It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being gay a choice/lifestyle?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It is because of your location, that you see gays having great life. Other countries don't accept gays, and they have to somewhere else in order to get a job, or walk on the street free with his boyfriend. In fact, there are few places in the world, where gays can have a normal life. At this point, gays can't be sure that others are being honest to them.

This may either be the problem of the society, or the gays. Anyone can take a choice, which is the cause of this problem.

My opinion is simple: you have to addict to the community, the community will not addict to you. The other possibility is to always be on the run , which is not very good.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It's not a choice, it's a way of being born as proven by the sheep experiments.

Are you ignorant enough to ignore scientific proof Istvan?

www.abc.net.au...

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Jakko]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yeah, probably right. But what does this really mean? Scientists are searching for the cure of homophilia. Soon homosexuals will be cured, and the world will only consist of heterosexual human beings. This is good news.

Until then, homosexuals will be treated as those with their choice being gays, because few people read this reuters news. Of course, in order to marry, gays will need to take that pill and find a wife.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This proves that gay people are born gay Istvan.
This means you were wrong this entire thread.
And then you say "who reads reuters anyway?".
You are making a complete fool out of yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You forgot to use the word "perhaps"... you know, very well that it is not proven yet. The sheep experiment is only one viewpoint, and it is done with animals, not humans. The brain disability of gay sheep does not mean, that gay humans can do nothing about homophilia. It only means one thing: scientists are about to stop that wide spread of homophilia, and they will find the cure. The other question remains: do gays want to remain sick, or not? As far as I know, gays do nothing to become straight, in fact they want to give way to homophilia, and they are looking for a society filled with gays.

I ask the question: what is that ill person, who is looking for several legal rights for his illness?

Even if the scientists will find the cure of homophilia, the gays will not accept it.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Are you serious?
If even this kind of proof does not convince you, then nothing will.
I am done talking to you, if you are not interested in the truth it's not my problem, stay ignorant.
Ignored.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Jakko]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You don't know the truth, only scientists know by now, but the article is old. Currently homophilia is not treated as illness, rather a lifestyle. So up to date, there is nothing to prove, that gays can do nothing about their "illness". They like what they are doing.

The human intelligence is capable of handling such mental problem, as the sexual desire is quite different to that of the sheep.

Dru

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Alright show of hands. Who thinks we should all just put the moron on ignore so we never have to read another one of his crap posts again?

Ugh I hate losers like him. They're the reason why I hate my religion more and more everyday!

Deny ignorance remember? So pull your head out of your butt and start actually using that little thing called a brain!

Actually talk to a gay person for a start. One of my best friends is gay. She's been gay since she was born. She was never tramatized, she was never around gay people to be influanced, and she didn't make a choice. It's just how she is! It's not a choice it's just how some people are born. If you got a problem with that take it up with God. He's the one who made them. So if it's anyone fault it's His.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Dru]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dru
Alright show of hands. Who thinks we should all just put the moron on ignore so we never have to read another one of his crap posts again?

Ugh I hate losers like him. They're the reason why I hate my religion more and more everyday!

Deny ignorance remember? So pull your head out of you ass and start actually using that little thing called a brain!

Actually talk to a gay person for a start. One of my best friends is gay. She's been gay since she was born. She was never tramatized, she was never around gay people to be influanced, and she didn't make a choice. It's just how she is! It's not a choice it's just how some people are born. If you got a problem with that take it up with God. He's the one who made them. So if it's anyone fault it's His.

How did she know she was gay when she was in huggies?

Dru

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
She's just always known. She's always liked girls more then boys. Hell she even had her freaking dolls in same sex realationships!

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Somehow...I expected a childish, absurdity like this form you

Ya know...I'm a very laid back, patient, understanding person, I do have a tremendous temper when it blows...but it takes a bit to do that..but I'm straining to continue my politeness here..

Okay, I'm going to TRY and break this down into simple words that even a child might be able to understand... Your response about "How did she know she was gay in Huggies" simply exploits your stupidity, No ones knows what they want in huggies....let me explain this to you as you most likely need someone to be simple with you, so here goes....when you get near to puberty, you begin to become attracted to other people, some boys find they are attracted to blondes, or larger breasts, or girls find they are attracted to guys that are taller or shorter....those that are gay, find themselves attracted to the same sex....is this simple enough for you to comprehend? Perhaps your problem is blindness, and ignorance or simply a sort of mental block you may of had as a child, maybe your parents "beat you with the belt" until you were brain washed into the ignorance that you seem to get a REAL kick out of, exploiting your stupidity all over this board, please... if you're going to make an argument, PLEASE, use some intelligence to back it up, and argue your opinion with some background and proof to prove your statements and make yourself seem more intelligent, rather then a child trying to continue a argument when cornered and responds with random nonsense, in other words, until you're open minded, and a little more witty, find another way of being an, well....what you are being There is more relevant proof to being born gay, there is no type of proof what-so-ever to support your ridiculous, closed minded, religious fanaticism of choosing to be gay.....

[edit on 8/14/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

Originally posted by Istvan
Well, then being a pedophile is also not a choice. A pedophile is born to be a pedophile, it is in his genes, and he can do nothing on earth to become straight, even knowing that it is a crime what he is doing...

It's not a crime to be turned on by little kids. It is a crime to have sex with little kids. Do you even understand the difference between desire to have sex and actual sex?
Of course pedophilia is not a choice, but putting it into practise is.

Honestly are there people on these boards that think pedophilia is a choice? How ignorant can one be...

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Jakko]

Hello,
Well, actually, to be turned on by little kids whether one does the act or not is a perversion just like other forms of sexual misconduct like homosexuality, having sex with animals, etc. The problem? Because in time many people carry out the deeds that they spend a lot of time dwelling upon. This happens all the time. And if you dwell on such stuff EVEN if you don't carry it out, it becomes a part of your character and nature.

And I totally disagree with you. It is a choice. All these issues start from following lusts. And from reading this board I am more than convinced than ever that a large part of the problems lies in mankind doing what's right in his own eyes instead of doing what is right in Yahweh's eyes.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I used to be quite conservative, not liking gays just because they were gay. Well, a couple years ago, someone very very close to me found out he was bisexual. Before this, he'd had countless girlfriends - at one point he had gone through three in one day. But I suppose he slowly came to terms with it- he said he had been fighting it since 6th grade. Recently, I asked him how the whole thing is going. He told me that he was going to have sex with his girlfriend, but it just didn't work. So, it definitely wasn't a choice for him. I can respect them as people. Though I draw the line at giving minorities such as gays special rights to bring them above the majority of people.

Edit: Above I'm thinking of uber-liberals who may or may not be gay pretty much saying they can't get jobs on their own and issues like that, demanding special rights. I know, there are descrimination issues that call for that, I guess I'm just too trusting that people won't descriminate. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

[edit on 15-8-2004 by SmileyMan34]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
esther...I couldn't agree more! It's not right that gay couple, together for years, not be able to even visit when one becomes critically ill because they are not "family", or have many of the other "right" straight couples have....Gay getting married doesn't effect my marriage, or any ones else's....I'm sick of people hating people because of sexual preference....which has nothing to do with them at all...and hiding behind their religion as an excuse....it's despicable! They "play God" and not even follow their own religions rules....they sit and judge others and hate with ignorance!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiza
And I totally disagree with you. It is a choice. All these issues start from following lusts.

Following lust?
Maybe you should wake up and look around. In this world everyone follows lust. Is your point that gay people should not follow their lust just because they were born gay?
Lust is not a choice you know.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dru
She's just always known. She's always liked girls more then boys. Hell she even had her freaking dolls in same sex realationships!

Well Ive alwyas used to play with GI Joe and place them in tactical encounters, but you dont see me acting out those things. Just becuase a child plays with toys in a manner doesnet mean it is proof they are gay, maybe she saw it on TV and was doing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Somehow...I expected a childish, absurdity like this form you

Ya know...I'm a very laid back, patient, understanding person, I do have a tremendous temper when it blows...but it takes a bit to do that..but I'm straining to continue my politeness here..

Okay, I'm going to TRY and break this down into simple words that even a child might be able to understand... Your response about "How did she know she was gay in Huggies" simply exploits your stupidity, No ones knows what they want in huggies....let me explain this to you as you most likely need someone to be simple with you, so here goes....when you get near to puberty, you begin to become attracted to other people, some boys find they are attracted to blondes, or larger breasts, or girls find they are attracted to guys that are taller or shorter....those that are gay, find themselves attracted to the same sex....is this simple enough for you to comprehend? Perhaps your problem is blindness, and ignorance or simply a sort of mental block you may of had as a child, maybe your parents "beat you with the belt" until you were brain washed into the ignorance that you seem to get a REAL kick out of, exploiting your stupidity all over this board, please... if you're going to make an argument, PLEASE, use some intelligence to back it up, and argue your opinion with some background and proof to prove your statements and make yourself seem more intelligent, rather then a child trying to continue a argument when cornered and responds with random nonsense, in other words, until you're open minded, and a little more witty, find another way of being an, well....what you are being There is more relevant proof to being born gay, there is no type of proof what-so-ever to support your ridiculous, closed minded, religious fanaticism of choosing to be gay.....

[edit on 8/14/2004 by LadyV]

yes but the blonde is of the opposite sex, the big breasted fembot is of the oppisite sex, the taller guy was of the opposite sex, the shorter guy was of the opposite sex, but being attracted to the same sex is not normal. And I have made certianly valid points that a baby cannot distinguish truth, reality and fantasy at the same time. So how is it possible for an infant to claim to a scientist "Im gay."

[edit on 15-8-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
yes but the blonde is of the opposite sex, the big breasted fembot is of the oppisite sex, the taller guy was of the opposite sex, the shorter guy was of the opposite sex, but being attracted to the same sex is not normal.

What's normal?
You're not normal either, that's for sure.
Did you look that link about gay sheep tachyon?
I don't think such proof will make your ignorance decrease, but I am curious to what your reply will be.
Probably the same "sheep are not humans" nonsense...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join