It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is being gay a choice/lifestyle?

page: 16
0
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
yes i looked at the link and it gave no Genetic inheritance proof whatso ever:


"BRAIN STUDY
...This particular study, along with others, strongly suggests that sexual preference is biologically determined in animals and possibly in humans," said Charles Roselli, a professor of physiology and pharmacology who led the research team."


They say it is a possibity. There is no reason for the brain abnormality, they do not know if it is genetic or environment related. An accident may have well damaged part of the brain. We are looking at a side affect, not the cause. Note it is a "brain study", which usually deals with decision making processes. Not gentic traits.

[edit on 15-8-2004 by TACHYON]




posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

esther...I couldn't agree more! It's not right that gay couple, together for years, not be able to even visit when one becomes critically ill because they are not "family", or have many of the other "right" straight couples have....Gay getting married doesn't effect my marriage, or any ones else's....I'm sick of people hating people because of sexual preference....which has nothing to do with them at all...and hiding behind their religion as an excuse....it's despicable! They "play God" and not even follow their own religions rules....they sit and judge others and hate with ignorance!


We dont judge others, we guide them to the correct path.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
I used to be quite conservative, not liking gays just because they were gay. Well, a couple years ago, someone very very close to me found out he was bisexual. Before this, he'd had countless girlfriends - at one point he had gone through three in one day. But I suppose he slowly came to terms with it- he said he had been fighting it since 6th grade. Recently, I asked him how the whole thing is going. He told me that he was going to have sex with his girlfriend, but it just didn't work. So, it definitely wasn't a choice for him. I can respect them as people. Though I draw the line at giving minorities such as gays special rights to bring them above the majority of people.


It may have well been a choice for him. He was probably scarred with past relationships and he had had enough. Just out of curiousty, are you assuming "it defintely wasn't a choice for him" or did he explicity state it and honestly believe it?



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Esther how can we be judging when it is stated in the texts it is wrong. I mean ive heard about "reading between the lines", but this is not that. It is literal translation.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I would say that it must appear like you are born with it, but I think it is a lifestyle/choice. Why because of the many homosexual people I have known, and talked to, a giant chunk of them took on a feminine, almost like what a steareotype of a women might be. That to me, tells me "just my opinion" that it is not so much about likeing the same sex, but more or less about wanting to be the opposite sex, and the opposite sex would like the same sex that the person might be. Hmmm how do I explain this, ok , my opinion, Guy wants to be girl, girls like boys, so he likes boys. And vice versa, look at how many couples have a strong butch member. This is just my observation, and I do not want to anger anyone, or think I am a jerk. For one I have known people that have been gay all there life and just stopped. I also think that if we take John doe 1, who happens to be gay, and then recreate his whole life again in another enviroment, we might see a straight John or Jane doe. I think it has to do with the enviroment, as for being born with it, that would have to Genetic, and well that would pretty much say that man is moving backwards since reproduction is a part of every creature. Sorry for spelling I am speed writing.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Wow, another gay related thread that gets a huge response. Who cares, if your not gay dont try to figure out someone else's way of life. Just let it be.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
I would say that it must appear like you are born with it, but I think it is a lifestyle/choice. Why because of the many homosexual people I have known, and talked to, a giant chunk of them took on a feminine, almost like what a steareotype of a women might be. That to me, tells me "just my opinion" that it is not so much about likeing the same sex, but more or less about wanting to be the opposite sex, and the opposite sex would like the same sex that the person might be. Hmmm how do I explain this, ok , my opinion, Guy wants to be girl, girls like boys, so he likes boys. And vice versa, look at how many couples have a strong butch member. This is just my observation, and I do not want to anger anyone, or think I am a jerk. For one I have known people that have been gay all there life and just stopped. I also think that if we take John doe 1, who happens to be gay, and then recreate his whole life again in another enviroment, we might see a straight John or Jane doe. I think it has to do with the enviroment, as for being born with it, that would have to Genetic, and well that would pretty much say that man is moving backwards since reproduction is a part of every creature. Sorry for spelling I am speed writing.


Excellent point: why would you exaggerate the stereotypes of the opposite sex, for no other reason but for exception. Some gay men are more feminine than normal females. It shows that they are purposely trying to hard to become someone they are not.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Wow, another gay related thread that gets a huge response. Who cares, if your not gay dont try to figure out someone else's way of life. Just let it be.


Everybody who responeded to this thread cares. It is all around us, maybe if you will look around you and observe the world you will see what you are missing.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON

Everybody who responeded to this thread cares. It is all around us, maybe if you will look around you and observe the world you will see what you are missing.


Maybe you should listen to your own advice. Im not missing a thing.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by esther

And can any you fundies actually make ANY argument about gays without bringing God into it? Any at all? No, because you would have no case. I challenge you to actually make an argument that would hold up under any legal scrutiny, yet you are not allowed to use the words faith, God, Jesus, Bible, sin or any other religious concept. I am very prepared to answer any half-a$$ed retort you can come up, as long as it conforms to the criteria stated.

Can you do it? I haven't seen it yet and I've been in advocacy for almost 15 years. And you'd better make it good because I'm a pro at this one.

esther.


Ok I shall come up with a response and you must counter it:

There is no actual proof of genetic inheritance of gays. Studies have been done but Scienticts are still not sure. There is no 1.0 correleation between being gay and the results of their studies. Produce any evidence that cannot be countered that shows that being gay is directly related to a single inheritance factor or set of factors. Remeber there must be absolute correlation of 1.0.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by TACHYON

Everybody who responeded to this thread cares. It is all around us, maybe if you will look around you and observe the world you will see what you are missing.


Maybe you should listen to your own advice. Im not missing a thing.


I have and my posts are my observations to the world, feel free to criticise.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
"BRAIN STUDY
...This particular study, along with others, strongly suggests that sexual preference is biologically determined in animals and possibly in humans," said Charles Roselli, a professor of physiology and pharmacology who led the research team."

They say it is a possibity. There is no reason for the brain abnormality, they do not know if it is genetic or environment related. An accident may have well damaged part of the brain. We are looking at a side affect, not the cause. Note it is a "brain study", which usually deals with decision making processes. Not gentic traits.


You are truly an ignorant being, you see what you want to see and ignore everything else.
You're a discrace to Christianity, and I hope people will not link your ignorance to the Christian religion.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Actually Im a muslim. Sorry for the mixup.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by esther

Originally posted by TACHYON
Ok I shall come up with a response and you must counter it:

There is no actual proof of genetic inheritance of gays. Studies have been done but Scienticts are still not sure. There is no 1.0 correleation between being gay and the results of their studies. Produce any evidence that cannot be countered that shows that being gay is directly related to a single inheritance factor or set of factors. Remeber there must be absolute correlation of 1.0.


I never said there was any genetic correlation. You are confusing me with someone else.

Nice try at deflecting my challenge with your own challenge (albeit, an irrelevent one since I did not make the genetic argument nor have I even commented on the genetic factor). This says to me that you truly have no case and that you are aware of it.

Answer the question I originally asked, if you don't mind. Have the others help you to stay focused if necessary.


Can you make the argument or not?

esther.


My argument is the fact there is no scientific proof that being gay is a choice. You cannot counter it.



[edit on 15-8-2004 by TACHYON]



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Look just one post above your last post, that is my starting argument.



posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join