It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
no need to troll the op.

op please do us all a favour and yourself, and please download stellarium.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Well, you see some times, there are dark clouds at night, and since the sky is dark, the clouds contrast. The clouds could be covering the moon right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm in Minnesota and i just checked outside its huge and its in the south east sky and i can even see it and its foggy here..Stellarium is a great program and fun to use..also this daylight saveings time may have things a bit messed up~~cookie PS Its still there

link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Well, you see some times, there are dark clouds at night, and since the sky is dark, the clouds contrast. The clouds could be covering the moon right now.

You could see the light around the clouds! Weather map and NOAA show no clouds and I don't see clouds either! I downloaded and it shows the moon is there above the horizon but I can't see it! This is weird! I just saw another bright flash!

link   
I'm sorry
Mary wanted the moon, so I took a giant lasso and pulled it down for her.

link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Well something is going on because some of u see it and some of us dont! I just can't think of why the moon would shine bright one night and not be visible at all the next night

im in london...i saw it earlier tonight...it seemed to be low towards the south east..it was in the sky for only a short period....it seemd to hardly peak...then it started to ascend sharpish...iv been watching it too!...i rekon it set before 1am
edit on 21-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Start recording some video maybe??? Might be a good idea to have this on record.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
this image from Stellarium shows the moon just coming up in the east from where you are...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
where'd OP go? No moon, huge flash in the sky...this could be going places. It's going to rain here in MI but I know that I saw the moon as early as 9 this evening

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

If you are looking at a radar image you will not see clouds, radar show rain and other anomolies that bounce back radar waves

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

Start recording some video maybe??? Might be a good idea to have this on record.

I did! I got it on my iPhone! I'm gunna keep watching the horizon! But if it had already been up and descended again why for only a short time? I was in school from 6pm to 10pm central time

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Sorry to go off topic...

Star for your signature!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Cause it is not supposed to be up until 11:46 PM where you are. Just wait until then and you will see it's lunar glory.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Seeing it fine in north west new jersey in the mountains..funny thing its foggy as heck but the moon is piercing through..look toward the east it is rising a bit higher now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

haha thanx man!

major TOOL fan!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
According to Stellarium it should be coming up right about now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I had just gone out to look at the Moon when I noticed it wasn't there. I find this odd and no glow at the horizon where it should be. I am in Colorado. So, I am waiting for you to see it first. Stay calm. It should show soon. The flashes in the sky scare me for you. I read your post immediately after coming back inside. I have added this post to give you some companionship in the anxious feeling we share over the lack of a Moon in the sky where we feel it should be. I will go out and check again every 10 minutes. Let you know if I see it first. It's just later tonight like they say.
edit on 21-3-2011 by cmariesees because: to correct "Moon"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In mi right now, and i just went outside to check the moon. For some strange reason I cannot see it anywhere. not in a city right now, so no buildings blocking it. Weird!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Why do you wanna see the moon so much anyway Kid Kuddy?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
-2 Intelligence points for viewing this thread. -10 Intelligent points for reading to entirety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join