It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warplane found crashed in field (Libya)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They mentioned that one of the pilots was picked up by a US plane that went in. You'd think that if they could get to the pilot, they could also get to the plane and do a little clean up, but judging from the pictures, it certainly doesn't look as if there has been an airstrike nor has anyone been around to clean up. I guess one has to assume that some civilians got there first and they elected against the airstrike. Still surprises me that they didn't get a team in there to clean up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
.. Another Jessica Lynch in the making.... we all love heroes.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e38793f24bb.jpg[/atsimg]

looks like a hole in the wing/side of that fighter plane..
edit on 22-3-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

Ok forgive me,for not knowing much about this fighter plane..but it grabbed my attention,as it looks like the blast hole on the side,seems to fold inwards,as if it been hit by anti aircraft weapon..maybe im wrong and someone can explain this...??

And if it was shot down,i doubt the western media would want it known,they want this to look like they have it under control.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Virgil Cain
They mentioned that one of the pilots was picked up by a US plane that went in. You'd think that if they could get to the pilot, they could also get to the plane and do a little clean up

This is completely wrong. Extraction is often done by a helicopter on a stealthy mission, flying a few feet above ground and having commandos onboard. No space for the plane, sorry.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm glad the pilot is safe. It's just a plane, we can make more. All hail our celestial ministers of death liberating the Libyan people from oppression and tyranny. Let us bath in their oil fields and reap the rewards of our labor.

Amen.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalby

A few news agencies have reported there is a spare unfired guided missile (AGM-130 perhaps?) by the wreckage.

I would not be chilling out there for pictures at all.

Oui.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

This is completely wrong. Extraction is often done by a helicopter on a stealthy mission, flying a few feet above ground and having commandos onboard. No space for the plane, sorry.

Apparently, the information I read and you are both correct - it was an Osprey that went in for them...

www.tele graph.co.uk

edit on 22-3-2011 by Virgil Cain because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Virgil Cain because: Fix Link

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic
mechanical failure? i would say shot down. USA is known for calling shot down ,mechanical failure to overstate effectiveness of its overrated equipment

I'm really trying to understand this post but I'm not sure I follow your logic ... so in order to overstate how GOOD the US's equipment is ("effectiveness" as you said), the US is known for saying that their planes get shot down, or that they had a mechanical failure ...

Please explain how getting shot down or having an airplane break would be a good way of overstating the effectiveness of an airplane.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Channel 4 News is quoting 6 villagers injured by the rescuing forces. Anyone got any further details on this?

Can't understand how that mistake would be made...trigger happy CSAR crew maybe? 6 injured (including a young boy) is a bit suspect for a case of mistaken identity!

Third Night of Bombing in Libya

edit on 22-3-2011 by Kalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
reply to post by Now_Then

Oh right.. Thats a bit awkward hahahaha
Still, the Americans always intervene, and i really dont see how this could make it any better..

Oh but let us not forget that it is not only the US intervening, it is the World!! A COALITION of nations is contributing to this operation which has been sanctioned by none other than the United Nations Security Council and supported even by the Arab League! Just like the operations in Iraq and also Afghanistan were and are supported by a coalition and United Nations resolutions.

If you believe the news, the Americans initially wanted nothing to do with this action... already in 2 other wars in a down economy, you see. It was only at the behest of her allies that the Stars and Stripes agreed to apply her "unique capabilities" to this international operation. Unique capabilities = alien technology.

So what is the conspiracy ... I think the downed F-15E is actually a previously wrecked hulk dropped there overnight as a decoy, while the REAL downed aircraft was an alien technology hybrid that has already been scuttled out of Libya and is now aboard the Navy vessels in the Med. That's why that photo looks so staged ... IT IS!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KittyM
It was only at the behest of her allies that the Stars and Stripes agreed to apply her "unique capabilities" to this international operation. Unique capabilities = alien technology.

...or, you know - rapidly deployable assets more or less in situ for the operation already and ideal tech (Tomohawks) for making the SEAD strikes. Alien tech is a bit far-fetched...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
sorry friends, I do not have time to read the thread fully as I just got into class, but it sounds like what happened is that the f-15e is an old air frame and it is possible he had to pull some gs while dodging some telephone poles that showed up in the sky to say hello, some structural failure could be the cause of the incident, just my 2 cents but the pilots are safe and I would not worry about our boots on the ground or anything...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Channel 4 News is quoting 6 villagers injured by the rescuing forces. Anyone got any further details on this?

Can't understand how that mistake would be made...trigger happy CSAR crew maybe? 6 injured (including a young boy) is a bit suspect for a case of mistaken identity!

Third Night of Bombing in Libya

edit on 22-3-2011 by Kalby because: (no reason given)

I HOPE the MSM starts reporting this. Wow. Sickening!

I should hold back.. maybe they had sticks, which looked like rocket launcers and they boy was a terrorist midget.

Time will tell.
edit on 22-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is hardly news. post something thats not posted on every site by the MSM, Plane went down due to mechanics pilot and co-pilot returned safely.enough said ...end thread

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

"Ok forgive me,for not knowing much about this fighter plane..but it grabbed my attention,as it looks like the blast hole on the side,seems to fold inwards,as if it been hit by anti aircraft weapon..maybe im wrong and someone can explain this"...??

"And if it was shot down,i doubt the western media would want it known,they want this to look like they have it under control"...

I'm sure if it was shot down they'd just say so,and i'd assume it would have been shot down close to enemy territory and would have not have been so easy to make it back into U.S. hands for these pilots, Not to mention you'd think a anti aircraft gun would take the whole wing off not just put a basketball sized hole in it, I doubt Lybia has weapons such as anti aircraft Lasers

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Virgil Cain
They mentioned that one of the pilots was picked up by a US plane that went in. You'd think that if they could get to the pilot, they could also get to the plane and do a little clean up, but judging from the pictures, it certainly doesn't look as if there has been an airstrike nor has anyone been around to clean up. I guess one has to assume that some civilians got there first and they elected against the airstrike. Still surprises me that they didn't get a team in there to clean up.

I'm sorry but if you were in a war active area dropping bombs and being shot at I doubt the first thing you want to do is clean up a wrecked plane,the area will be cleaned/rebuilt when all this is over

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

A few news agencies have reported there is a spare unfired guided missile (AGM-130 perhaps?) by the wreckage.

I would not be chilling out there for pictures at all.

Oui.

haha no doubt...the sad thing is that alot of these people are probably used to seeing men with machine guns and bombs laying around or moving through their cities...if that was me I'd be pretty far away from those bombs

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

well i guess it could have been a non explosive artillery shell that went through the wing but I guess if that was the case the hole would be much different looking,because if it was shot down it looks like the hit came from above the aircraft not below based on the way the metal is bent in that hole on the wing.

I'm not a expert I cant even really tell which way the plane is facing is it rightside up or upside down?
edit on 22-3-2011 by NewEmpire816 because: added comment

edit on 22-3-2011 by NewEmpire816 because: spelling lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KittyM
It was only at the behest of her allies that the Stars and Stripes agreed to apply her "unique capabilities" to this international operation. Unique capabilities = alien technology.

...or, you know - rapidly deployable assets more or less in situ for the operation already and ideal tech (Tomohawks) for making the SEAD strikes. Alien tech is a bit far-fetched...

I was just kidding about the alien tech ... but the fact that somebody thought I was serious is a sober reminder of what website I'm posting to! Where's the conspiracy, man!? You can't just have a plane fall out of the sky and courageous crew both get rescued by highly-trained heroes and have locals posing for photo oppotunities next to a smoking hole in the ground! There's GOT to be some kind of conspiracy going on here. Just GOT to be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com... ?gt1=43001

It turned out they were locals who opposed the Libyan leader, the paper said. "I hugged him and said, 'Don't be scared, we are your friends,'" witness Younis Amruni told the Telegraph

Recieved with open arms and affection. The Libyans love the Americans and all of the coalition.

The plane was witnessed spiraling from the sky so there was no attempt to land it. It was not shot down.
Most of the speculation in this thread is pure rubbish but at least it proves what a great cause this is that it is recieved so well by the locals. All the armchair anti-american spewers can stick that in the ole proverbial pipe and smoke it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join