It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being gay a choice/lifestyle?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I mean the individuals. If a government allows gay marrige, or gives several rights to them, it does not mean, that they will be welcome by everyone.

The gays know that very well.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Still, there is no proven fact, that gays are born being gay. That is nonsense, and the majority of people would not believe that at all.

There is proof.
1. Ask anyone who is gay.
2. Look at the sheep experiments.

It may not be direct proof, but it's pretty solid indirect proof.
And I think the majority of people does know this.
Fortunately not everyone is as ignorant as you.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Havent we discussed this in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No.
That thread was about christianity in combination with being gay.
THis thread is about finding out how many people still think that being gay is a choice/lifestyle instead of a state you're born in.
You seem to be one of the folks who thinks it's a decision.
You're wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh, yeah. Sheep don't form culture. They are animals.

Humans live in a society, and if anybody "is born" with greater chance to become a gay, and he is treated well, he will then become a healthy person with family and kids. Of course, only if he wants that. If you want to be a gay, there is no need to be born with that. Just one try, and if it feels good, it can go on and on.

if anybody is born with more adrenaline, he will not necessarily become a serial killer, only if he is treated that way. He may kill a human, he may realize that it feels good, and he will keep doing it. This is that simple, but some of you like to complicate this whole gay thing proving, that they have nothing to do about that, they are born with that, and they do have gay rights everywhere. So good, isn't it? Now this is the big problem, not that being a gay.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is an extremely long thread and hope no one hasnt said this before but........Remember it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Now, i am not trying to throw out my beliefs on you just citing that it is the same concept with nearly every organism on earth.. cept of course earthworms and such, but you catch my drift. peace

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

Originally posted by masterp
In fact, you will find that the female behaviour that you immitate is the behaviour of the woman you want in bed!

This is really rediculous!! You are saying now all homosexual guys acting like girls and immitate women as punishment to themselves from a failure....ok maybe you should go investigate homosexuality to see that most of them are just normal men and not acting like girls, you watched to much TV.

yes, i agree. That, or the only ppl he realizes are gay are the obnoioxiously(not meant degroitorily) gay men. I know some ppl that when they revealed to me they were out of the closet, my jaw completely dropped. Some ppl do not want others to know, and they keep it hidden very well

i also would like to say WHO REALLY CARES!? If your gay, your gay, if your not, your not.

Yes, I feel awkward when i see two ppl of the same gender kiss or whatever, but that is from my lack of exposer when i was younger. I have no problem with my gay/lesiban/bi friends (except the ones who are bi to please someone other than themselves, as ive said before), and they have no problem with me being straight. Whats the issue here?

BTW, with the adam and eve vs adam and steve arguement, think of this. Any one of you can think of someone you would kill yourself before having sex with. I am not talking about asking a straight man to have sex with another man, but a straight man(for example) to have sex with a woman. There are certain ppl that you are just not attracted to. God had to have known that when he created Eve, so he made sure Eve would be compatable with the man he had already created.

I am straight, and there are men that i look at that just completely turn me off. the fact that a woman has never turned me on is not a choice of mine. It just never has happened. And who knows, maybe someday in the future it will happen.

I know a gay man who has never been attracted to women. If he trys to look at a women sexually, he gets that same grossed out feeling when a straight person looks at a same gender person in a sexual way. But just recently, my friend met this woman he is extremely attracted to. He still feels the same way about other women, but this one is different for him. Does that mean he is no longer attracted to men? No. It just means he likes who he likes, he doesnt like who he doesnt like. Thats true for all of us. Is there a problem with that?

I think i said this before, but to the ppl that stick with "but homosexuality is a sin!" you need to go back and read that bible again! Yes, it says it is a sin, but so is many other things in the bible. Have you ever seen a naked person besides your spouse before? Dont flame me if im wrong, but i think one of Noah's sons commited a sin when he realized his father was naked in his tent and didnt look away and cover him. And im sure none of you perfect christians have ever lied...thats a sin, for goodness sakes!

There are millions of different things we do that are sins, and we are not always willing to give them up. Does that mean God doesnt love us anymore? No. He still accepts us for who we are.

orginally posted by Istvan
some ppl love having sex with rotting corpses, adn they may claim, that it is better than the gay relationships. Well, now if anyone says that these ppl are sick, then gays are surely sick, too.

How can you say having sex with a dead(therefore nonconsenting) object is better than having a loving relationship with another of your species. Its not all about the sex. There is a relationship there too.

Also, I believe its exactly the opposite. Indiviuals learn to accept gays and lesbians when they are willing, and when they arent just hating from ignorance. However, I believe society always has been bad about hating races or sterotypes. Even black ppl, they are no longer persucuted (to my knowledge) in the US, but now we have gone overboard in colorblind casting and requirements for ethic diversity in the workplace. I can support these with examples.

There was a play in which there needed to be a plantation owner and slaves. The plantation owner part was filled with a black person, while the slaves were a mix of black and white. They wanted to be colorblind, and completely didnt pay attention to the fact that his color wouldnt work with the role. I am not a racist person, I believe he should not have been cast just like a woman should not be cast as the father in a play. Their discription does not match the characters.

A family friend works for the FBI. he is a very hard worker, etc. he has one black(or maybe mexican. The point is that the other person was a minority) co-worker at his level. This co-worker did not put forward as much effort as my friend did, not that he wasnt doing his job, he just wasnt working at promotion-worthy level. Well, when it was time for new managers and whoever, the co-worker got the job. You know why? They needed to promote a certain number of minorities so that they wouldnt get sued.

I could go on, but that is not what this thread is about, so im going to stop talking now

---pineapple

[edit on 30-7-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It is a lifestyle choice because how can God make a baby be born with sin?

I thought that was the whole thing about Christianity? I thought everyone was born with sin? Could you explain, because now I'm very confused.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin

I thought that was the whole thing about Christianity? I thought everyone was born with sin? Could you explain, because now I'm very confused.

I was under the impression that bapthism was nessesary to remove the sin.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I am a Muslim, not a Christian,sorry for the mixup

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Jakko, how am I wrong on my stance as it being a lifestyle choice? Is there a recessive gay gene that turns on or something?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I was under the impression that bapthism was nessesary to remove the sin.

Not in christianity. That is an impression that The Church gives, but it is not true. Baptism is an outward display of an inward change.

---pineapple

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Do you think that being gay is a choice/lifestyle or a way of being born?

You seem to be one of the folks who thinks it's a decision.
You're wrong.

So you ask an opinion question, and when someone answers you, you tell them they are wrong?

I am not saying i agree with him/her. But dont call someone wrong when they answer a question that hasnt been proven.

---pineapple

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I am catholic and we believe that everyone is born with original sin(something to do with adam and eve or something, ill look it up for you if anyone wants). We baptize our children as babies to cleanse them of it, but doesnt necesarily mean that 'you have to be catholic now'. Later in life if you want to proceed in the christian faith as a catholic based on your own adult desicion, you do... around the age of 16 or 17, but you can later than that. Anyways after you are baptized and want to futher worship as a christian catholic than that choice is made in Confirmation after a couple weeks of teaching and training and shows that it was your desicion and not a desicion of your parents.

Anyways sorry for getting off topic, i think its important to state this before ppl start bashing catholics for baptizing as babies. and before anyone starts my parents and i didnt start out as catholics, we were southern baps, one day we went to a wrong church out of town(catholic of course) and we thought the mass was beautiful, and for other reasons converted. anyways..peace

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
So you ask an opinion question, and when someone answers you, you tell them they are wrong?

Exactly.
I asked opinions to see how many people on these boards are wrong.
I thought everyone knew what being gay means, but it seems to me quite a lot have no clue what it even is.
I realize my "you're wrong" is hardly educating, let stand enough to change someones mind, but then I am not sure what is.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Jakko, how am I wrong on my stance as it being a lifestyle choice? Is there a recessive gay gene that turns on or something?

If there was that kind of proof, you would have known better allready.
I base my knowledge on experiments on animals and plain conversations with people who were born gay.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't even understand why our society is so obsessed with this? Why is it a big political and moral issue? What difference does it make to you what your neighbor does in their bedroom? Why does it offend straight people? I just don't understand why this is such a senstive topic that it has taken up 8 pages on this site? It would be interesting to learn if there is proven to be a specific gene or chemical that causes this just so that we can better understand human behavior and biology but beyond that I just don't get why the uproar.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
trust me people, if they are gay, they have a disorder...kind of like being compulsive. If you talk to any gay person they

are either....
*rich and lived life to fast with a boring father figure.
*raised around with older sister(s) and a moma's boy
*likes the thrill of doing the "wrong" thing.
*thinks hes gay because he had a lot of feminine characteristics or couldnt find a girlfriend.

---with these four catagories what does your fellow gay person fall into.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Havent we discussed this in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And just to make the point, why did God make Eve after he made Adam?If God intended to make people gay he would have made another male. For you nonbelievers take it from a biologists perspective: Why did nature opt out for a male and female counterpart in higher organisms as opposed to single sex? I strongly urge people to take a second look at the above thread as I have made my point crystal clear. It is a lifestyle choice because how can God make a baby be born with sin?

Not everyone considers homosexuality to be a sin.

Homosexuality and bisexuality aren't something new to mankind, but those two phrases are comparitively brand new.

Sexual personae is defined not only by heredity but environment and personality. People aren't pre-programmed machines living in a sterile environment.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If there was that kind of proof, you would have known better allready.
I base my knowledge on experiments on animals and plain conversations with people who were born gay.

People born gay? You know what?! If a five years old kid realizes that he is gay, he definately needs help. If he doesn't get that help, he will become a gay and his entire life may be ruined...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1halucinogen1
trust me people, if they are gay, they have a disorder...kind of like being compulsive. If you talk to any gay person they

are either....
*rich and lived life to fast with a boring father figure.
*raised around with older sister(s) and a moma's boy
*likes the thrill of doing the "wrong" thing.
*thinks hes gay because he had a lot of feminine characteristics or couldnt find a girlfriend.

---with these four catagories what does your fellow gay person fall into.

There are many reasons which lead to become a gay. First of all, a gay has to find a partner, and try, how does it feel being a gay. How does someone know he is a gay, if he has never ever tried? At that time it is called sexual disorder, nothing more. After he goes in bed with another male, and he realizes that it feels nice, then he IS a gay. But if a man with sexual disorder goes in bed with a female, he will find out what is being straight...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join