It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Lies: Story About Human Shields Fabricated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
"CNN correspondent on Monday angrily rejected a report by the Fox network that he and other journalists were used as human shields by Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi to prevent a missile attack on his compound."

read more thesop.org...

more democratsforprogress.com...

more and more tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Why does Fox pull such crap? They know their critics frenzy feed over such BS.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Fox News isn't a news agency. Its an emotion factory.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The media:

There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.
The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?
We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...I need your help!
edit on 21-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Regardless of the lies, Ghaddafi should not have been targeted anyway. The job of the coalition is to enforce a no-fly zone and protect civilians, not kill world leaders. The West does not need the crapstorm killing Ghaddafi would bring.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You can't teach an old fox new tricks.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I can see by some of the comments that Fox News brainwashing is taken hold.

There are a lot of Evil people in this world and yes Kaddafi is one of them. But and this is a big but, we as Americans have no business what so ever attacking once again a sovereign nation.

This is N. W. O. BS through and through.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
How can journalists, news anchors or any staff for that matter working for Fox news sleep at night after so many blatant fiascos!?...
I would just quit that circus.....I guess integrity and dignity as its price.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Well put my friend
Mainsream journalism is on life support But now its up to us free thinkers to search for the truth and bring it to the masses one person at a time if need be.
I imagine this is how the original journalist felt before being corrupted by money its invaded the newstellers like a deadly virus and the only antidote strong enough to fight it off is Pure Unaltered TRUTH.
edit on 21-3-2011 by technique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Every report about Libya this far has been a lie , so this can't come as a suprise to anyone ! The whole pretense to this war is a lie .Yet there are so many being sucked into this .I don't feel sorry for people who don't own their own minds but I feel extremely for those hurt by this mindlessness .
edit on 22-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What really? Fox dont tell the truth? This is well known the world over. If i ever watch a youtube vid and see the FOX in the corner, i take it with a few kilo's of salt. This news network will go down in a burning heap together with the NWO. Its not to late for them to do their job, their duty to the people. Any journalist who cops out to keep a job in my eyes is as bad as the puppets controlling all this mess.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My question is.... WHY DO WE STILL WATCH FOX???

I thought after the hole George Bush cheating in an election thing we all realised FOX is full of S???

Seriously as the song goes.... When will we ever learn. Its about ratings. not credibility and they keep doing it because people like us keep watching it.

Obviously by saying "we" I'm not aiming this at anyone other than the general public. No offence intended
edit on 22-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: added phrase on bottom line.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The report did not state that Journalists themselves were used as human shield. But that some Fox correspondents were worried about being used as humans shields. Secondly, While the title of this video is misleading, the actual words of the FOX corresponded were that Libyan CIVILIANS were brought in as human shields, WHICH IS TRUE. People have been volunteering as human shields in Libya to prevent the bombing of certain targets.

Here's the Reuters story confirming the volunteers:

Libyans form human shield at Gaddafi's compound

Libyans from all walks of life streamed into the Bab Al-Aziziyah compound, shouting slogans and holding portraits of Gaddafi. Loudspeakers boomed songs praising the leader.

"My mother and father told me that they (Western warplanes) would attack the compound so I came here to protect our leader," said one 10-year-old boy, Mahmoud.

But I guess it's just easier to misconstrue, misrepresent, and lie yourself when you don't like a particular news source right?

They don't even MENTION Jennifer Griffin's name...I wonder why?

edit on 22-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The story on Fox.com very clearly stated that the reporters were used as human shields:

but the strikes had to be curtailed due to crews from CNN, Reuters and other organizations nearby. Officials from Libya's Ministry of Information brought those journalists to the area to show them damage from the initial attack and to effectively use them as human shields.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Very well then.

As far as the online source is concerned, I stand corrected. But from my point of view, a man such as Ghaddafi would most certainly use foreign journalists as human shields where effective. If they knew these jets were coming, would you not do what you could to curtail them? It seemed to be quite effective in it's outcome. Do you honestly think that the British would NOT bomb a compound full of Ghaddafi supporters?

I think the Ministry of Information needed human shields that the Brits would give an F about.

So what if Nic Robertson doesn't believe it, do you think they would be told "Hey CNN crew, come over to the compound so we could stop British jets from bombing it"? What if the Fox crew, from their point of view, thought that the purpose was to use the journalists as shields as they had seemed to?

I think this whole thing is being used as an excuse to drag Fox through the mud. Why would anyone put it passed Ghaddafi's people to use foreigners as shields? He gave the Lockerbie bomber a heroes welcome for Christ sake.

Read of Ghaddafi's past crimes. Especially in Sierra Leone

This guy is not above anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Nobody is saying Ghaddafi is an angel. Nic Robertson clearly stated that the journalists chose to go to the compound, staying for only 30 minutes. And they went exactly because they know they kind of man Ghaddafi is and did not want to give him an opportunity to edit footage to portray him in a good light or the allies in a bad light. They did the right thing, they got the story.

Ghaddafi's actions in Africa are irrelevant to this story. If we were to examine outside nations' activities througout Africa, France, America, and Britain would all be exposed as just as bad as Ghaddafi.
edit on 22-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

No I don't think they are irrelevant. The concern from the Fox news crew is that they would be used as human shields. When all was said and done, in that 30 minute span, they indeed were effective human shields.

Ghaddafi's past crimes illustrate precisely the kind of lengths the regime is willing to go to. So the idea that the Ghaddafi regime did bring in these journalists in order to shield the facility is not beyond the pale, but certainly withing the regime's MO.

Don't you think it's a little odd that they have no yet attacked the compound again?

In short I don't think the Fox crew was lying. Only telling the story from their point of view. I swear the only network out there NOT allowed to have a point of view is Fox.

Furthermore Robertson forgot to mention the FACT that British warplanes turned away from bombing the site BECAUSE those journalists were there, as well as a gaggle of civilians.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
The report did not state that Journalists themselves were used as human shield. But that some Fox correspondents were worried about being used as humans shields. Secondly, While the title of this video is misleading, the actual words of the FOX corresponded were that Libyan CIVILIANS were brought in as human shields, WHICH IS TRUE. People have been volunteering as human shields in Libya to prevent the bombing of certain targets.

Ummmm I was watching Fox all day that day when they were repeating the claim, and CNN claims are indeed 100% correct. The vid you selected was later in the afternoon when FNC was in full damage control swing. They puffed a falsehood and their peers over at CNN called them on it. The CNN "peer review" as I'll call it, had nothing to do with Libyans volunteering as human shields. And they are because they love their country, not because they are protecting -dafi, or being forced to against their will. I hope we don't go in on the ground because that's black pajama dedicated, nationalism we have not seen since Vietnam.
edit on 23-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: diction addition

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
After that business where it turns out the bit about Iraqis pulling babies out of incubators turned out to be a lie
no one believes a thing Americans say when justifying the slaughter it takes to keep the American governmment pay checks rolling...oh yeah and no WMD
faux said there was WMD

especially after the recent bit about Americans shooting their alciaduh allies who were returning their downed pilots....100 percent no casualties eh?
except there were casualties
american allies

faux like the US government has been busted lying enough times thats inconsequential
the people who insist on defending the indefensible?
Faux people.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join