It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the moon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi im quite new on here and not sure how to use the quotes on here, but only yesterday i did a thread in the 2012 section titled "confused about the moons behaviour. I think you might find it very interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
lol, look again

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That is what I tried to get at but it went a totally different direction as you can see! Last night was not normal! And the moons behavior is not normal at all! What is going on?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Everything is perfectly normal.
Nothing is unusal.
The Moon, as always is fine.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

That is what I tried to get at but it went a totally different direction as you can see! Last night was not normal! And the moons behavior is not normal at all! What is going on?

why is it completely on time and normal for everyone else? Tell ya what, load up that software again, or even google sky can work too i think, tell it where you are (be as accurate as possible) and note when it should crest the horizon, also note any easy to spot stars too.

Then, that night, go out and watch, bring a laptop with you if needed, and wait until one of the stars lines up, then you can verify it's not a horizon issue. The software isn't going to know exactly what elevation you are at, or what's around you hill wise, so this will at least show you how much of the sky is getting blocked by the horizon.

Then simply wait and watch where the moon should be. I promise you, it will be there, it might be slightly late (horizon, inclination, etc etc) but it will be there.

The fact that other people, in other locations, are seeing the moon just fine, should help calm you down. Unless you subscribe to the "the moon is a hologram" retardedness.
edit on 22-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

====

just for reference, the tidal activity here is normal (Bay of Fundy, highest tides in the world) and completely on time, which is solely driven by the moon. Case closed?
edit on 22-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Do you know everything is fine because you have observed normal behaviour, Or do you know everything is perfectly fine because of your papers and links. There is unusual behaviour with the moon, and now that so many people are aware of it, and because so many people believe so it will be only a matter of time before its out in the open.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hello OP. The Moon in your area has been cancelled to conserve energy. What with the rising price of gas and cheese the Moon will only be in your area Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. We apologise for the interruption to your Lunar enjoyment.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well I'm asking the same question here in the uk! Its nearly 9pm here and I saw the moon last on friday. It came up around dusk at about 18.30 GMT.
However I was looking forward to seeing the supermoon on saturday, but couldn't because of the local weather!
I have however not seen it on sunday, monday or tuesday (today) despite clear nights. It should be shining down through my window about now, but isn't!
I do know its times vary but I usually get to see the full moon when its full for at least 5 night in a row!!

Does it Dematierialise sometimes and just vanish??? I'm guessing it just changes orbit though! I have no idea but it should be in the sky round about now

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Willow1985

I am having the same problem its 21.13pm can see stars but no moon

Anyone else in the UK seeing the moon.................

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

I would hope not, but give it an hour and a half.
www.timeanddate.com...

edit on 3/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage - Was getting a little worried

Have bookmarked the link

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You make stupid threads like this then you complain about people on ATS bullying you...?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ok, I just looked out of the window, and I kid you not, I can now see two moons! what the ****!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
according to alex collier, the moon is actually a "satellite" or "space ship"... so maybe aliens flew it away from the earth cause we all know the earth is doomed

jk lol, sometimes i notice the moon in different spots of the sky every other night... i should research it i guess, but im sure its nothing out of the normal so just relax dude.... u say u have an iphone, u should download the starwalk app! its great, then it'll show you where the moon is

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

Not yet.Lots of stars though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Apparently the word 'lunatic' comes from the word 'luna'
I think this is because some patients went crazy when ever there was a full moon, so they were named luna'tics'!
Are you sure the moon wasn't directly above your roof ,rather than in view of your cell, sorry, house windows?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
reply to post by loveguy

haha thanx man!

major TOOL fan!

That's Bill Hicks... In case someone hasn't mentioned...

Coming in late and will read further to see if the moon appeared.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Well something is going on because some of u see it and some of us dont! I just can't think of why the moon would shine bright one night and not be visible at all the next night

It happened to me too! The night after the Super Moon I went outside to make a picture of the Moon but IT WAS NOWEWE TO BE SEEN!!!!!!
So I was like Ok, it was here yesterday at this time but where is it now!?!?!?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by grindhouzer
reply to post by loveguy

haha thanx man!

major TOOL fan!

That's Bill Hicks... In case someone hasn't mentioned...

Coming in late and will read further to see if the moon appeared.

I had to look-up Bill Hicks to see if you were giving me away. I'll have to read more up on him before I say 'thanks'

I am however still curious about the flash(s) OP spoke of earlier-on. No updates?

Hey, sorry for being rude to you OP.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

its in my sky now! must have been having a bath : )

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join