It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for reincarnation in modern research...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Source: www.pureinsight.org...

Evidence for Reincarnation from Western Medical Research: (Part I) Dr. Wambach's Past Life Regression Studies

* Evidence for Spirit

Author:
Qing Di

Is reincarnation a beautiful fantasy or reality? After hypnosis, many people claim that they can recall prior lives and seem to be able to describe them in great detail. Are they true or just fantasies? Can this be proven scientifically? Has data been collected systematically and analyzed to prove or disprove such contentions? Yes, scientific research is based on a hypothesis, in laymen's terms a question or questions, and subsequent proof or disproof of the particular theory. In the scientific community, a hypothesis won't be accepted until evidence shows it has a high probability of being true. It is well known, though, that the scientific community will subject the prediction to still further scrutiny. It is no surprise, then, that the researcher under discussion, Dr. Helen Wambach, a psychologist, maintained a questioning attitude with respect to her study on reincarnation. As a matter of fact, Carol Moore stated that the late Dr. Wambach wanted to "debunk" reincarnation.

Mod Note : Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

Please add your your own spin to any articles you post .

edit on 25-3-2011 by xpert11 because: Trimed text , mod note , external source tags

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This article I find exceptionally interesting as it shows the real meaning of life(eliminate your attachments to desires and emotions over many lifetimes)..

www.pureinsight.org...

Evidence for Reincarnation from Western Medical Research: (Part II) Descriptions of Existence between Incarnations

"Committing suicide is another sin. This is because a person's life is pre-arranged. You have disrupted the sequence of the god's entire layout. Through the obligations you carry out to society, between people there is this kind of interrelationship. If the person dies, won't this entire sequence disrupt the god's arrangement then? If you disrupt it, he will not let you go. Therefore, committing suicide is sinful." (Falun Dafa, Lecture in Sydney)

Li Hongzhi
February 1, 2002

References

Helen Wambach,Ph.D.,Reliving past lives - The evidence under hypnosis.
Joel L. Whitton, M.D. Ph.D. and Joe Fisher, Life between life: scientific explorations into the void separating one incarnation from the next.
Michael Newton, Ph.D., Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives.
Michael Newton, Ph.D., Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives.
edit on 25-3-2011 by xpert11 because: trim text

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
What if these memories arnt caused by the transmigration of the soul after death, but were memories that were passed down through our DNA, that would make a lot more sense than reincarnation,

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
There are many cultures on Earth that have spoken that the spirit lives on and never dies, passed through one vehicle to another. Native Indians for one, Buddhists and so on. It would be no suprise to me if we have lived many times before (at least the spirit) as some people speculate.

My main interest would be the technique to activate these previous existances which seems to be meditation or hypnosis.
edit on 22-3-2011 by linkshot1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by linkshot1000

You are right about the old cultures including transmigration, also the old Nordic religion had it and early Christianity too(Gnostics, Cathars etc) had it too.

I believe past life regression is a very interesting technique to open up memories of past lives. WHat I find very interesting in Newton´s book is the story about how one after death can see what one did well and poorly, so that one can evolve spiritually through many lifetimes.

Actually I believe that is what Jesus meant when he said "Unless ye are born again(you can not reach heaven)." In Buddhism it is said one needs many lifetimes to consummate oneself.

PS: Youtbe intervies with Dr. Michael Newton, he seems very credible to me:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
awesome read i have always believed in reincarnation since i was a very little child the information u posted just reaffirmed my beliefs star and flag to you for this thread one of my favorites i have read on ATS so far

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Nice, although too long.

There was an article in some MSM channel about a boy that remembers his past life, he even went to the place he lived in his anterior life with his current parrents.

You should check it out, its on ATS somewhere

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EluThingol

You mean the thread which is called "The boy who lived before", it is also very interesting and a great indication of reincarnation being real:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A very interesting paper, thanks for the post. It does fit in with a lot of other studies and explanations that I have come across in the past. If this type of understanding can build a stronger scientific standing hopefully it will uncover and end the futility of war with the political balance finding a better equilibrium.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

You are welcome and I find a statement very interesting that Buddhist countries never started a war...

In fact, had it not been for the Catholic church deleting reincarnation in most of the old scriptures and outlawing the Gnostics(early Christians who believed in reincarnation), could we ever have had the French revolution, the world wars etc etc? Wars seem terribly degenerate in the perspective of many lives.

If one can see one´s life journey as a growth lesson towards higher ground, temporary worldly struggles are very easy to handle...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I found this post to be some of the few things I've been experiencing in real life. A very interesting and helpful read. I'd love to see more about this in the first future. Star for both of your posts.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Rishiana because: Had to change a word

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Great artical man... S&F for both..

Heres some "older" research...

Jer 1-5
5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Job 19:25 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. 26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; 27 I myself will see him with my own eyes-I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

And as he was passing by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, 'Rabbi, who has sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?" Jesus answered, 'Neither has this man sinned, nor his parents, but the works of God were to be made manifest in him.'" (John 9:1)

I appoligize for getting biblical... but i love when the bible and "science" agrees with each other

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thanks for your kind words.

In the Youtube interview with Mr Newton there is a passage in part 4 or 5 on Youtube where he tells us about a man who used 4000 years of reincarnations to get rid of his attachment to jealousy, and in this lifetime his attachment to intolerance is very strong and he needs to eradicate it.

In my view all forms of orthodox self-cultivation(including all the original religions) aims at eradicating one´s attachments. The fewer one has the better person one becomes, that is the ultimate law as I understand it.

No need to forbid people from drinking coffee as long as you don´t "have to" drink it every morning...

In the modern era people have a record number of attachments as I see it due to modern society´s downfall. People are attached to everything material these days including the six desires of Buddhism(fame, gain, sex, food&drink, comfort and mental pleasures) and seven emotions. People have forgotten what life is all about since the religions became corrupted and nobody has a "Fa"(law) to follow to improve themselves.

However, there is Falun Dafa now and it is no coincidence the great law arrived during these times, just like all prophecies foretold.

Reincarnation is practically everywhere in the bible, one of my favourite passages is this one:

Matthew:
13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah(the Son of Man now on earth as a human being - my understanding) who was to come.

15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Interesting!

Though, unless I misunderstand or glossed over something, this research seems to imply that we reincarnate in a purely linear-ish fashion, right? All the people recalled lives from our past, not from our future. It seems like we can reincarnate to periods which have already passed us, but no further than the present...or something. I'm confusing myself now, but I do recall hearing once that when one reincarnates, they can do so "anywhere" on the timeline, and this research doesn't really support that.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter9

Good point, as far as I understand in some time-space dimensions they live ahead of us and in others they live behind us. Like a watch with a seconds meter, a minutes meter and a hours meter and sometimes the seconds meter is ahead and sometime it is behind the minutes meter(we are at the center of the universe it is said) and it definitely runs faster.

It is said only a person who wants to do orthodox cultivation will change his future life path. Ie a person who becomes a Buddhist or Taoist monk or a Falun Dafa practitioner can change his future life course because his life is now all about cultivation(eliminating his attachments to desires and emotions and in some methods cultivating one´s body through physical exercises - ie Falun Dafa and Taoist methods).

There is something called "Future Life regression", just found a short article here:

I am an avid listener of Coast to Coast AM , a radio talk show hosted by George Noory and syndicated nationwide. One of my favorite topics on his show is Reincarnation. I have spoken before of my beliefs on this subject and philosophically it makes sense to me. As matter of fact it is this belief that turned my life around in 1996. I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about the subject any more as this life is the only one that matters; possible previous incarnations are but an entertaining curiosity. But anytime the topic is featured on Coast to Coast I am sure to listen.

Last Thursday, Dr Charles Tramont was on the air, discussing his practice and plugging his new book. It was, as always, a very interesting show. In the second hour of his interview Dr Tramont changed speeds, shifting from past-life regression to future life progression. I have a difficult time to believing in this. Whereas regression hypnotherapy makes sense, progression therapy does not. Regressively, your subconscious recalls events of the soul. I have undergone the process myself. It was very interesting. But projecting progressively, how can the soul have experienced what has not happened? It can merely project possibilities. Time is not a static line. No one can say with 100 percent accuracy what will happen tomorrow, next week or next year. The future at best is predicted on a series of probabilities based upon a number of given variables. Although I do believe that Dr Tramont reported accurately his patient’s recollections, the recollections themselves sounded little more than fantasy. Much like the memories of alien abductions recalled under hypnosis, future life progressions smack of confabulation filled wishes. I want to believe, I do, but for now I can only be entertained. Curious as to what other’s thoughts on the subject of future life progression are?

I cultivate in Falun Dafa and many people cultivating in Dafa acquire strong supernormal abilities. Once there was a very young person who could see the end of this life for me and then my next life destiny... As I understand it one minute in that dimension can equal 100 years in this dimension... So they can see very far ahead and that is how the prophecies came about. And they all see a big change coming very very soon as a flash of lightning, most people will know nothing about it beforehand.

I don´t doubt the kid told me truth but I will try my best to become a better and better person with less and less attachments to be able to go as high as possible.

PS: www.youtube.com... - this is interesting I find, especially when she says there are people in the 36th century fighting a "higher conscience" to create a balance on earth - sounds genuine to me.

Bruce Goldberg: www.youtube.com...

top topics

join