It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small planes flying around late at night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I've been noticing it for years, but just in the past week I've been hearing these planes fly around late at night a lot more frequently. While I'm in bed (1AM - 3AM) I will hear at least one of these small planes flying around nearby. Honestly I find them a little suspicious and wondering if anyone else has got a clue as to what they may be doing? Last night was stranger, as the plane sounded a bit different, sort of had a different sound like I could hear the air fluctuating in its engine, which is new, sort of affected my ears somehow. I'm in Australia, Sydney. Fairly dense suburban environment.

Just wondering if anyone knows what small planes may be doing at that time of night?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I've been hearing them aswell at night for years, but not frequently. They seem to be private planes so they could be moving anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
We have that too...I am pretty sure they are practicing night flying and night landings, you have to have so many hours of that to get your license..i think more people are taking flying lessons.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Have you considered that they are novice pilots trying to get their hours for being able to carry passengers at night or to get their advanced rating pilots licence? or just getting practice with IFR?

Heres some info on it.

Night flying1

Night Flying 2

IFR and VFR

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
We have that too...I am pretty sure they are practicing night flying and night landings, you have to have so many hours of that to get your license..i think more people are taking flying lessons.

Haha, you beat me to the punch!
2nd line

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Funny, I'm noticing a lot of aircraft activity in my vicinity in the middle of the night also. Not airplanes but helicopters. Never had helicopters waking me up in the middle of the night for a week straight.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have noticed small planes flying over my area of the capital city, several time when I have gone out to locate them I find that they are flying without lights. That isn't normal, as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There is a massive number of Black Hawk Hellicopters in my area at the moment apparently doing terrorist training exersizes. I like how they put it "Terrorist Exersize" sounds like thery are training to be terrorists!! lol

My area being victoria Australia-

Link to another ATS page reporting this www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Haha, you beat me to the punch!
2nd line

Yes we have a couple pilots in the hamily! But i to keep feeling it is odd, we are now in a small town where there are a lot of poor why all the new pilots if that is what it is.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Me aswell, allthough I see them and do not hear them. There is something going on thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

law enforcement with thermal imiaging looking for pot grows or drug labs?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

This may be related. I live in TX and I am not hearing planes at night but what we are seeing are seemingly high altitude planes(I think planes?) at dusk, usually around 5 - 8 PM. Im not talking one or two, I have counted 7 + in high altitude all going different directions. This is every night for weeks then nothing. The all leave seemingly normal contrails that dissipate soon after. I started noticing it around November of 2010. May just be routine, but I can never remember seeing that many every night.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I hear them too, but I'm in Denver where there's lots of air traffic anyway. I've kind of learned to ignore it, but maybe I'll pay attention next few nights.

As long as there's a plane thread going, instead of starting another...I was at my front door smoking yesterday about 2pm. First warm, beautiful day we've had without insanely high winds. I hear plane engines, no big deal. Then four military jets, lined up wing to wing, came whoosing overhead, north to south, lower than commercial planes do.
I realize there's Air Force bases in Colorado, but have lived here over 20 years & don't recall seeing something like that before over city limits. Maybe I've been on this site too much lately. Is that normal?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hey guys, I mostly lurk on ATS but thought I'd tell you what I heard about this, because I was noticing it too!

(I kept hearing fighter jets over my house VERY late at night, & it was either f-15's or 18's...Im a Navy brat & also have a Navy pilot friend so I know what it sounds like
)

Anyway, I asked my soon to be stepfather whats up (he works at a Naval Air Station) & he told me they have been doing lots of exercises lately, especially night flying...not sure what theyre prepping for though! He said it was pretty much nation wide. I know that much about planes being heard in the US & I asked him solely because I too, live in an area where we dont have that kind of stuff happening.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Many, many law enforcement agencies employ the use of planes at night to patrol. Theyve done it here in oregon for years.

new topics

top topics

join