It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian officials lied about radioactive release at pickering nuke plant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
planetsave.com...

Will the lies never end.First they say there is no radioactivity. Now they admit that they lied. Folks in Canada should be ticked off about this. I'm just south of Ontario and I'm wondering if that is why my geiger counter now registers a low count where a week ago there was nothing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Another source here

The water that leaked was not heavy water, so never in direct contact with the fuel rods. 73 000 litres is a very small amount compared to the total volume of water of the Great Lakes (which 1% is used by the locals).

I also feel that your source is biased by its ideology and lack the details needed to perceive the bigger picture of this event correctly.

BUT, keeping an eye on dangerous human activities is a good thing for sure. If I may suggest, you should provide more than one source.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

Rationalization is not the way i like to manage my own risk, personally. Why would i accept it from government leaders?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

Were I you I would stop believing the main stream media ,and what the corporate shills tell you. This behavior gets people dead. Please explain why my geiger counter is giving me a reading since this discharge.I had nothing but back ground before this discharge now it's above background, not much but tha reading is there double checked by my other counter which agrees with the first..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If people realised the true extend Nuclear Industries used to cut-corners in order to save extra cash, they'd be shocked. Take Sellafield where a Independent Investigation in the late 90's found radioactive waste not only being ejected to sea, with particles found on the public beach. But also exposed nuclear material on a waste-dump which was many-times over the level hazardous to human health.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Luckily our water doesn't come from Lake Ontario. It comes from the Niagara river so for now we just have to worry about chemical pollution not nuclear. I'm about ten miles south of Lake Ontario.But pity the people of Toronto,all 7 million of them. Not to mention Hamilton,St. Catherines,etc all around the lake.

new topics

top topics

join