It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Sky Map App. Anomaly, change of North?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Heres a quote from android: Android's Sky map

The Google Sky Maps Android app is a true marvel of modern technology and simple usage. With this app a mobile device owner can discover the wonder and beauty of the night sky simply by positioning themselves and pointing their Google Phone toward space.

By utilizing and Optimization the Android phone’s location and orientation sensors you can be shown a star map for the local area. Every star, planet, and constellation within the phone’s point of view that is currently known to man and able to be seen by modern technology will appear in a brilliantly detailed map on the phone’s display.

Sky map on Android app. Ive noticed this in the past couple months but brushed it off as a malfunction/glitch. Now since all these other anomalies I'd thought I'll add this to the mix.

The changes right after I first downloaded this app.
I noticed the horizon line lift up wards, too from where I first noticed it.And what followed this change on sky map. The south pole or on the app SP was right below my feet and after a couple months Ive have seen it rise with the horizon line, in the southwestern direction. And now its right below the horizon line.
The north on the horizon line is north-east right below Polaris next to Ursa Minor. Which is very close to the horizon line. It looks like its going down in the north east direction...?

I have seen these changes in location first hand, but like I said, I just brushed it off but now with all these other anomilies, I begining to think its all related to whats going on.
Which also, my compass on my phone is going crazzy.. it cant find north. Its going from west to east, east to west in a twitching pattern.

Can any one else verify on this?
and/or could my phone be a glitch like the others compass's and app compass's?
Which I dont think its a glitch because its doing the same as above, the same as others..

Thanx amuch, VV6.
edit on 22-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Have you calibrated your Android today?
androgeoid.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It could be an update issue. The last update really did a number on some droid phones (mine included). My camera and camerecorder no longer work. The battery only lasts 3 hours and the signal keeps getting dropped.

Just tossin that out there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It updates all the time, gets annoying when Im doing something like texting lol. And if I have too many app's it waists the battery.

reply to post by Phage

Yes, after it keeps going back to what it was doing on both app's.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
No one has seen this happen to their sky map ?
Somethings going on.....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My Military Compass is working perfectly, just like it always has..

That AP should not be considered anything more than a toy..

And yes, I have the Droid X

Semper

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Maybe so, Ill hit my budy up and see if we could figure shis shizy out.
and Ill post it up later.
coincidence's I think

edit on 22-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

top topics

join