It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not the Center of the Universe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have seen several of the clip but this one left me speechless.

www.youtube.com...

We are so small

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 3/22/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
UM....I most certainly am.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Actually i am.

When you are looking into the universe you are actually looking at the mind. Think of it as an internal representation of whats going on with your internal politics.

Lets say the government is your ego, and Jesus is your heart. Lets say the magnetics of the planets and solar system/universe represent the neuro net of your mind, lets say it uses that as a tool to explain itself to itself.

For a moment, just for me, look into a telescope and pretend you are looking into your own brain(mind).
edit on 22-3-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i agree with another poster how do you not think that my body centered is not the center of the universe|?
kinda curious as this galaxy if you will is so big, i quit possibly could be the center of my universe right

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I have seen this awesome video before. It really makes you want to laugh in the face of those people that think we are the only intelligent species in the universe.

Think about how small a human is compared to the biggest star, then think if there were creatures small enough to live on them.

Our stars could just be microscopic atoms compared to a larger picture on things

edit on 3/22/2011 by LiquidNova because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes, we are extremely small relative to the supergiants (giant stars), galaxies, galaxy clusters, etc. We would be so immensely naive and hubris to believe we are at the center of the universe.

There is no center of the universe and even if we were at the alleged core of all that is, that would make us astoundingly lucky.

I'm sure there are many other beings who believe they are at the center, but I'm also certain there are many that believe they are not at the center as well.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Monsterenergy791 because: Spelling mistake.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

So you are to believe that the limits of the universe reach beyond the mind? And you are to have me believe this is well?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
there's no center of the universe, as the universe cannot be contained in any space known to have a center a beggining or an end.

theres only all that there is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
As another poster stated: yes I am the center of my universe.

This is my universe, as I am perceiving it. For all I know the way you perceive your computer monitor is comparable to some sort of wooden plank in my perception of things.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We are pretty close to the center of the Universe I believe.
How many galaxies are there?
How many stars in each of those galaxies you think?
How many planets could exist around each one of those stars?
How many could have life or civilizations?

Here's my point.... how many possibilities are out there that could create something called "Snookie"?
We are unique! There are no other galaxies that could possibly manifest a Snookie.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The limits of the universe don't reach beyond the mind. This is true I think, but I'm not sure exactly why you brought this up. All I said is that there is no center of the universe, and that is true because we don't know what shape the universe is and it's ever expanding (possibly infinite).

I'm not sure if I answered your question.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
god save us all!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Kargun

Actually i am.

When you are looking into the universe you are actually looking at the mind. Think of it as an internal representation of whats going on with your internal politics.

Lets say the government is your ego, and Jesus is your heart. Lets say the magnetics of the planets and solar system/universe represent the neuro net of your mind, lets say it uses that as a tool to explain itself to itself.

For a moment, just for me, look into a telescope and pretend you are looking into your own brain(mind).
edit on 22-3-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

I babbled on about this in the post on the "UFO in Japan". I touched on this looking at Quantum Physics and Mind (believe it or not there is a connection, hope no one was begging for me to "shut up!" by my tendency to look for not-so-obvious connections is, well guys, my nature ) But thats me... It's one when we do "Go Beyond Borg", which, our current information exchange does not yet do, still at a primitive technological-only level but also when we start linking our ideas and hopes and become the next new human species of man. A future that would be The Great Awakening. Make the Enlightenment, Classical Age, Industrial, Space Age, Genetic stuff all of it look like a yard sale. I will work to unfold/awaken on this planet, which each of us must both together and alone also do. Then and only will we survive. This time is a crucial apex of change and we must get it right... There is no other way.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Au contraire, I am the center of MY universe.

Besides... Earth is a pretty important place, given the amount of manipulation and deception taking place here. Someone is gaining big off suppressing the truth. I'm talking off world interests. Ever stop to entertain such ideas...?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

If the limitations of the universe do not exist beyond the limitations of the mind, then does that mean the universe is limited to the far and outer reaches of the mind?

I would then assume that the mind is what creates the universe as the universe would then be contained within the mind.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ah I really enjoy these types of videos the only thing is they make me sad because I'm stuck here on Earth while I would rather be out exploring the galaxy in a ship that travel faster then light.
Conventional space rockets seem to far from that possibility.
I wish someone would invent the warp drive.

top topics

join