It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Important Thought, Which You Suddenly and Inexplicably Lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am curious. Have any of you suddenly lost all train of thought? For example . . . on a sudden train of thought that you had a EUREKA! moment about?! Then you prepare to present this evidence to the rest of the world and then inexplicably draw a blank?

I thought this was a normal occurrence. I was relatively unaware of this until I suddenly and unexplainably (this should be a word. I thought it was until now; Word says nope.) woke up. I had important news to deliver to a trusted, regular news source . . . until I lost that information somehow. For the life of me I cannot remember what that information was, yet, I know that I had information that I wanted to give to my source. Anyhow, this is my realization . . any similar experiences out there?

Have you also lost one of those important thoughts for no apparent reason . . . inexplicably lost to outside, eternal, and unknown sources that you can not quite put your finger on?
edit on 22-3-2011 by nonnez because: title

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatifitweretrue

Lol, (thought I respond in terms you could understand). I have not smoked the herbage for twenty plus years, but thanks for playing none-the-less. This is different, I assure you! . . . So, you sir, just go back to your surreal fantasy world!
edit on 22-3-2011 by nonnez because: Because I had to

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whatifitweretrue

"Where was I?" lol.

OP, think of someting entirely different for a few hours and then of the source again. I hate it when that happens.
Honestly though, I think somebody is stealing the ideas in my head. My idea on making money revolves around inventing stuff. So I have a lot of ideas which I also forger most of the time.
I tell my girfriend and then, a year later I read about it and go, "Didnt I tell you how it would be cool if we had that?"

So now I just keep it to myself...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Well . . . that is a little closer to my truth, except, NOT! You only vaguely describe the nuisance, the loss, that I bring forth for attention. I am sure that someone will eventually come about that has experienced the same . . . I am sure of it! Poke fun if you will, poke fun . . . damned you! . . . damned you!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
ok. I apologize for that last statement then.
I will delete all of it.
like I said. I didn't even see the 1st comment. It had already been removed.
You may want to edit the 'reply to monkey' out of that comment then.

Well, actually I'll keep one part of my comment intact.
It still might be a good idea to carry a pencil and small notebook.
With today's technology and cell phones, it is easy for us to forget that a pencil and paper still can come in handy at times lol.
edit on 3/22/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Whoa! I am not sure how I got there . . . I agree with your summation! I thought I was replying to the individual that suggested that I was smoking "grass". It seems like posts were mixed up to an extreme level; I apologize to Monkeygod333 fully!

I have to thank you for catching that, BrokenCircles . . . thank you . . . truly.
edit on 22-3-2011 by nonnez because: Thank you

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It is all good. Just misunderstandings that we have dealt with through rational communication. We have proven that talking is a reasonable way to accomplish goals . . . have we not?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Rational communication is a good thing.
That could have turned out ugly.
All is good now though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

What a discon#ulation. No worries. But just so were clear, I wasn’t poking fun at you. I was poking it with you.

Honestly though, if you are worried about this, look up the Mars Records. I cant remember where I found it, but it was about this therapist lady who had these weird sessions about this guy and together they unlocked lots of weird information in his head. Whenever she would ask a question of a particular nature, there would be like a program that goes off in the mind telling the guy not to say anything, or that he cannot remember it. Blockages on the mind!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Its not a fictional book, apparently it realy happened. But that is for another thread alltogether.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
reply to post by nonnez

What a discon#ulation. No worries. But just so were clear, I wasn’t poking fun at you. I was poking it with you.

Honestly though, if you are worried about this, look up the Mars Records. I cant remember where I found it, but it was about this therapist lady who had these weird sessions about this guy and together they unlocked lots of weird information in his head. Whenever she would ask a question of a particular nature, there would be like a program that goes off in the mind telling the guy not to say anything, or that he cannot remember it. Blockages on the mind!

That is very interesting, I will look that up. Often I simply wonder about certain things that I can never learn the truth of . . . except for the fact of asking the correct questions of the RIGHT audience and taking notes. I really appreciate your input on the matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Habitual heavy use of certain types of sleeping pills will cause sudden loss of short-term memory function. This being said, I write EVERYTHING down, even if I can't remember the whole thought. No matter how trivial it may seem at the time, it may be the key to re-tracing other thoughts.

top topics

join