It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
its all cool dude... according to my iphone app -Space- the moon is right on schedule and where its supposed to be... here in South Eastern Kentucky It has just cleared the top of the hills... hasn't been up long... give it a few... you should be able to see it...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Now we need our phones to tell us where the Moon is supposed to be?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmariesees

Originally posted by kid_cudi
I still do not see it!
what is wrong

I was able to see the stars. I knew it was clear skys. So, you too?

I am now seeing the moon! And no my anxiety was not caused by those other things whoever said that! as far as the compass goes! Well the compass on my iPhone was going nuts as well! No idea why! and the moon is Pretty much southeast. As far southeast as u can get without being directly south! But I'm still trying to findout what the flashes were! And I line in northeaster oklahoma! And u can't see the lightning here! It's too far away!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't understand why you are ignoring the people that are telling you to download Stellarium to find out the exact location of where the moon should be where you are.

Edit: oh seems like you've found the moon now.
edit on 22-3-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The compass in your iphone is not a real compass it is an app controlled by the accelerometer in it. So if there was an issue with it it wasnt a magnetic one but something wrong with your phone mate.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomstix
The compass in your iphone is not a real compass it is an app controlled by the accelerometer in it. So if there was an issue with it it wasnt a magnetic one but something wrong with your phone mate.

Then why would my iPhone compass and regular compass both point to the same direction? They both point to the north when I point them to the north! So tell me how a compass that is controlled by an accelerometer would be that acurate?
edit on 22-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

The latest reports that the iPhone will have a digital compass that will report, for instance, the direction you are facing when taking a picture or directions from the Mobile Map app as you walk or drive.

That was reported by apple in 2009. It is a real digital compass in my phone. Dude u need to do some research before you post! Have u evr used an iPhone compass! Look it up on YouTube man! I'll see that it's a real compass in the iPhone!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Because the Compass on the iPhone uses AGPS and your cell signal to triangulate your bearing.

.: EDIT :. Spelling
edit on 22/3/2011 by Sovaka because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

Because the Compass on the iPhone uses AGPS and your cell signal to triangulate your bearing.

.: EDIT :. Spelling
edit on 22/3/2011 by Sovaka because: Spelling

There is a magnetometer in the phone *SNIP*

As we get closer to WWDC in June, iPhone rumors continue to pop up. (We've reported on some here, here, and here. The latest reports that the iPhone will have a digital compass that will report, for instance, the direction you are facing when taking a picture or directions from the Mobile Map app as you walk or drive.

(Credit: Wikipedia) According to, AppleInsider, Asahi Kasei may be the supplier of the magnetometer used in a new iPhone. The discovery of this was made by some developers recently examining header files from the iPhone 3.0 software developers' kit. AppleInsider has more to say about the discovery:

...er files attributed to the Japanese manufacturer in a directory appropriately labeled "compass." More specifically, the files identify Asahi Kasei's azimuth sensor No. AK8973, a 16-pin leadless IC package measuring 4mm square and 0.7mm thick, as the chip that will help future iPhone users determine their direction. It bundles a master clock oscillator.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/22/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

kid_cudi,

From your backyard the moon appears one hour later each successive day go out and look for it in a couple hours it will be there. Note the time and the next night look for it in the same place about one hour later.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I don't think you should be calling someone an idiot because of technical specs of an iphone when you were just trying to claim the moon "isn't there".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RaymaNcouldbe

I don't think you should be calling someone an idiot because of technical specs of an iphone when you were just trying to claim the moon "isn't there".

I think I shall do whatever I want!
You should do your research first!
The moon seriously was not there when it was supposed to be!
There were 2 large bright flashes in the sky!
And you must have only read the beginning post because it sounds like u missed out on the other stuff that happened!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sneaky Moon.
I hate when it does that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Sneaky Moon.
I hate when it does that.

Haha I just laughed out loud! Thanks I needed that!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Thanks Phage.

I also thank the other members who came into this thread lending help, now that you have your 'moon-shine' I shall stop lurking in this thread.

Also, I'll report to NASA; mission accomplished. Operation 'jet-lag' is a success.

You were kinda rude to people who were here to help, IMHO

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

had to laugh, not at you OP.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

What kind of flashes? Did it remind you of camera flash going off? If so, do a search, as that sort of thing has been discussed an ATS before. I've seen it, too. I always thought it could just be heat lightning or a transformer blowing in some of the sightings. I've no idea what the cause was when I saw such flashes. It happened too fast to source it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

What kind of flashes? Did it remind you of camera flash going off? If so, do a search, as that sort of thing has been discussed an ATS before. I've seen it, too. I always thought it could just be heat lightning or a transformer blowing in some of the sightings. I've no idea what the cause was when I saw such flashes. It happened too fast to source it.

It was in the eastern sky but happened way too fast to even judge a distance and location besides east! They were very bright and quick and lit up the whole eastern sky!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join