It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind Libya begins to surface....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have just been watching Russia Today (Channel 512 Sky).

ALL the world should watch this channel!!... It's clear, calm, detailed and revealing.

I watched this mornings reports (GMT 8.00am) and was blown away by the comments.

We on ATS, and those who have watched Zeitgeist the Movie, have been aware of the truths behind the governmental facades for a long time. We are also aware of the changes currently taking place around the world. Not just the planet itself, but the minds of the people upon it... Civil unrest is growing.

Well, RT has just been discussing the Libyan crisis and America's involvement, and made the following observations that ALL people of this planet should be made aware of....

It was detailed that the 1st days bombing had cost around $100m and that the US was around $20 trillion in the red. It asked how they could justify getting involved, when they still have trillions invested in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama states publicly that its a Humanitarian response, authorised by the UN, yet as they kill more and more civilians, they risk breaking the UN resolution. (I say do they care? No!).

RT then brings up the fact there are 1.5m barrels of oil a day coming out of Libya (Hmmm?) and the US clearly can't let Gaddafi control that. (I also read on ATS that BP are drilling in Libyan waters?!)

Then RT say despite the cost of this military involvement, and the size of the US deficit, large corporations like Boeing and Lockheed have made $millions from the wars around the world. In hardware supplies, arms and rebuild contracts, and I bet it wouldn't be too hard to see who's behind those corporations! We all know US involvement in wars creates massive profits for the few.

I couldn't quite believe I was hearing this on an MSM channel!

I get the feeling the TRUTH is surfacing, and as it does, more and more ordinary people will rise up to fight this Illuminati deception, and begin to see that all that is said by the likes of Obama and his cronies, and the UK Government, is just a pack of untruths. They have only ONE mission... To create wealth for themselves!

It's a sad sad world, but I feel that as time ticks onwards and 2012 approaches, the people of the world are awakening to the years of deceit and are starting to say.... Enough is enough!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It appears the MSM rats are abandoning the sinking ship. Shame its too little too late really, and they didnt do more to stop it years ago.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
al cia duh is attacking gadaffy

Libya: the West and al-Qaeda on the same side

www.telegraph.co.uk...

jeez

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I agree! RT news is some of the best MSM news you can get.

They don't pull punches, and they don't ask stupid questions. They also do not laugh and belittle people who have views that are not MSM worthy.

I just with the youtube videos where longer as I have not had cable tv for 8 years.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ever since the dawn of civilisation, there has been profit in war and there always will be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Russia Today puts a different side of the story out, it does not mean it is any closer to the truth.
Russia Today is anti-american and anti-British, whilst they do not support Ghaddafi they appose the West more, and criticize their every move. They have done this for some time on any international situation.

Having said this, it is not all bad, and being able to compare RT and BBC, Sky News, along with Al Jazerra News to be able to gain a balanced view for yourself.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
everything we see is fake !

Or maybe I should say "everything they want us to see" is fake.
edit on 22-3-2011 by linkshot1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Even though he is a globalist politician at heart, Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) is correct on Obama crossing the line.

Kucinich says Obama "crossed the line," calls attacks on Libya an "indisputable" impeachable offense

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) told Hotsheet today that it's an "indisputable fact" that President Obama committed an impeachable offense by authorizing a military attack without congressional approval.

"The next question is what does Congress do it about it," Kucinich said, adding that he hasn't said he's introducing a resolution for impeachment.

"This is a teachable moment," he said. "The American people should understand that our Constitution does not provide for the president to wage war any times he pleases."

Kucinich and other lawmakers -- including both liberal Democrats and some Republicans -- are raising concerns about the air strikes the U.S. military is conducting in Libya to prevent Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi from killing civilians who oppose his rule.

A similar statement from Senator Richard Luger (R-IN), regarding congressional approval prior to waging foreign military action.

Lugar: Obama needs congressional approval for 'war' in Libya

Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., says Congress needs to debate the military action in Libya and President Obama should seek "a declaration of war."

This is kind of a big deal; though Republicans remain a minority in the Senate, Lugar, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, is well-regarded in both parties, and Obama has often spoken highly of him.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Here is something to keep in mind.

When Iran was killing civilian protesters did anyone offer to get involved?
No.
When other countries were having government troops killing civilian protesters did any one offer to get involved??
No.

Why would I believe for a second they are doing this for the Libyan people??
It just seems like they made a real lame excuse while pretending to care.
There is obviously an agenda.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yes ! and it´s called "oil".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

your right. i think it was nigeria (someone will have to correct me if im wrong) that had a military dictator in charge running around killing all his civilians but we didnt step in there. he wasmjust the same if not worse than gaddafi.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
no no fly zone over Israel

there was one in the US
during 911
which is how it got to happen

handy things those no fly zones

edit on 22-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I fully agree... There is an agenda - Its oil and wealth generation!

Remember the Falkland Islands war... Thatcher sent a stack of ships and fire power down there, to protect a little lump of rock jutting out of the sea, inhabited by sheep. She obviously loved sheep!. Yeah, as if. She sent our guys down their down there to make sure we still had control over parts of the Antarctic's mineral reserves!!

Its the same around the world... If there is blood and death and torture but no oil, then no one gets involved.
That's why parts of Africa are still in a mess. 'Humanitarian interests' is a load of cobblers when it comes to government reasoning. It's wealth they want.

Afghanistan is another fine example... Do they really want 1,000's of troops to be in there just to bop off a few shambolic sheep farming fighters, who live in a god forsaken dust hole... yeah right. More like the tons of minerals in the ground!!

The powers that be care not for the well being of this beautiful planet, nor the people who live on it. They care for one thing alone.... MONEY and the power behind it.

As the famous North American Indian quote says...

Only after the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find money cannot be eaten.

It's time for the people of this planet to rise up and see the light.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
theres oil in the falklands
www2.counton2.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Good post. Mineral wealth includes oil, but as this is a new find (perhaps), then I guess Argentina will be next on the list of 'humanitarian causes' for the US and UK to invade!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Falklands is still part of the United Kingdon so they´ll not be invading there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The U.S. constitution over rides the UN sanctions since they are non-binding.
Obama does not have the authorization to attack Libya, even by air or with missiles under
Article2 Section2 of the Constitution.

Libya may have a dictator and having a internal civil war, that alone does not give the U.S. the right to attack Libya.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Are we going through a period when the leaders of certain oil producing countries are being picked off one by one.
Started with Sadam and has slowly proceeded through quietly and currently its Gadaffi and eventually it will be the Saudis rulers. Oil is getting scarcer so fewer hands need to control it.

As a quiet little over taxed English person, I actually resent £300,000 per missile fired at this time when I see the infrastructure of England decaying in places where it should be built up.

If the governments involved in this horror wanted Gadaffi dead, then they would have assassinated him, his compadres and disabled his warfare mechanisms to level the field so that the people would have been in a situation they could have made their own choices whatever they turn out to be.

I am not condoning assassination but to deny it doesn 't happen when deemed necessaryby governments etc is naive.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

As a quiet little over taxed English person, I actually resent £300,000 per missile fired at this time when I see the infrastructure of England decaying in places where it should be built up.

It's an old problem. Here in the states during the cold war I shudder to think how much was spent on the minute man missiles. For some reason spending the money on infrastructure building projects at home doesn't seem to attract as much success as these desert military adventures. Ditch digging doesn't feel heroic enough I guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Libya is sitting on forty or fifty BILLION barrels of oil.Their production is not great, but they dont need to produce that much because 99% of it is profit!
The profits are enormous because it only costs a dollar a barrel to produce there!
Do the maths-1000.000 barrels times 99 dollars is +/= 100 million per day!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join