It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being gay a choice/lifestyle?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IstvanA mentally normal gay would simply learn, how to be a hetrosexual.

I'm not sure that this is possible or even desirable, but society has the right to expect those whose proclivities are anti-social to control those proclivities in the same way that all of us are required to conform to socially accepted expectations for behavior.

[edit on 04/8/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Due to something, proving that we are not animals, humans have chance to deal quite well with their abilities/disabilities. So let's state, that gays are born gay: what to do at this point? A mentally normal gay would simply learn, how to be a hetrosexual. Here comes the final point: Most gays don't even wabt to change their sexual life. They don't care that an entire community spits on them, they like what they are doing. This is the case...

Well put, Istvan, this is entierly true. Like you summarize what i have tried to say quite well. I completely agree

It works for hetrosexual people as well as most of us dont want to be gay. I have heard of some people going both ways though and then still going back to gay. This is the case with my old friend Anthony. I convinced him to try and get a GF back in high school and sure enough he got one. She wasnt bad but after a few months Anthony dumped her and went back becasue he didnt like it at all... Thats all i got to say

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Being watching your great comments, just prooved once more, how anything that uses all our five senses, can be a field of a top-discussion

Yes Our Sexuality is stimulated by all five senses.
That's why sometimes... We just can't resist !!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Animals can't control their sexual activity. They do that anywhere, anytime... There are gay monkeys, sheep, and necro gay ducks.

We, humans have the wonderful capability to take control over this, and only the barbarian, under educated low grade people can't or don't control their sexual needs.

So if a mentally healthy person somehow at the age of 40 finds out that he must be gay, he will not create sexual relationship with a male, because his education denies that.

My opinion is, that pure genetics is not the explanation for homophilia, a human being has full responsibility over his actions, and if he is aware that what he is about to do is wrong, he will not keep up with that. it is quite simple, gays gotta learn to deal with women, and they won't be harrassed through the rest of their life. And I say, it is a lot more beautiful to have a relationship with a lady, but it requires a higher standard of knowledge to deal with them. No doubt, gays hardly need to express emotions and love towards their partner, but women desire all that.

so your saying that a gay man who becomes a closet case is better off? lmao yeah I mean I am shure some gay people can make themselves have straight sex and have a wife but it doesnt change who they are at the core.
and I am shure no str8 woman who wants a 100% honest man which includes being honest with himeslf would want what you are suggesting.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Pedophilia is not always about raping childsren. Most pedophiles are sex offenders, and they create mutal relationships with their victims, who actually allow the sex. The best relationships are with young boys, who don't talk for years, and the "gay" sex offender can have more parties safely. He can be an everyday person, only during his private lifestyle he is being turned on by kids.

Homosexual relationships are actually between adults, this is why it is legal. That's the only difference.

yes but this pedifillia isnt exclusive to gay people its also verry popular in the str8 community and all them teen fetish sites makeing all that money prove that.

anyone who wants to have sex with anyone that looks 13 years old reguardless if they are really that old or or just trying to look that way are sick

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
Well put, Istvan, this is entierly true. Like you summarize what i have tried to say quite well. I completely agree

It works for hetrosexual people as well as most of us dont want to be gay. I have heard of some people going both ways though and then still going back to gay. This is the case with my old friend Anthony. I convinced him to try and get a GF back in high school and sure enough he got one. She wasnt bad but after a few months Anthony dumped her and went back becasue he didnt like it at all... Thats all i got to say

The problem with your friend is unique. Having a relationship with a girl, requires special teachings from both parents, school and friends. There are people, who change girlfriends every month. Simply, because they just can't deal with girls.

But I assume, a gay finds another gay with less chance, than a hetro a girlfriend. Still, if I would feel being gay, I would do as much as possible, to keep away from homophilia. Simply, because the human society is filled with hatred towards them (the reason could be anything), and I feel being part of this society, and all that torture just doesn't worth it at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Still, if I would feel being gay, I would do as much as possible, to keep away from homophilia. Simply, because the human society is filled with hatred towards them (the reason could be anything), and I feel being part of this society, and all that torture just doesn't worth it at all.

Don't you think that's a little easy to say?
What if it was the other way around, gay was the standard and being straight was considered wrong/bad/unacceptable.
Would you give up having sex, or a relationship and just stay a virgin your entire life, or even try relationships with guys, because you want to fit in?
I think that's somewhat like the struggle gay people go through.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Don't you think that's a little easy to say?
What if it was the other way around, gay was the standard and being straight was considered wrong/bad/unacceptable.
Would you give up having sex, or a relationship and just stay a virgin your entire life, or even try relationships with guys, because you want to fit in?
I think that's somewhat like the struggle gay people go through.

Well, here comes my strange opinion, but could be true: Every person can learn to be gay/straight. When someone can see the presence of his mother and father, he will know from the very beginning, that they are together. Therefore, if I learn to be gay from the very beginning, by the time I achieve an age of awareness, I will know, what is right.

Just the same: why do we wear clothes? Because we learnt to do so. Normally, human beings should be naked, just like all other creatures here.

There is another viewpoint, too. Suicide bombers learn to serve their nation from their very early age, so that when they become teenagers, they will obey high command without refuse. Why do they blow themselves up? Because they learnt to do so, it has nothing to do with genetics. Also, they learn to be gay, in order to avoud love with girls, who might turn them against their leader. Most of the 911 attackers were living gay life for only this reason.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Well, here comes my strange opinion, but could be true: Every person can learn to be gay/straight. When someone can see the presence of his mother and father, he will know from the very beginning, that they are together. Therefore, if I learn to be gay from the very beginning, by the time I achieve an age of awareness, I will know, what is right.

That would mean all kids raised by straight couples become straight, and all kids raised by gay couples become gay.
And this is not even slightly the case.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Istvan, my Friend, you are forgeting that what pushes us in one or another direction(or in all) towards our sexual needs, is already coded, in our DNA strains.

Although, changes, events, traumas, during early years, can change the course of the expected.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

That would mean all kids raised by straight couples become straight, and all kids raised by gay couples become gay.
And this is not even slightly the case.

It does mean that! But why do you think, that all parents care for their children, Or even if they do, they may not know how to deal with their kids. It is not only about gays, but drugs, murderous behaviour, and everything else, that is wrong. Parents may want their best for the children, but they will not necessarily reach their goal.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HARAK
Istvan, my Friend, you are forgeting that what pushes us in one or another direction(or in all) towards our sexual needs, is already coded, in our DNA strains.

Although, changes, events, traumas, during early years, can change the course of the expected.

I do not forget that, and also, it is not yet proven, that it is so. Let's assume, that it is coded. People who are genetically supposed to be aggressive and the serial killer mind has genetically evolved in their body, can still behave like an angel for a lifetime, if caring parents have the capability to teach them what is right, and what is wrong.

Sexual desire should not be separated from the rest of the behaviour of a man, it is in there, and part of the mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Istvan you're wrong okay?
That kind of summs up all of your input.
I'm sorry I have to say it this harsh, but it's the truth.

Gay couples do not raise children that turn out to be gay, children in general are not taught to be gay or straight, and straight couples that love eachother and their children do not only raise straight children either.

Being gay is a state in which you are born, or not.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It is too brief explanation to be true. Even if someone is born gay, he can do everything (with the assistance of loving parents) to be a straight person, and kive a wonderful life.

But the real question always remains being asked: Gays why don't they try to do anything to be straight?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Istvan you're wrong okay?
That kind of summs up all of your input.
I'm sorry I have to say it this harsh, but it's the truth.

Gay couples do not raise children that turn out to be gay, children in general are not taught to be gay or straight, and straight couples that love eachother and their children do not only raise straight children either.

How can you be sure?
Now i'm gonna play your part...Give me PROOf of that!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It is too brief explanation to be true. Even if someone is born gay, he can do everything (with the assistance of loving parents) to be a straight person, and live a wonderful life.

But the real question always remains being asked: Gays why don't they try to do anything to be straight?

Why do you think that gay people do not live a wonderfull life???

Is being gay NOT normal???

Why don't the straights try anything to be gay???

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Italiano]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano
Why do you think that gay people do not live a wonderfull life???

Is being gay NOT normal???

Why don't the straights try anything to be gay???

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Italiano]

In the viewpoint of the straight community, it is not normal. Did you hear the news? Gay marrige no longer exists. Gays are potential targets of street crime, they are picked on, and so on. If it is that good for them, they may do that. But anyone who has any self-conciousness, would try the most to feel secure. Gays are those few people, who must be on the run.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano
How can you be sure?
Now i'm gonna play your part...Give me PROOf of that!

Sure, ask anyone who is gay.
I am not gay, but I did talk a lot to people who are.
It's not something that can be learned or unl-learned. You're born gay ot straight, black or white, girl or boy.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IstvanIn the viewpoint of the straight community, it is not normal. Did you hear the news? Gay marrige no longer exists. Gays are potential targets of street crime, they are picked on, and so on. If it is that good for them, they may do that. But anyone who has any self-conciousness, would try the most to feel secure. Gays are those few people, who must be on the run.

Well...i'm 100% straight, and I think its VERY normal someone being gay...
I do not watch "the news", but I know one thing for sure...Politicans are MUCH more potential targets of street crime...
Those who say that being GAY is NOT normal, talking about any community...To me...they are the ones NOT normal...
If I was gay, i wouldnt run for ANYONE...I am who I am...you are who you are...Are some community's gonna change that?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakkoSure, ask anyone who is gay.
I am not gay, but I did talk a lot to people who are.
It's not something that can be learned or unl-learned. You're born gay ot straight, black or white, girl or boy.

I do not agree on that...
Every single Human Being is born with bissexual data inside their DNA strains.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join