It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a lighter note, The Hobbit film starts rolling cameras today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A production that took years to put together has FINALLY started filming in New Zealand today! Over a course of two years, Peter Jackson & co are going to be filming The Hobbit, the book is set 60 years before the events of The Lord of the Rings. Its a two-part epic that will be released Dec 2012 and Dec 2013 respectively. Its going to be big man...

Here is a picture of Jackson on the new Bag End set ---

A few additional news links ---
MTV - Hobbit starts Filming! 5 Iconic scenes we cannot wait for

TORN - PRODUCTION BEGINS

cbsnews.com - Filming has begun

Any Tolkien fans here? Feel free to add some thoughts...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I can't wait for this.

Hard to believe how different PJ looks nowadays compared to his younger self. He sure has lost a lot of weight.

It looks like the majority of the cast from LOTR will be in the Hobbit. No problem here with that. Also, there's a rumor going around that Leonard Nimoy will voice Smaug. Be sweet if he did.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

Wow, thats one I haven't heard of yet, Leonard Nimoy doing Smaug....how awesome would that be, a Spock-like Samug. I know Christopher Lee is keen to do the voice, but I'm not sure what will happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KainRich
I can't wait for this.

Hard to believe how different PJ looks nowadays compared to his younger self. He sure has lost a lot of weight.

It looks like the majority of the cast from LOTR will be in the Hobbit. No problem here with that. Also, there's a rumor going around that Leonard Nimoy will voice Smaug. Be sweet if he did.

it looks like its an all new cast, except for ian mcclellan as gandalf, i hope they bring back elrond (hugo weaving) he's one of my favorites, ever since Matrix.

top topics

join