It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Understand the Nuclear Situation - BROADCAST IN JAPAN! - DISTURBING!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Direct copy of video title:

And well....yea it IS somewhat disturbing (for lack of a better word) but...well...I am at a loss for words here...maybe you guys might be able to wrap your head around this

Like I know the USA doesn't have, or has ever had, the best Public Service Announcements but that?!?! Considering what we are dealing with here?!? I mean....wow if one of the objectives of the NWO really was to dumb down the worlds populace, ummmm I would say that they are winning

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, there's an analogy.

...I'm all grown up now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm assuming its to calm down terrified children. This would be a big help to a stressed out parent.
Definitely meant for children.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It made me afraid of poo now. Why do they ruin everything I try to enjoy on this planet?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

That has to be one of the most disturbing videos I've ever seen....how ridiculous! Where is the respect of an adult conversation? It appears that this video is directed as grade-school children; and if you ask me, children do not need the added stress of worrying about Nuclear Boy's diaper!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wow i think i just dropped a few IQ points after watching this. And for it not being as bad as Chernobyl, Chernobyl was active when it exploded sending bad stuff very high up into the air. Japan may not do that but worst case scenario being all 6 reactors meltdown contaminating the ground and the ocean.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Definitely a new approach to educating about a serious issue that could ruin society as they know it. Im hoping this was directed towards children and not for their population as a hole. But some cultures have weird quirks about them so who knows.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's fairly obvious that this video was made for children.

Perhaps the dumbing down of the population is more prevelant than you yourself realise.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
I'm assuming its to calm down terrified children. This would be a big help to a stressed out parent.
Definitely meant for children.

Trip my wife just said the same thing as she came in on the tail end of it and saw my mouth dropped and pointing at the screen saying "Whoa...wow...like man....is that like the most disturbing thing you have ever seen?!?! Like what in the hell are they thinking?!? POO?!?"

And she just said "I dunno babe....I think that it was probably meant for the kids" and walked on by. Doh! I hate it when she is right
But STILL though...I dunno...guess I would need to be Japanese if I am to understand. Hope ad pray that it does ease what the kids/children of Japan are dealing with right now. I pray for them each and every day on my long ass drive to work. Hope it makes a difference in the end

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well from that disurbing little video of fukushima, if fukushima does poo itself i dare say its sh#t will hit the fan and be flug all over the walls and everyone else.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It is directed at children, to help them understand what just happened to them. Disturbing yes, but no different than we would do with sesame street

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'd agree it's definitely directed at children. I have to wonder about some parents here on ATS and what sort of fears they needlessly impose and share with their young kids. I really shudder to think about this. My heart is with the people of Japan and everyone now living in Japan and I feel they by and large have shown tremendous courage and dignity throughout all of this.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Did they just end by saying that they need to keep giving the "poo-boy" medicine out of gratitude for the energy it gave them... while showing a figure of a child praying?

I don't know. I guess it may work on some levels... but I can't help but feel like it was 'off.' Maybe it's a cultural thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I love how Japanese sounds, wish I could speak the language.

As for the video, infantile feces...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I said this on YouTube and I'll say it here. I find this highly inappropriate and offensive. A child would be much more comforted by a blanket, a warm safe environment, some food and some assurance that things Will get better for them. I don't know how much money they spent on this but it would have been better spent on trying to rescue even one more child from that district.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Obviously it was directed to children. Anyone who find this distributing needs a wake up call. "mommy, why is everyone wearing masks?"
edit on 21-3-2011 by splint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
My wife watched it. (Okinawan) She was laughing because of the humor. She also said it was a very easy way for elementary school children to understand and know what is going on. I either get the news from her or from here on ATS. Oh there were 4 more earth quakes up towards the main land again.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Most definitely directed towards children and as a parent, I can completely see the logic behind the 'poo' humour in it, kids find that taboo and hilarious at the same time, it's meant to ease their young minds already terrified with the quake and tsunami...if it helps one child sleep easier, I say kudos to them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think its highly appropriate to have nuclear boy fart in addition--going along with the analogy the video makes--to pooing.

But I can't wait for people to take this analogy to a new level. TEPCO and the Japanese governments as Nuclear Boy's parents? Will they be blamed for not teaching their son better manners? Hah.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Noscible because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join