It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Macphersons ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Before we begin to digest this video, I just would like to make very clear that...I don’t know!!!
I believed every thing until the last part, this video is very interesting due to the fact of the >

Bloody nose, the orb that flew in the room, the panic and shock that was heard in their voices and heart beats that interrupted breathing patterns… Let alone, the REAL racist comment, the father being dead, the fainting, the oval spaceship, the laser, the burning blown electric thing, the lights coming on, gun shots and panic. The little girl being mind jumbled, the people at the end of the video being mind pummeled, the heat flashes, and most important, they have never been seen since 1997.

But then again, I rephrase what I said earlier>>>> 'I believed every thing until the last part'.

For some reason I always believed aliens had no since of wearing cloths, loll, so I guess I am a believer of the whole video.'maybe they are in style'

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

My boys and gals are going to have a field day debunking this ..mortal 890,lol

Hes got to be joking; POSTING THIS CRAP!!.

i dont think actors would put or mention a dead relative to make a joke or fake A home made movie.

Thats why its called a script idiot,her father and husband are still alive,it was pretend..GOOFY!

I hope the mod notices that your calling me names,i think im going to complain about you.

So your telling me they sabatoged goverment property and made a space ship to do this video?

its a flare.

i feel so sorry for them,i wonder are they hungry?

This family is being abducted by freaking aliens!!! and your wondering if their hungry..
'WHAT IN GODS LIFE IS WRONG WITH YOU !!!!!!

i was talking about the aliens,YOU REALLY NEED TO MIND YOUR BUSSINESS!!!!

We are really off topic, it was 1997 when this happened,cgi and speciel effects was good ,but...i dont know????

Hurry up and push post mortal child , Im trying to see 300 flags .

LEAVE HIM ALONE! ..your really going to get it immortal,they are going to tear this up.

And im going to love it,>>>>.YEEEEE HAWWW!!!!

Please immortal, dont push the p

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well youu covered everything i was goin to say....lol this video has been on here time and time again be prpared to be shut down or a re-post.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Nothing at all. They were fictional characters.

I'll cut and paste below some details from the relevant entry in my database of infamous UFO videos:

The relevant video was a movie directed by Dean Alioto entitled “Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County” (also commonly referred to as "The McPherson tape”).

Credits and other details are included in the Internet Movie Database (imdb) entry online at:
www.imdb.com...

The Internet Movie Database entry includes details (with photos) of the actors in this movie, with details of the other parts that they have played in other productions. For example, the father has appeared in the X-Men films, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and other productions.

By the way, the wig worn by the "mother" during the film has got to be one of the worst wigs I've seen in my life...

Since it was first broadcast on UPN in 1998, it has been shown on TV quite a few times. It has been shown in the UK on the Sky Movies channels on a regular basis (probably every month or two) for at least the last couple of years.

Extract regularly appear on Youtube and Googlevideo, but the links I had saved are now dead. It seems that the production company has been enforcing its copyright recently.

The video has been discussed on the ATS forum at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video has been discussed on the Alien-ufos forum at:
www.alien-ufos.com...

The video has also been discussed by Kevin D Randle and Russ Estes and William Cone in their book “The Abduction Enigma” (1999) at pages 56-57 (in Chapter 1) of the Forge hardback edition.

Good for a laugh - but definitely not real.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I know its all a hoax because there are two different video versions of the macpherson incident. There was an older video of this made as well with different actors. This is sorta like a Blair Witch Project mini movie.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
I know its all a hoax

Calling this a hoax is a bit like calling the "Star Wars" movies hoaxes.

It's simply a movie.

(As you note, it is a remake of an earlier - lower budget - version).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Nothing at all. They were fictional characters.

I'll cut and paste below some details from the relevant entry in my database of infamous UFO videos:

The relevant video was a movie directed by Dean Alioto entitled “Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County” (also commonly referred to as "The McPherson tape”).

Credits and other details are included in the Internet Movie Database (imdb) entry online at:
www.imdb.com...

The Internet Movie Database entry includes details (with photos) of the actors in this movie, with details of the other parts that they have played in other productions. For example, the father has appeared in the X-Men films, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and other productions.

By the way, the wig worn by the "mother" during the film has got to be one of the worst wigs I've seen in my life...

Since it was first broadcast on UPN in 1998, it has been shown on TV quite a few times. It has been shown in the UK on the Sky Movies channels on a regular basis (probably every month or two) for at least the last couple of years.

Extract regularly appear on Youtube and Googlevideo, but the links I had saved are now dead. It seems that the production company has been enforcing its copyright recently.

The video has been discussed on the ATS forum at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The video has been discussed on the Alien-ufos forum at:
www.alien-ufos.com...

The video has also been discussed by Kevin D Randle and Russ Estes and William Cone in their book “The Abduction Enigma” (1999) at pages 56-57 (in Chapter 1) of the Forge hardback edition.

Good for a laugh - but definitely not real.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

All anyone needs to know about this movie right there. I'm not directing this at the OP specifically, but how anyone could find that film in the least bit convincing is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I can't get the vids to work, but can anyone tell me if this is the show I'm thinking of:

SPOILER ALERT

at the end, does an "alien" climb in the window of the attic(?) and the camera falls over and the kid puts his hands up and then you see a typical grey, but wearing a shiny black jumpsuit? Then they released the "extended cut" a while later?

IF so, this was the first alien thing I remember that really got me interested. I was around 10 yrs old so it freaked me right the eff out.

Thanks OP for giving me a trip down tin foil hat memory lane

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

OP, are you serious? Or are you just trolling for ATS "street cred" among the ignorant? This video is a little indie project by some not-so-talented movie maker wannabes. Even assuming one knows nothing about film or movie making, there are tell-tale markers that should be a dead give away to anyone with half a brain.

I find the fact that someone would post this seriously, and want to discuss this seriously, to be an insult to those of us that are really looking for the truth. We will never turn this subject around when we are surrounded by folks like you who lack the simple skill of determining an OBVIOUS wrong from something that merits real investigation.

Google is your friend. A simple google search before posting rubbish like this will pretty much nip it in the bud. The simple fact that you can use the internet, but not to your advantage, makes me weep for ufology.

Oh, by the way if you have not seen the Asian version of this you are really missing out on some quality entertainment, lol!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

You talking about the scene where he changed his clothes for no apparent reason then picked the camera back up from a bedside table and an alien was just standing there before it moved right up to the camera, stared then left the room?

It's funny but I remember being told about this movie by my girlfriend and the first few times I saw it, I could barely sleep. Since then I showed it to my younger brother and sister and we've all had a good laugh at how cheap and low budget it is. Big comedy moment is the woman lying on the couch having a fit and foaming at the mouth.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Calling this a hoax is a bit like calling the "Star Wars" movies hoaxes.

It's simply a movie.

On some level it is a hoax. While movies such as Paranormal Activity and the Blair Witch Project purport to be real, they do it with a wink and a nod to the audience and are contained within themselves. They do not deceive "experts" in order to create the atmosphere the films are real. Producers of Incident at Lake County, however, interviewed UFO researchers such as Stanton Friedman about abductions in general, then edited the footage to make it appear they were talking about the McPherson's specifically.
edit on 22-3-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
>

edit on 22-3-2011 by cripmeister because: I wasn't being very nice sorry.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

yes I am! thanks for the confirmation.

I haven't seen it since that first few times, but each time I too had trouble sleeping.

I'm going to have to check it out soon for the lulz

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

And? You simply posted a video. Do you have anything to say about it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So your argument is to post another video with no rebuttal?
Lame.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It never ends with this case.

The real mystery is in the fact that there was an earlier version that is only available in small clips. ***EDIT*** This has been posted above by immortalgemini527.

The older one looks a lot more realistic IMO, but who knows. If this incident did actually happen, the OP's video is an attempt to cover it up. Its that simple.

It is so annoying reading about this incident when people skim over the fact that there are at least 2 'movies'. The second one is definetely not real. The first one, well we don't really have access to it do we?

For the record, I doubt this is real based on the ending of both the first and second videos. It makes you wonder though when the first one has never turned up in full. Maybe the end was just tacked on to destroy credibility?

I would have to assume fake until the first film is shown in its entirety.
edit on 22-3-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It may well be that we spend too much time watching the TV that we
can't tell the difference between fact and fiction. It's entertainment for
the UFO buffs and that's about all of it.

I'm a little concerned that some here may think 'Signs' was a real
documentary!!
Although, 'FireFox' made by Clint Eastwood in 1982 must have been...
there was no entertainment value there.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seenitall

I'm pretty sure the original movie was posted in the OP's video which has been released in full before a remake was made with slightly higher budget after Blair Witch's popularity brought the style of movie making into the mainstream (The MacPherson Tape having been released originally a full two years BEFORE Blair Witch Project).

As for the Japanese video posted (with no comments or additional opinion), can't say I've ever seen it or heard of it before but regarding the McPherson story, there were two versions of that made and released in the US by the same guy so whether he based his idea on a Japanese movie or not I don't know.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
It makes you wonder though when the first one has never turned up in full. Maybe the end was just tacked on to destroy credibility?

I would have to assume fake until the first film is shown in its entirety.

We know for certain that the original is fake. It hasn't turned up because the director of the original owns the rights to it and makes money selling copies; posting it on YouTube violates his copyright and robs him of some pocket-money.

Poor bootleg VHS copies did float around the UFO convention circuit in the early '90s. Unsurprisingly, whoever was selling the bootleg copies removed all traces that it was fiction from the video, promoting it as real. In '94, the paranormal-themed TV series Encounters interviewed the director of both the original and re-make, showed production video and stills, such as the child-actors in their alien costumes and a cute shot of the aliens recreating the see-no-evil-monkeys.

You can purchase the original by writing the director.
edit on 23-3-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
As for the Japanese video posted (with no comments or additional opinion), can't say I've ever seen it or heard of it before but regarding the McPherson story, there were two versions of that made and released in the US by the same guy so whether he based his idea on a Japanese movie or not I don't know.

He didn't; the Japanese-video is from a paranormal-magazine type program, such as Encounters or Sightings. It aired almost 10 years after the original was made, using one of the bootleg copies that were sold by typical lying believers in the early 90s.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join