It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannibal Lector on PCP?!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In a chilling videotaped confession, Marc V. Sappington, cited "voices in his head", told him to eat flesh and blood which led him to murder 3 victims and even "fry" up some of one victims leg because he didn't want to eat it raw.

This guy needs to be put away for a long long time.....

Cannibal Story

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- A man accused of killing three Kansas City, Kan., men in 2001 told investigators in a videotaped confession that voices in his head told him he would die if he didn't eat human flesh.

In an hour-long videotape played for a Kansas jury Wednesday, Marc V. Sappington, 25, told detectives he started hearing voices after smoking the hallucinogenic drug PCP in 2001. He said he only heard the voices while under the influence of drugs.

"They started telling me if I didn't eat, I was going to die," Sappington said in the videotape. "They said I had to eat flesh and blood if I want to live."

Sappington is charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Terry T. Green, 25; Michael Weaver Jr., 22; and Alton "Fred" Brown Jr., 16, in April 2001.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is extremely disturbing, very disturbing.
I strongly feel that this guy needs alot of help and
shouldn't be allowed to mix with the general public.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"Voices in his head"
Gimmie a break. That's a good excuse, though. It might even win over some of the giddy jurors impaneled to render the judgement.

Next time I rob a bank that's the defense I'll use: "Voices in my head told me to do it. The voices then told me to go out and buy a brand spankin' new Lexus"

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by neomoniker
"Voices in his head"
Gimmie a break. That's a good excuse, though. It might even win over some of the giddy jurors impaneled to render the judgement. Next time I rob a bank that's the defense I'll use: "Voices in my head told me to do it. The voices then told me to go out and buy a brand spankin' new Lexus"

At least he isn't using the my Neighbors Dogs told me to do it...

Seriously, I can't imagine being in a state of mind, to where I would ever want to hurt or kill someone, much less eat them.

I'm so thankful for my sanity... what little bit I have that is

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
How evil...This man should be fried!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
How evil...This man should be fried!!!

Then eaten by the victims families....now that would be JUSTICE!!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The little voices in MY head tell me that this guy needs to be executed for murder......truly grotesque.....

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What if he really is hearing the voices, This is the thing that I preach about. If a person was to hear from Ailens, GOD, what ever. No one would believe them," there crazy'. He has to be on drugs, Him not wanting to eat the meat raw shows he was in his right mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What if he really is hearing the voices, This is the thing that I preach about. If a person was to hear from Ailens, GOD, what ever. No one would believe them," there crazy'. He has to be on drugs, Him not wanting to eat the meat raw shows he was in his right mind.

FYI this guy was on drugs, PCP so he wasn't in his right mind, I don't think this guy has ever been in his right mind and I seriously doubt that his decision to fry the leg instead of having leg tartar makes him seem more coherent.

This guy has no business being free again...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yyou can't even look at that guy whitout senseing the pure evil coming from his aura. This guy either A. Should get executred ASAP, or B. Locked away for ever without any contact with normal people. That is truly sick, and grotesque.

They should just use his story as a campaing for anti-drug use. "Smoke PCP and you will end up like him. Eating your neighbors".

SpittinCobra, first off, why would God or aliens want him to eat humans? And also why did he only hear the voices after using the drugs?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hey, that's a good point.... why would he cook "it" before eating "it", he was obviously stable enough to do that right.

Probably just another person who decided to kill people and then once he did it, didn't want to go to jail, so now, yelling, I'm insane, I'm insane..

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
He did tell them he was on drugs. But thats everyway out, I was drunk, on drugs. Im not defending him, Im just wondering, What if he is telling to truth about the voices?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If it was true that would be very disturbing. But then again we go to why would paranormal voices tell him to eat other humans?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

SpittinCobra, first off, why would God or aliens want him to eat humans? And also why did he only hear the voices after using the drugs?

I ask why does there have to be a reason? Why cant it be? It dont have to be the latter, it could be ghost, or something else. Now Im the one whos crazy?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I ask why does there have to be a reason? Why cant it be? It dont have to be the latter, it could be ghost, or something else. Now Im the one whos crazy?

I don't think you're crazy, and you're right that he might have made up the "high on PCP" in his story to the police. If he wasn't on drugs it only makes him look more evil in my eyes..

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

He did tell them he was on drugs. But thats everyway out, I was drunk, on drugs. Im not defending him, Im just wondering, What if he is telling to truth about the voices?

I hear ya. It's not at all a stretch of the imagination to think a man crazy enough to want to eat human flesh might be hearing voices, too. IMO, anyone who wants to kill is insane, even if they might seem normal in other aspects. I've known alot of people who used PCP (a long time ago), and not one of them ever killed or ate anyone.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I wonder what the "voices" will be saying when the Crown Court Adminstrators sentence him to death by lethal injection? Perhaps, something along the lines of, "
OH S*IT! The Admiralty/Maritime Crown Courts are going to waste me!!!
"

[edit on 22-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
another story with some more info on the events perpetrated by the cannibal...

Witness says Sappington asked for help with body
KANSAS CITY -- A man accused of "cannibalistic tendencies" asked a friend to help him load a body into his car hours before the vehicle was abandoned several miles away, according to testimony at his trial in the slayings of three people.

Marc V. Sappington, 25, is being tried in Wyandotte County District Court on charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of Terry T. Green, 25; Michael Weaver Jr., 22; and Alton "Fred" Brown Jr., 16. The three were killed over three days in April 2001.

Prosecutors have charged that Sappington's "deviant cannibalistic tendencies" led to the killings. Police testified in January 2002 that Sappington cut up Brown's body, then cooked and ate a small amount of his flesh. Sappington had planned to freeze the rest of the body and eat it later, a detective testified.

Sappington's attorney, Patricia Aylward Kalb, contends he is innocent by reason of mental disease or defect.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cannibalism (did I spell it right?) is nothing new to the human species, and I am not talking about eating your fellow man during a crisis like the Donner incident. History is full of individuals and groups who practiced the art for a variety of reasons, most of which did not include hearing voices.

The eating of particular organs from specific kinds of people (the classic heart of a virgin comes to mind....), or drinking their bodily fluids (blood) or even demented sexual practices are not only horrific, they are in many cases more commonly practiced than many would like to think.

In many ways cannibalism is less a disorder and more an art form, as many of it's followers choose to practice and willingly ingest the "edibles"....

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MachineGunKelly
In many ways cannibalism is less a disorder and more an art form, as many of it's followers choose to practice and willingly ingest the "edibles"....

OK, so let me get this straight, cannibalism is an art form? Now I am speechless, perhaps you would not mind Mr. Sappington hosting a Cannibal Cooking show in between the Emiril and Julia Childs programs on the Food Network? Come on this is a monster here not an artist...

If that was sarcasm, I just missed it.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join