It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind Libya begins to surface....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
Even though he is a globalist politician at heart, Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) is correct on Obama crossing the line.

Kucinich says Obama "crossed the line," calls attacks on Libya an "indisputable" impeachable offense

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) told Hotsheet today that it's an "indisputable fact" that President Obama committed an impeachable offense by authorizing a military attack without congressional approval.

"The next question is what does Congress do it about it," Kucinich said, adding that he hasn't said he's introducing a resolution for impeachment.

"This is a teachable moment," he said. "The American people should understand that our Constitution does not provide for the president to wage war any times he pleases."

Kucinich and other lawmakers -- including both liberal Democrats and some Republicans -- are raising concerns about the air strikes the U.S. military is conducting in Libya to prevent Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi from killing civilians who oppose his rule.

A similar statement from Senator Richard Luger (R-IN), regarding congressional approval prior to waging foreign military action.

Lugar: Obama needs congressional approval for 'war' in Libya

Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., says Congress needs to debate the military action in Libya and President Obama should seek "a declaration of war."

This is kind of a big deal; though Republicans remain a minority in the Senate, Lugar, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, is well-regarded in both parties, and Obama has often spoken highly of him.

Impeach him then. Its long overdue.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
ok here's you something to think about.
Just a theory

what if
WHAT IF
Eastern Libya breaks away as a sovereign
nation and adopts the name of
The New Palestine
and allows all Palestinians refuge
and citizenship. The big Pilgrimage
of Palestinians leaving Gaza and West
Bank, now will have their own
recognized nation. Would this cause
peace in the ME per the Bible's
prophecy ???

just a theory

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't think this should automatically be blamed on oil. At least not the US involvement anyway. We don't even truly get oil from Libya.

Our top ten nations that we import oil from:

1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Venezuela
5. Nigeria
6. Angola
7. Iraq
8. Algeria
9. United Kingdom
10. Brazil

After Brazil, any other country we import from would probably be a negligible amount. As for who Europe imports from, well that's for our European ATS members to say...lol As much as don't agree with our president's policies and ideologies I must admit that I think he is 98% sincere and honest on the Libya topic (all politicians are liars by profession so that is why I said 98%...lol). We are only there because the UN decided to do something. And, as everyone knows, when the UN steps in the US is usually first in line to do the work (alongside our EU/NATO brothers of course!)

Of course, I could be wrong but this is my opinion on the topic as of the time of this posting...lol

--Apex

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I wish people were waking up to the lies from our treacherous leaders, but I'm not seeing it. The truth is that these sociopaths are now becoming more arrogant and bolder, as they are now broadcasting their crimes literally in our faces and nothing is done about it, nobody cares and they know there's nothing we can do about it, as they already have us all, wrapped around their evil fingers.

NATO Butchers Cut Water, Power To Sabha - Leonor. The UN turns and looks the other way.

Libya war lies worse than Iraq

Today, according to the Libyan Red Crescent Society, over 1,100 civilians have been killed by NATO bombs, including over 400 women and children. Over 6,000 Libyan civilians have been injured or wounded by the bombing, many very seriously.

So why did NATO launch this war against Libya?

First of all, Gadaffi was on the verge of creating a new banking system that was going to put the IMF, World Bank and assorted other Western banksters out of business in Africa. No more predatory Western loans used to cripple African economies, instead, a $42 billion dollar African Investment Bank would be supplying major loans at little or even zero interest rates.

LIbya has funded major infrastructure projects across Africa that have begun to link up African economies and break the perpetual dependency on the Western countries for imports have been taking place. Here in Eritrea the new road connecting Eritrea and Sudan is just one small example.

Read for complete report.
www.intrepidreport.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I always watch RT, in the UK the media is murdoch and I'm not interested in his point of view or third rate tosh.

What bothered me about Libya was that Cameron and Sarkozy had armed men they didn't know on the side of the rebels, except that I have seen somewhere that Sarkozy was linked to Israeli intelligence, which made me wonder whether BP had massive investmentments or hopes for drilling off the coast of Libya, why stop at only off the coast. I can't see exactly what benefit sarkozy had in mind for France and the pipelines from Libya go, I think to Italy.

Its bad business all round but what I do know is that if these wretched business men want to negotiate their contracts they should do it, face to face, over the table, not expect the country they currently reside in to provide their negotiations with initial sorties by the army and airforce etc. I am so sick of seeing my tax go to things like the pockets of the rich rather than the infrastructure of my country - I know where Cameron's loyalties lie.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sorry if this may sound off topic a bit well reading a news article on ABC on Libya i noticed a comment from a brainwashed sheep, your typical MSM Believer.

This comment hit me

the comment was made by stan0301 possibly a abc worker.

As we accepted help so to did we incur an obligation to give help. There could be no plainer fact that the success of the Arab Spring, bringing with it the establishment of democracies throughout the Middle East would be of enormous benefit to you, I, and the entire world. Let it happen.

I guess stan0301 believes in these manufactured revolutions created to steal the wealth throughout the Middle East.

bringing with it the establishment of democracies throughout the Middle East would be of enormous benefit to you, I, and the entire world.

There is no enormous benefit to you or to anyone of us, establishment of democracies throughout the Middle East would mean the CFR will win, no one would stand up agaisnt American polices or agenda.

sadly i am not a member of abc, this guy needs a wake up call

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Don't forget that Libya also has a lot of fresh water underground.

NATO's bomb craters filled up with fresh water overnight in some areas, even though it was still in the middle of the desert. I seem to recall reading that Libya has more fresh waster than any other African nation.

In 30 years the WATER WARS will be all said and done, imho.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Libya is a French war. Lybia had to be taken out for a few reasons. They had a private bank of Libya that did not operate as the central banks, EU banks and IMF liked it to. Libya holds power over other African nations through its African union who Qaddafi was one of the main leaders of. There are big plans for Africa. They plan on building a dam across the Nile River. Hows that for big. Thats just one of the big projects planned for Africa.
af.reuters.com...
spectrum.ieee.org...

And then you have railroads being put in for shipping.
www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 12-8-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The last thing our stinking, rotting leaders in the west want is an Africa that empowers itself for the great good of all African nations & people. Another insightful video that describes the real reason why they attacked Libya and why they are trying to kill Muammar Gaddafi.

Why Gaddafi must die!

This can all so easily be verified by doing your own research.

The attack on Libya is absolutely deplorable. How is destroying a Libyan water pipeline protecting civilians.

NATO Bombs Libyan Water Pipe:Humanitarian Disaster
www.newser.com...

The attack on Libya really shows our leaders in their true light. How they can find money to bomb one part of Africa and yet stand aside and watch while another part starves to death.

edit on 14-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I start this off with a couple of Wikileaks SIPRnet leaks. Notice SIPDIS SIPRnet distribution.

9-9-2008 The French release part 3 of there plan for Africa.

www.wikileaks.de...

C O N F I D E N T I A L SECTION 01 OF 09 PARIS 001698

SIPDIS

E.O. 12958: DECL: 09/09/2018
TAGS: PREL PINR ECON MARR PHUM XA FR
SUBJECT: FRANCE'S CHANGING AFRICA POLICY: PART III
(MILITARY PRESENCE AND OTHER STRUCTURAL CHANGES)

¶29. (C) In sum, French military objectives in Africa
parallel the non-military aspects of Sarkozy's Africa policy
in terms of strengthening African capabilities; reducing, if
not ending, African dependence on France; promoting openness
and transparency; abandoning colonial-era sentiments and
"special" treatment; engaging the EU and other bodies into
French-led programs; and identifying and exploiting shared
interests and priorities. Ancillary benefits would include
increased commitment to democratization, meritocracy,
professionalism, and self-reliance.

2-12-2010 The French say they want to play bigger part in NATO.

www.wikileaks.de...

S E C R E T SECTION 01 OF 03 PARIS 000174

NOFORN
SIPDIS

E.O 12958: DECL: 02/08/20
TAGS: PREL MOPS MARR FR IR AF NATO
SUBJECT: SECRETARY OF DEFENSE GATES'S MEETING WITH FRENCH FOREIGN
MINISTER KOUCHNER, FEBRUARY 8, 2010

¶14. (C) Kouchner then raised NATO, declaring that France was ready to
play its role in defining the Alliance's future strategy. He said that
General Abrial (Supreme Allied Commander - Transformation) has offered
input, but emphasized that it was critical to come up with real
strategy that we could explain in debates in Parliament. Kouchner
stressed that we needed to clarify NATO's roles and missions, as well
as its role in combating the threats of terrorism, poverty and
oppression. SecDef agreed that the Strategic Concept should deal with
21st century security threats Q with an emphasis on the word
"security." He said the Strategic Concept should also incorporate
lessons learned from Afghanistan - particularly the need for
comprehensive civil-military strategies and better partnership between
NATO and the EU and UN.

3-19-2011 France drops first bomb on Libya as part of a no-fly zone issued by UN and NATO.

www.blograzzi.net...

So we see France wants to change Africa into a new world order and now have started a war and got NATO invovled which dragged in other coutries such as the US. Yes this is not a US battle. This is a NWO agenda and I don't think Obama is part of it but he can't stop it due to powers across the pond.

Today I seen this article and it tells me war will sweep across Africa in the coming years.

www.ibtimes.com...

Global private equity firm Carlyle Group plans to open offices in Johannesburg and Lagos and start investing in capital growth ventures and buyouts in the fast-growing region.

Washington D.C.-based Carlyle, which has $16.6 billion of assets under management in emerging markets, said it would begin with investments in the consumer goods, financial services, agriculture, infrastructure and energy sectors.

Carlyle plans to start fundraising for a fund to invest in sub-Saharan Africa and is targeting about $500 million, said a source familiar with the planning.

The firm finished raising a Middle East and North Africa fund of $500 million in 2009.

"The entrance of a global player like Carlyle into sub-Saharan Africa is a testament to the region's progress and prospects and will attract more capital and talent to the region," Danie Jordaan, Carlyle's sub-Saharan Africa co-head, said in a statement.

"We also believe Carlyle's global network will facilitate the growth of its sub-Saharan Africa investments in the major international markets."

Helped by a 2002-2008 commodities boom, sub-Saharan Africa has enjoyed nearly a decade of robust growth, accompanied by relative political stability and deepening capital markets.

For those who don't know Carlyle Group was ran by Bush Sr. befor he bacame president. Then shortly after becoming president is when he gave his New World Order speach. When Bush Jr got in office Carlyle Group was the first to start with the exotic loans for housing that led to the crash but they were one of the first to liquify and get out befor the crash.

So I would say the NWO has a new country to take the lead France.

You can see more of my research into the wars in Africa by France here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

They are all in it together and regardless, it's absolutely disgraceful. Thanks for info, I shall check it out.
To be honest, I don't really trust any info from Wikileaks, as there appears to be something suspect about the whole thing. The timing and release of this info is very convenient and only seems to benefit crooked elitists and their agenda.

Psychological Operations 101, Wikileaks, And It`s Supporters

www.infowars.com...
www.rawstory.com...
New Revelations Show WikiLeaks Psyops
www.thedailybell.com...

www.johnpilger.com...

edit on 14-8-2011 by kindred because: links

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
More NATO atrocities:

NATO’S Massacre at Majer, Libya

Residents Say NATO's Air Strikes Killed 85 People, Including 33 Children, 32 Women and 20 Men

www.opinion-maker.org...

edit on 14-8-2011 by kindred because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join