It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being gay a choice/lifestyle?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It is so easy to describe this whole gay thing with genetics... but nobody on earth believes that. Why? Because some people can see in the mind of gays, who describe themselves as being born with that... well, what happens if someone kills a man? He may think, that it feels so good. Then, he does it over and over again. To him, it is a lifestyle, a genetic problem, or anything that is not bad at all. To the justice, it is a crime. Being a gay, is also only hard at the beginning, once the "normal" man finds out that it is not bad at all, he may keep on practising it. There could be quite many examples, like pedophilia, animal sex, or necrophilia, to which a person can addict to, and in fact, he may claim that he likes what he is doing. So if pedophils would be numerous, the same thing would occur as with the gays, but it is forbidden, that is why is not done frequently. If the gay relationships would be handled as crime, I am sure that nearly all gays would have wife, healthy family and beautiful life. But now, being a gay is a struggle, and gays have to be on the run in most countries.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbil
Can you tell me how you can disagree? And please, don't base your responce of dogma. Use science ok?

Dogma!?! Me??? Wow, you really are new here.

Respected scientific theories, hu! How about the National Geographic News article that I posted yesterday?

Dunbar says the bonobo's use of homosexual activity for social bonding is a possible example, adding, "One of the main arguments for human homosexual behavior is that it helps bond male groups together, particularly where a group of individuals are dependent on each other, as they might be in hunting or warfare."

For instance, the Spartans, in ancient Greece, encouraged homosexuality among their elite troops. "They had the not unreasonable belief that individuals would stick by and make all efforts to rescue other individuals if they had a lover relationship," Dunbar added.

Another suggestion is that homosexuality is a developmental phase people go through. He said, "This is similar to the argument of play in young animals to get their brain and muscles to work effectively and together. Off the back of this, there's the possibility you can get individuals locked into this phase for the rest of their lives as a result of the social environment they grow up in."

But he adds that homosexuality doesn't necessarily have to have a function. It could be a spin-off or by-product of something else and in itself carries no evolutionary weight."

He cites sexual gratification, which encourages procreation, as an example. "An organism is designed to maximize its motivational systems," he adds.

In other words, if the urge to have sex is strong enough it may spill over into nonreproductive sex, as suggested by the actions of the bonobos and macaques. However, as Dunbar admits, there's a long way to go before the causes of homosexuality in humans are fully understood.

There is another thread on it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here we have a theory on homosexuality which gives a reason for such behavior that is not because of genetic predisposition.

What about people that choose to be gay (like heterosexuals in prison), bisexuals, people that feel differently about what gender is attractive to them half way through their lives and the like?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The answer to this question is both... It is something you are born with and a descision you make on it later in life.

Anyone who interacts with children on a daily basis, know even from an early age a child can have those tendencies. ie, that boy who when you were younger would rather have jumped rope then play ball, or play with dolls then go out and ride bikes, or they just have qualities or characteristics of the opposite sex. Later when you realize they are matter of fact a homosexual it hits you that you 'should have known all along'. It has happened to me with a couple of childhood freinds.

Now as adults it is thier descision wether or not to follow up on those urges. Now not all follow the same path. Some grow up normal but later decide that they are indeed homosexual, or vise versa.peace

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Respected scientific theories, hu! How about the National Geographic News article that I posted yesterday?

Yeah what about it??
What does it show Jonna, maybe my interpretation is lacking, but I don't see any hard evidence to backup anything you say.
There is a difference you see, between analysing the brains of gay sheep, and trying to explain the behavior of animals showing gay behavior.

My opinion is that the scientist that came up with the "maybe it's for bonding" apecrap really has no idea what he's talking about.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think in the age of the Internet, where you can see that people have sexual tastes, preferences, and fetishes about everything from having sex with goats, to giant women, to astronauts, to aliens, to robots, to furniture, to anime characters, to 'furries,' that lesbian and gay sex is pretty freaking vanilla.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
furniture?
I've always had a thing for furniture!
hmmm, could you u2u me those url's...

(just kidding)

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yes, that is true. But we all know, that people having sex with goat or most frequently with dogs, don't advertize their sexual viewpoints, because most ppl consider it as anomal abuse, which is a crime at the law. It still remains the wonderful feeling of those, who practise it, some ppl love having sex with rotting corpses, adn they may claim, that it is better than the gay relationships. Well, now if anyone says that these ppl are sick, then gays are surely sick, too.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Yes, that is true. But we all know, that people having sex with goat or most frequently with dogs, don't advertize their sexual viewpoints, because most ppl consider it as anomal abuse, which is a crime at the law. It still remains the wonderful feeling of those, who practise it, some ppl love having sex with rotting corpses, adn they may claim, that it is better than the gay relationships. Well, now if anyone says that these ppl are sick, then gays are surely sick, too.

Istvan, I don't think you are making much sense with what you are saying. Maybe you can explain it. Or maybe you're trolling this thread?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
furniture?
I've always had a thing for furniture!
hmmm, could you u2u me those url's...

(just kidding)

My sister's first boyfriend was the staircase's handrail.
She went on to better prospects, but I hear a lot of young girls go through the handrail infatuation stage.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, I try to explain it briefly:

If people do not accept the sexual habitats of those having sex with goats, pigs, snakes, children or corpses, why do gays try to validate their sewxual viewpoints at the community or law?!

At this point, pedophils should do the same thing. First, legalize the pedophilia at the law, then legalize the marrige of 45yrs old men with 6 yrs old girls, and so on.

The reason why we see more gays then pedophils, is that the law is against pedophilia. It does not mean, that pedophils are less then gays, or that they are criminals.

Furthermore, there could be far more people using their pets as lover, than gays on this planet.

I do not mean to haress anybody with my viewpoint, but I find it funny that gays try to make the whole thing look like they are black/white, or healthy/ill.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

Originally posted by Jonna

Yeah what about it??
What does it show Jonna, maybe my interpretation is lacking, but I don't see any hard evidence to backup anything you say.
There is a difference you see, between analysing the brains of gay sheep, and trying to explain the behavior of animals showing gay behavior.

When did I say proof? If anyone had proof then the discussion would be over. Try looking up the word theory as that is what I said.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm going to answer "both"...as I believe it is different for the individual.

My brother was "born" gay. He never saw girls in that way... I think it's inherent in nature (how many gay animals have you seen?)...not a conscious choice (who'd choose a life of persecution?). However, for a very few, it is likely a choice....but they are the exception, not the rule I'd wager.

Personally, I think Andrew Dice Clay said it best...."How can a guy look at another man's hairy ass and go, oh yeah, I gotta have that!!!???"
I just don't get it... Lesbians, I get, they like what I like...and women are beautiful... I can look at a guy and go "yeah, he's handsome" and all, but I still get kind of "eewwww" when I see dudes kiss....

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm going to answer "both"...as I believe it is different for the individual.

My brother was "born" gay. He never saw girls in that way... I think it's inherent in nature (how many gay animals have you seen?)...not a conscious choice (who'd choose a life of persecution?). However, for a very few, it is likely a choice....but they are the exception, not the rule I'd wager.

Personally, I think Andrew Dice Clay said it best...."How can a guy look at another man's hairy ass and go, oh yeah, I gotta have that!!!???"
I just don't get it... Lesbians, I get, they like what I like...and women are beautiful... I can look at a guy and go "yeah, he's handsome" and all, but I still get kind of "eewwww" when I see dudes kiss....

Yeah, that makes me sick, too. I have seen gays on the street feeling each other, and kissing damn hard. I felt, that I need to throw up immediately.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Istvan, I still don't see how you can make a comparison between pedophilia and gay people.

Firstly, gay people usually engage with each other by mutual consent. (I see no crime here.)
Peodophiles engage with children by preying on their innocence, and lack of understanding of what it really means to sexually engage with someone.
Children of course, are not physically nor mentally mature to engage in such activities. Rape also occurs in these circumstances.(This is a really huge crime and indeed disgusting.)

I fail to see how you think the above activities are linked.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They are linked, as they are both in the "not normal sexual desires" category. But once again, what is normal anyways?

Istvan, you sound very immature.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I say, normal sex is between a male and a female. I know, that I have gone too far in this thread, but what I described above, are not fiction, people do practise that sort of sex in their own manner, and for them it is as beautiful feeling as for gays their relationship.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Or straight people in a relationship.
There really is no difference.

I was talking about your "I get so sick I wanna throw up" comment.
Such hysterical semi-funny comments are out of place in this thread.
And if it was serious you need some hardcore therapy.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Probably, there is no need to argue with gays about gay relationship, am I right? You have your own viewpoint, and I have mine.

Still, there is no proven fact, that gays are born being gay. That is nonsense, and the majority of people would not believe that at all. You have free choice whatever do with your life, but bear the consequences. People on Earth will always reject gays, no matter how hard they try.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
People on Earth will always reject gays, no matter how hard they try.

Now I find this to be a percular comment. Do you mean society as a whole or individuals?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Havent we discussed this in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And just to make the point, why did God make Eve after he made Adam?If God intended to make people gay he would have made another male. For you nonbelievers take it from a biologists perspective: Why did nature opt out for a male and female counterpart in higher organisms as opposed to single sex? I strongly urge people to take a second look at the above thread as I have made my point crystal clear. It is a lifestyle choice because how can God make a baby be born with sin?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join