It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so what now? Radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So what now? I'm looking at online radiation level websites. All appears safe there. Trace ammounts of radioactive dust in Seattle? Media is downplaying the Japanese nuclear crisis. It's hard to sift through it and determine whats going on.

So far I think...but I could be wrong...

a. It's bad. Chernobyl Bad--but what does that mean to me here in Oregon? Am I in danger? Is there anything I can do? I can't afford a giger counter right now.
b. I think we're safe here and not at high risk for cancer but....How would I know otherwise?

What are you guys doing about this?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
yah i dont know just posted about the seattle thing. We do like everyone else and wait and hope the government gives us safe instructions like in japan. Stay in side and hope that it goes away

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
very strange how no one seems to be talking about this all of a sudden.....with the exception of you of course.

maybe there just isn't anything to talk about???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
thanks for the reminder I meant to post something on this the other day thinking along the lines of iodine and balance

Imagine a salt that in its purest form is enriched with an astounding 84 trace minerals in which God created within the human body. Most people over-dose their bodies with sodium chloride found in regular table salt. Our bodies only require a minimal amount of salt on a daily basis. Consuming an overabundance of sodium chloride triggers our body to recognize this as an aggressive cellular toxin and tries to eliminate it quickly which overburdens the kidneys. atwistoflife.blogspot.com...

Himalayan is by far the best salt to use. If you have high blood pressure don't be afraid to add Himalayan salt to your diet. wholefoodandmore.wordpress.com...

Salt from the Himalayan mountains is nourished by the nutrient-rich water and soil in the area, and contains upwards of 84 minerals, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron. Calcium promotes muscle strength and nourishes the bones, leading to stronger and healthier bones, joints, teeth, and hooves. Magnesium is particularly wonderful for your active horse, providing relief for tired and aching muscles. Potassium is essential for a strong heart, while Iron keeps your horse’s blood healthy. Other health benefits include:
Regulation of Water: Himalayan salt is natural and authentic, and the crystalline shape of each piece of salt keeps its original integrity - it doesn’t absorb amount of water that traditional salt does,which means less bloating and water retention for your horse (and less work for you!).
Healthy Blood Sugar Levels: Your horse will achieve and maintain healthier levels of blood sugar.
No More Muscle Cramps: Since Himalayan salts help regulate electrolyte balance, muscle cramps from running, jumping, and generally straining are kept to a minimum.
Better Blood Pressure: When consumed with water, these salts are essential in regulating blood pressure. www.sfbsc.com...

rrr hrrr hrrr

edit on 22-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hi I am in North Dakota, obviously quite further away than you, and unfortunately i am affraid there is really nothing you or I can do right now except worry about the what if. Throughout this whole ordeal we were never getting the whole truth from japan. Personnally and i mean no disrepect to the asian community at all, but i think the reason for this is because they are trying to save face. They messed up and do not want to be considered the bad guys. They are a compassionate culture I believe and i am convinced no one feels as bad about this as them. OUr government will not tell us the truth either, simply to prevent mass chaos if indeed there is a real threat. My opinion in all this is that we are safe.
This is a great site depicting radiation patterens after the Chernobyl incident. users.owt.com...

The first map shows the regions of heaviest fallout and the second map shows the dispersal pattern after a week. Its safe to say that Chernobyl was the worst nuclear reactor accident in history, and clearly the maps show that the heaviest radiation was withing a radius of about 800 miles. Japan is just about 7000 miles away.

A quote from the article

The radiation threat from the Chernobyl accident to the people living in eastern Europe and Finland from solely the radiation field it produced was essentially negligible considering that the total dose possibly received without any safety precautions and living in regions of high ground contamination is on the order of magnitude of 1 rad. Acute effects from this kind of radiation do not usually take affect until exposure approached 15 rads for very sensitive people.

You are far more likely to make yourself sick from worry than you are from and radiation threat from Japan. Even if it is on a scale as bad as Chernobyl the greatest defense we have is distance. It is very easy to get carried away in thought when it is almost immposible to find the truth, and nothing is worse than fear of the unknown. I hope this little bit of knowledge takes away some of that unknown for you and helps put your mind at ease, if only enough for a good nights sleep. Rest well my friend we are gonna be fine
edit on 22-3-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
With the panic we are seeing with the extremely low levels from the Japanese plants.

What would happen from a nuclear attack.

Are people going to blow there brains out because they have a moderate dose of fallout.

I have the feeling most would not survive TEOTWAWKI just because they know so little about anything.

Not that i mind if many don't survive because it will leave less morons for me to get rid of.

top topics

join