind of harm then I would befriend them to find out their goals for us!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I would accept them ofcourse. To me whether thier is any or not isnt the question, i really dont care Its all about how you live life. And treat people/lifeforms

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Maybe think of it like this : if we're eventually going to be a part of something bigger, where there's all types of different species from other places in the universe, then in the back of our minds we know they're out there but we're cut off from them. So a lot of the problems we have might stem from us knowing on some conscious level (really faintly conscious.) that we're still in an early development stage, but not having the awareness yet to be able progress past that. So maybe it's doubtful that truly intelligent Aliens would see our problems as a reason not to contact us.

I love it when someone gives me a new perspective, or in this case maybe more perception, on topics like this.
Very insightful, I like it. Leads down a whole different road of thought, like if they are more advanced intellectually then it would stand to reason that they wouldn't interfere or "introduce" themselves knowing that we still have some barriers to overcome as a species before we can grasp the concept of being part of galactic community. Specifically in this case, accepting that not only are we not as advanced as we think, but we're babies on the universal time scale of species.
It's so frustrating when you just want to KNOW, I just want to know!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I would accept them and hope they give technology. I want to see the universe and explorations of other planets in videos and images that they've recorded as well as human recordings of other planets and stuff. I'd probably just stay on earth and watch all the stuff online

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I would absolutely relish the chance to sit down and talk with one of the. I certainly wouldn't expect them to begin baby sitting us, though sometimes I think that's exactly what we need. But just imagine for a moment the questions you would ask. Man what an amazing thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's so frustrating when you just want to KNOW, I just want to know!!!

I think it's got to the point that if you research enough and have enough patience, you can start getting insights into how things might work, and bits and pieces start falling into place. Maybe 'they' help our minds slowly come around to the idea in certain ways, or something inside of us does that part, or even both work together. Just a shame that it isn't happening for the public at large, but if they're not looking for it enough, then maybe it just isn't time yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If they were benevolent, then absolutely I'd welcome and accept them. Seriously, I think that would be so refreshing. I'm of tired of dealing with humans who think so a$$-backward and operate their minds in a box. I want to talk with more-evolved beings--human or otherwise. See if their own societies have/had wars and dogma, illness, prejudice, reality television, etc., and how they resolve these things. What advice would they have for us. What do they know about our planet's history, and that of other off-world civilizations. Get knowledge on how to create a more healthy, peaceful and harmonious planet.

It would just be so very cool to have visits from off-world beings. Just to see what they look like and how they operate. It could be like seeing a long-lost cousin you've heard stories about all your life and you finally get to meet them and connect. What a wonderful thing it would be getting to know another type of being in the family of life--one that we could potentially communicate with. Can't talk to a dog or cat about why there's violence in the world or discuss quantum theory. (The dog's eyes glaze over and it bores the #(%$ out of the cat.)

-Rion

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would accept aliens pretty much the same way I accept people from other cultures. I wouldn't have a lot to do with them, complain about how bad they smell, and occasionally visit one of their restaurants for something different and interesting to eat. As long as they paid with good money, or made something I might want to buy, I got no problems with aliens. Capitalism is the great equalizer, even for outer space people.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown21
if we did get told there was aliens out there would you accept them here on earth ? maybe the goverment think alot of people wouldnt and this is why were not getting told about them. lets see how many posts this get and how many people would accept them. if you looking at this post and are not registered to ats then sign up to put your view on this
edit on 22-3-2011 by unknown21 because: few grammer mistakes lol

I have already accepted them.

Once you know something exists, how do you not accept it?

It would be like you or i not accepting the fact that leaves grow on trees, or not accepting that wind exists, or not accepting that dinosaurs once ruled the earth, and that some still walk [and swim] the Earth.
Not accepting that a spoonful of clear water from a pond is teeming with (see "saturated") with life, even though we can look through a microscope and see it to be true.,

It would define ignorance.

Once you "Know" something,
you really have no choice but to accept it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Depends:

- If they looked humaniod... were female, hot and maybe even had a third boob or 4th hole. I will volunteer for the worlds first intergalactic mating program

Honestly if the were anything like Ridley's aliens or even grays as a human I would be a little xenophobic. I wouldn't out right trust in beings that keep themselves secret. I would worry about their agenda. I would accept it but I wouldn't like it. I think the prospect of ET life however I wouldn't act like naive kindergartner accepting the candy for the man in a trench coat with a grey van. I would be weary and try to learn more about them. Trust is earned.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelknives52

Could never get my head around the whole third boob thing. I'd be cool with bigger eyes though. Not huge, but bigger would be cool.

edit : agreed with your 2nd paragraph too, well said.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I would accept them. No big deal to me honestly. From Earth or not of Earth I keep to myself anyways. Just don't try to kill me or i'll get mad human or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join