It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans appear wary over U.S. role in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Early comments online and in newspapers point to cautious American support for a limited role in bombing Libyan air defenses but wariness over entangling the United States in an ill-defined military mission.

The United States was slow to act on Libya yet wise to play down its role in a military intervention, some U.S. editorials, columnists and bloggers said. They also raised concerns over a perceived lack of leadership in a "war by committee."

The Wall Street Journal, which had called for action and is often aligned with Republican views, welcomed the assault but criticized its method.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AmilgO6UKu0VdeovIAgjCI9bbBAF;_ylu=X3o'___'M4bW5vaThrBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTEwMzIxL3VzX2xpYnlhX3VzYV9vc GluaW9uBGNjb2RlA21wX2VjXzhfMTAEY3BvcwMyBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDYW1lcmljYW5zYXBw#mwpphu-container

Wary? WE ARE SICK OF IT. Virtually everyone I know is completely against getting involved in Libya....not to mention many of the message boards I've read...most of the comments seem to be against them as well. Getting into this garbage when we can't even take care of Iraq and Afghanistan, trillions of debt, destruction of social programs, high unemployment, natural disasters, etc....is flat out INSANE.

Just a week ago Patreus was apologizing for killing civilian CHILDREN....something that has happened numerous times in our ventures in the middle east.

But hey...the WALL STREET JOURNAL, BIG OIL, AND CORPORATIONS are for this war....so I guess we should just follow their lead right?

Let's let them make their money while they make US pay for it with our wealth and soldiers. They don't want to pay more in taxes...they made that clear...but it's perfectly fine to make us pay for the WARS THEY PROFIT FROM!!!!

new topics

join