It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Photos of space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Over the years Hubble along with other satellites have taken some amazing pictures of not only our galaxy but the entire universe itself opening our eyes to things we never thought could have exist just 40 years ago

i feel this is one of the most influencial pictures that has been taken sofar it is the Hubble Ultra Deep Field

en.wikipedia.org...:Hubble_ultra_deep_field_high_rez_edit1.jpg

Galaxies, galaxies everywhere - as far as NASA's Hubble Space Telescope can see. This view of nearly 10,000 galaxies is the deepest visible-light image of the cosmos. Called the Hubble Ultra Deep Field, this galaxy-studded view represents a "deep" core sample of the universe, cutting across billions of light-years.

The snapshot includes galaxies of various ages, sizes, shapes, and colors. The smallest, reddest galaxies, about 100, may be among the most distant known, existing when the universe was just 800 million years old. The nearest galaxies - the larger, brighter, well-defined spirals and ellipticals - thrived about 1 billion years ago, when the cosmos was 13 billion years old.

i read on APOD ( astronomy picture of the day) that the large yellow galaxy in the lower right is so big that it should not exist according to astrophysics

i think that is absolutely astonishing.

feel free to share your thoughts and pictures

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I love that photo
edit on 21-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

this is the photo the OP intended to post by the way
edit on 21-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Wow, that's a jaw dropper. Thanks for sharing! excellent photo.

I feel so miniscule.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
Over the years Hubble along with other satellites have taken some amazing pictures of not only our galaxy but the entire universe itself ....

"entire" universe?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I absolutely love that picture! The Hubble Ultra Deep Field just looks so beautiful. It makes me feel absolutely insignificant compared to the 'big picture'. Hubble has done a fantastic job of taking photos of the cosmos in that detail. It's so far away too. We would never reach that distance in our lifetime!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
very cool, here a few mo

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
here are a few more

all three images are from apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

wow that third one looks like space popcorn in the making...maybe God is about to "enjoy the show"

edit on 22-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

yea think about what you have seen as far as pictures of galaxies pulsars, quasars, possible black holes

those arent all in our galaxy alone they are throughout the "entire" universe

new topics

top topics

join