It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling of S.E. North America solved !?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Many here who claimed they heard rumbling who live in the south eastern section of the U.S. may have actually heard this:

Commercial Rocket Engine Testing Continues At NASA Center

Tests on each of the engines were performed by a team of Orbital, Aerojet and John C. Stennis Space Center engineers at NASA's south Mississippi test facility. The latest test was conducted on March 19 on the E-1 Test Stand.

The initial two engines, tested earlier this year, will be delivered to Orbital at the Wallops Flight Facility launch site in Virginia for integration with the Taurus II's first stage core.

Case closed... ??

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Not for me it's not closed.How does engine testing explain the huge flash in the sky?
And would people in Florida really hear and feel an engine test in Mississippi?
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Then how do you explain people hearing that in Florida near the KSC?

I hear and see rockets go up all the time and their sound isn't gonna travel like that and doesn't last an hour.

I dont think this is what I heard here in Florida by any means.

link   
The latest test was conducted on March 19

is there anywhere stating this has been ongoing everyday?

case open..i think

link   

I wouldnt really say case closed, its being heard all over the world, rocket testing in U.S would not be heard in U.K

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
The latest test was conducted on March 19

is there anywhere stating this has been ongoing everyday?

case open..i think

Case open how? It is not possible for that to be the sound heard all over the US and the rest of the world.

If you live in the immediate area maybe but even then they are done in huge testing facilities and you won't hear that. I live near KSC and they do testing and all kinds of noice making things here and I don't hear it...the only time i hear it is when they actually launch a rocket and well everyone feels it in this area....

It's actually pretty cool and I can tell the difference between a rocket sound and the rumbling noise I have heard lately.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll S$%t not buyin that. They test those in the UK and Canada also??

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Sounds like someone is freaking out about sheeple actually taking interest in this thing.
"QUICK, SEND OUT A MESSAGE THAT NASA IS DOING TEST, HIHIHII"

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Good answer... But could there solid confirmation of this activity actually happening. And the other locations was that the same reason ? Mmm lets just be a little sceptical and leave the book open for a little longer on this one.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Case not closed.

They test fire engines monthly, and sometimes weekly.

How do I know this, because I used to work there. There is a posted blast radius that extends beyond the front and back gate, if you happen to catch a test when leaving either gate, you can hardly hear it. You will see more smoke than anything. Plus, the residents that live there know exactly what it is and wouldn't report strange rumblings all of a sudden after years of exposure to the tests.

So no, case is not closed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You need to buy a map.

NASA test site is near the Mississippi - Louisiana Line.

That is 150 miles from the Florida - Alabama Line.

So that would make for one loud engine.

Since sound travels basically in a radiating circle, like ripples in a pond.

So, if your theory has any merit the sound would have been heard from Baton Rouge, LA to Jackson, Ms, To Montgomery, AL to Pensacola, FL and all points in between. Don’t think that was the case.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
i knew it!

someone in fla hears this and spreads the word and starts the mass hysteria.

as usual all ATSer's freak out and run around in circles yelling, the sky is falling!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Actually we had 2 earthquakes in South Carolina yesterday, North of my location by miles so I feel that was the build up. Maybe some folks are just sensitive to such things. Or the ability to register anything odd is dependant on where you live, outside the main city, rural areas etc. IDK but I do feel that's the explanation, weird feeling, out of balance, may have felt shaking--then 2 earthquakes within an hour of each other, now it's gone. shrugs. If so it took days to build up for very minor earthquakes. Also some of the mapped sounds are not recent, and the more minor finds are not being mapped--so who knows what's really happening. Or if anything is happening....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Nobody is doing that. Well, almost nobody. People are just reporting and discussing an interesting phenomena, that may be atmospheric or seismic or manmade or all of that depending on where and when. No biggie. Why are we being ridiculed for it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

because they havent experianced it and they are probably jealous..i know what i have been hearing and seeing nobody will be able to debunk my eyes and ears...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Gdaub, are you the only person where you are at to have seen and heard what you did? By that, I mean of the people you are in face to face contact with, has there been people you could grab and say, wow, do you hear that, what is it?

I have been struck by the amount of times when I'm out in public, like at the beach when I heard the rumbling at Myrtle Beach with my husband, or here at home, out in my front yard with neighbors around, I don't notice anybody else paying ANY heed whatsoever to the noise. At the beach it was just me and my husband showing any curiosity and trying to figure out the source. And for my husband, even, it is very rare he will stop and pay attention to anything that doesn't involve a ball and a team logo! I've tried with almost a sense of desperation to get him to even stop and listen with me to the rumblings at home. The best I can get out of him is he will pause for barely a minute, listen, shrug and mumble "planes". He is not a stupid man. Quite the contrary, he is slightly above genius level IQ and well educated and successful in his career and has a better than average grasp of science subjects. But he just will not pay much heed to anything that's not main stream information. So I was shocked to the core when he not only acknowledged the rumbles at the beach, but admitted he was mystified instead of shrugging it off to some mundane but ill fitting explanation.

Getting back to the rumblings here at home, one of the times I heard them, I was out in my driveway leaning on the trunk of my car looking up at the sky. Neighbors were out and about. It was the time everyone was getting home from work. There were these loud pulsating rumbles all above us. You'd have thought the alien mothership was about to decloak above us! Lol. There was a wind blowing around us and some clouds around since it was mid February, after all. There was no lightning to be seen at all. While you could superficially dismiss the sound as thunder, the pulsed regularity and persistence of it was more like breathing than any thunder or any jet I ever heard. It lasted so long I had to give up "enjoying" it and get in and get dinner started so I don't even know when it ended nor could I tell you when it started since I'd been out at the grocery.

Yet for all the strangeness of this sound, for its loudness and oppressiveness and persistence, I didn't see even one neighbor pause to take note of it. Nor did they even seem to be curious to see me standing there gawking at the sky. And this is a street where we do talk to each other, bake each other cookies and look after each other. But on that day, everyone was so engrossed in their routine this anomaly went completely unheeded!

Even odder, when we had the quake roll through here, nobody ever has mentioned it except in the mist dismissive way. There is absolutely no curiosity about the quake at all and I find that absolutely puzzling. We do not get noticeable quakes here at all, unless you go back almost a couple hundred years in the records. The one we got was quite loud and woke people up. Yet nobody here is even remotely curious why we got one. So I haven't dared grab a neighbor to ask about the rumblings. We have all talked about the weird bouts of extreme fatigue and vertigo and illness going around. But not about the quake or the rumblings. Sometimes I feel like maybe I imagined the quake and the continued recurring rumblings, given the absolute silence on these subjects around here.

edit on 22-3-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Can't scroll to fix typo but "mist" should be "most". Sorry.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Damn, I still haven't heard anything like a rumble here in Daytona.

Not saying it isn't happening, just that I ain't hearing it.

As for NASA tests, I never hear those, either. I can hear the shuttles when they launch, which qualifies as a distant rumble, but that's about it.

new topics

join