It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warplane found crashed in field (Libya)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulwarrior

I agree with you in regards to the civilian injuries. In this case, it seems like it could have been handled differently. Unfortunately, when you have people shooting at each other, cooler heads don't always prevail. I suppose that's just the nature of war.

Interesting theory about a potential refueling problem. I did read that some who witnessed the crash said the plane was spinning as it came out of the sky. I know that could mean any number of things, but spinning, to me, does not necessarily jibe with a controlled or at least semi controlled decent. Without knowing more details this is just spit balling.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Virgil Cain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Virgil Cain

Agreed, it is just spit balling scenarios. I've got a lot of knowledge on these birds and I'm really interested in the final determination, but it'll probably be awhile. I'll post back if there is anything new reported. In the interim thanks for bouncing ideas back and forth. I've enjoyed the discussion in an otherwise mundane event punctuated with the real tragedy of civilians getting fired upon. So, until there is more information.

Soul

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulwarrior
reply to post by Virgil Cain

Yes, I'm likewise just exploring the possibilities and you bring up a great point in that credit for a shoot down hasn't been claim.

Possibly the aircraft was attempting to take fuel from a tanker and had issues that didn't allow for a full load of fuel to get passed.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Soulwarrior because: east/west correction

Or perhaps case of a Friendly Fire from another NATO aircraft?

Just throwing the possibility out there as the politicos on the ground are not in sync with each other and assuming its the same up in the air with the pilots?

edit on 23-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I believe this F-15E Strike Eagle was attached to the 492nd Fighter Squadron, 48th Fighter Wing @ RAF Lakenheath, UK. They are the only Mudhen unit stationed outside CONUS.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join